CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

Another one? A reboot or something?

From the Wiki page (via facebook).... and I QUOTE:

On July 24, 2009, Edward James Olmos stated that The Plan will not be the last BSG reimagined movie.

Blood & Chrome
Main article: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome is an upcoming pilot based on the television series Battlestar Galactica. Thanks to the highly acclaimed response to both Battlestar Galactica and its spinoff Caprica, Syfy approached show runner Ronald D. Moore to produce another spinoff set in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica universe. The spinoff, as announced on October 22, 2010, will unfold as a two-hour pilot that will focus on William "Husker" Adama during the Great Cylon War (as was glimpsed in "BSG: Razor" and the corresponding webisodes). This would place the action between "Caprica" and "BSG". No release date has been announced and it is unknown if the actor who portrayed Husker in the "Razor" webisodes (Nico Cortez) will reprise his role. The pilot could be a backdoor for yet another series in the BSG universe.

Syfy has greenlit the two-hour pilot of Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#262 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Bumping the thread cause I just finished Caprica... and while it was WAY too slow a build and kinda boring at first I'm glad I muddled through it.... it got WAY better at the end.... and in all ironies the best shows were the 5 that never aired cause the show was canceled, I know they stuck that montage in to bridge the gap, but once they FINALLY got the pieces in place it did get interesting enough.... oh well.... irony indeed....

anyone else see the unaired episodes?

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#263 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

I didnt enjoy it as much -- hopefully Blood and Chrome gets grenlit and its different
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#264 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

I didnt enjoy it as much -- hopefully Blood and Chrome gets grenlit and its different

I agree, but did you see the unaired episodes?? I think they kinda GOT IT then but it was too late......

#265 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

And I DID laugh my ass off at the guy who signs the Canucks National Anthem being the guy who sang the Caprican one for the C-Bucks game in the Finale... was a nice hockey touch for me :lol:

(plus seeing the Cylons save the day was bad-ass!)

#266 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

I was rummaging around and I found this on the interwebs this morning......

http://io9.com/57441...w-william-adama

Least they're casting people and from what I saw from Razor I'm very curious to see how they handle this show (and what they learned from the mistakes in going too slow in Caprica :P)

#267 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

adama loks kinda gay...

"not that theres anything wrong wit that"
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#268 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

adama loks kinda gay...

"not that theres anything wrong wit that"

It's hard to judge from a still-pic.....it's a shame they couldn't get the kid who played him in Razor.....I'm just glad they are making steps to this show happening... the taste I got in Razor did make me want more......

#269 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Wow, it's the pre-acne Adama.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#270 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hey it can't be any worse then how they killed him in Caprica, to bring him back by "naming the next son in honor of the one who just died",,,, was crappy re-writing for making the kid so worthless in the first place.....it was maybe the most annoying thing about that series (even more so cause in the re-Caprica preview they admitted that lil Willie was supposed to grow up to be "big Bill" :rant:

#271 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

We just started watching this on Netflicks... Ahhhhhhahahahahahahaha! Richard Hatch just showed up as some prison terrorist! I had a crush on him! My sister loved Starbuck -- who's a chick now? :lol: (I'm sneaking ahead while Rebecca is still in school!)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 22 February 2011 - 03:34 PM.

I'm here for the party

#272 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

lol .. wait til you see Cassiopeia ...

Edited by El Diablo, 22 February 2011 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#273 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

It's funny, I picked up the ORIGINAL on DVD two weeks ago.....I'm having reverse-culture shock :blink:

#274 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

:lol:

I'm here for the party

#275 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

An oh yeah..... one more thing.... Lloyd Bridges as Cain???

Really???..... REALLY????? :blink:

I picked a helluva week to stop sniffing glue :P

#276 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

I finished the series. I'm compulsive! it was like a good book I couldn't put down.

Tyrol is the father of all Canadians! Seriously - he's this hard working loyal guy, who - on a moments notice goes off all insane militant loyal, insane militant self-righteous and the poor guy never gets it right - his trust is ALWAYS misplaced - he's always unwittingly self-loathing even.... he's like a Leaf fan. and you love and forgive him all of it!

So... can anyone guess who my secret crush victim was? not like any of you care :( my husband called it - called who I thought was cute and then who I had the crush on!

What seriously doesn't help is all of his (my husband's) aunts look like Six and the long term girlfriend he was supposed to marry but she was an insane bulimic, looked like Eight. I know Boomer will irritate the hell out of him as he watches (he stopped after the mini series because he needed something cheerier - but he wants to finish the series)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 12 May 2011 - 08:40 AM.

I'm here for the party

#277 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

I finished the series. I'm compulsive! it was like a good book I couldn't put down.

Tyrol is the father of all Canadians! Seriously - he's this hard working loyal guy, who - on a moments notice goes off all insane militant loyal, insane militant self-righteous and the poor guy never gets it right - his trust is ALWAYS misplaced - he's always unwittingly self-loathing even.... he's like a Leaf fan. and you love and forgive him all of it!

So... can anyone guess who my secret crush victim was? not like any of you care :( my husband called it - called who I thought was cute and then who I had the crush on!

What seriously doesn't help is all of his aunts look like Six and the long term girlfriend he was supposed to marry but she was an insane bulimic, looked like Eight. I know Boomer will irritate the hell out of him as he watches (he stopped after the mini series because he needed something cheerier - but he wants to finish the series)

I know this is a different thread but somewhat related:

I like the new Battlestar and Loved ST DS9, but does anyone have a recommendation or thoughts on another old Sci-Fi series called Babylon 5?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#278 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

My dad liked that one but I never saw it.

I cracked up when I saw Nana Visitors on Battlestar. I saw her as the sick chick and thought I KNOW that person who is it... then in her dream on the boat she was all made up and THEN I knew exactly who she was.

HEY! you didn't guess who I had a crush on :rant: I'm the youngest I love that crap and it's all about ME! Come on! Guess!!

I'm here for the party

#279 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

I'm halfway through watching it AGAIN... and I bought the soundtrack CDs.... I think I'm more obsessed :P

I don't do school crushes... can't guess.... sorry!!

I had one theory I figured I'd share here and shake some heads up.....

the voyage of the remade BS-G series, was the 13th Tribe for the ORIGINAL.... all of this has happened before... and all of it will happen again......

It's a little trippy and I've never seen anyone else make the comment.... wonder if anyone else thought that (and a nice lil way to tie the two series together)

#280 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

not sure I thought that - because I have to admit I dont quite understand your theory... but when Adama says "imagine that, humans developing hundreds of light years away, what are the odds...." of course they're leading you to assume these humans are certainly part of the 13 colonies in some shape or form - NOT just there by chance.

I do wish that Baltar had said "well actually considering what we know of the universe the chances are actually -- blahdee blahdee blah" because in actuality I think we've discovered the chances really may not be that remote... I feel like I saw the calculation somewhere recently -- particularly with all the planets that appear to have the capabilities to sustain life as we know it (i.e. bacteria)

Crasher you're no fun.. you of all people should play high school games <_< THIS is why I so rarely humor you <_< only YOUR games are fun -- yeesh...
;)

actually... there.

After re-reading this, I actually felt I hadn't actually used the word actual or words actually rooted in the actual word actual enough actually. So I actually thought I actually should actually use it one more time in actuality.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 12 May 2011 - 08:42 AM.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users