Should the devils Bother showing up?

CaptainRafalski

Holy crap. Anybody watch the NHL network guys? Weekes and that Johnson dude. No answer to Dustin brown. Kings too good. Rangers were tired. Had to play overseas. Wha wha wha. Jesus plays on the third line for kings The rangers are the only team that loses and we have to hear how good they are. It's ridiculous. They are so disappointed that the rags lost. The NHL network should have worked for the press dept of the soviet union

I don't understand why people think the Kings are so much better than everyone. Yeah, they haven't lost a road game, their longest series is 5 games and Quick has been great but they played a fraudulent Vancouver team that is unable to score and has spotty goal-tending. St. Louis, who didn't have Jaro Halak and are a defensive team that doesn't really score either. Phoenix just didn't match up well with LA. I'm not saying LA isn't a great team, because they are, but they aren't the team everyone thinks they are. I believe having not played a long series will hurt LA. Sometimes you need that adversity of a come-from-behind series win to know you can do. This will be a great series, nonetheless.

The thing is... Quick is their most important player and from what i saw and read... Hes their "conn smyth nominee" so far... Means he had to be really good for them to be there...

To me thats encouraging, means other teams could create lots of scoring chances..

Brodeur never really had to be incredible... From time to time yeah but they won with either an average brodeur or an unchallenged brodeur... Means the team was playing real well

Lets go devils !!!! :koolaid:

wow. ESPN is running a poll as to who will win. Kings are the runaway favorite with every state picking the kings except NJ. I am not taking anything away from the Kings who have played really well to get to the finals but I am just amazed that other than NJ the Kings (an 8 seed) is the runaway favorite.

I don't mind, I welcome the Devils being labeled the underdog. They seem to play better when they aren't expected to win. I wouldn't want them to go into this series now with all these expectations from all these "experts". It's been fun when they've won every series so far that they weren't expected to (maybe save the Florida series, that was probably more evenly predicted) because its a big "screw you" to the experts and the media. I hope to do that once again in this series.

The underdog label has been working pretty well for us so far so do not mind.

The west is such candy-ass this year that I said before the playoffs whoever makes it out of the east will win it all. I like the position we are in now.

Let me just bask in the glory until Tuesday and then I will worry about the kings.

The underdog label has been working pretty well for us so far so do not mind.

The west is such candy-ass this year that I said before the playoffs whoever makes it out of the east will win it all. I like the position we are in now.

Let me just bask in the glory until Tuesday and then I will worry about the kings.

Ditto, enjoy the weekend guys. We just knocked out our two most hated rivals and in less than 7 games each time. We are better.

Devils baby!