Official 2012 New York Mets Thread

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Citi today. Weather was great and the Mex Burger at Keith's Grill is still awesome, even if totally overpriced. Anyway, great job by Dickey. After dropping the opener in blowout fashion they rebounded to take the next 3 games.

Edited by nmigliore

Great win by the Mets tonight, solid outing by Gee (ok so it was against a popgun Padres offense but they did get the bats going the other night)

not much about it here though...think there might have been some sort of hockey event?

I hope the Mets keep this up long enough for me to get back into baseball :lol: Can't get too emotionally invested in more than one team at a time.

I don't know how long I should realistically expect the Mets to keep this up...but it really helps when you have 'two' legitimate aces. If only we could get Ike back from his alternate universe and Tejada healthy.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Don't want to pick on Collins, but why bring Acosta into a one-run game? Mets still had a shot, though it was a long one, as Papelbon was coming into the game to close anyway.

Oh well...27-22, can't bitch about that one bit.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but looking ahead at the upcoming schedule, this next stretch could be pretty brutal. This season may sadly take a very ugly turn within the next few weeks.

The good start had us all feeling better about the Mets than we have in a long time, but we know this team is not that good...a -24 run differential is a pretty clear indicator of that. But they have a way of hanging on just when we think the big downturn is coming. A winning season would be a huge accomplishment for this bunch.

If they're still relevant after the next few weeks, I'll give them a ton of credit and then some, but yeah, wouldn't surprise me if they hit a rough patch here. At least they have Santana and Dickey going these next two games...if they can win those, they'll have had a winning homestand.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but looking ahead at the upcoming schedule, this next stretch could be pretty brutal. This season may sadly take a very ugly turn within the next few weeks.

Either that or get us more excited at the end of it if we're still around. At least we should know by the time the SCF ends whether the Mets are still treading water/better or not.

C'mon Johan! ONE MORE!

JOHAN!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

JOHAN!!!!! AMAZING!

Even more amazing because he didn't always have his best stuff tonight. And you know ESPN is going to be re-playing the Beltran "foul ball" over and over.

Hahahaha honestly never thought it would happen. Good for this team. Was there two days ago, just missed it.

Funny thing is I think we'll see more of them now...at the very least, it won't take a Met pitcher 50 years to record another one!

I'm just happy that for the first time in FOREVER....the Mets are going to be the news lead for something positive that happened on the field! No Madoff, not Citi Field is too big, no Reyes bolting for Florida, no chokes, no Castillo drops...finally something good happens on the field!

Never thought I'd see a Mets no-hitter. Congats Johan!! Btw, did anyone see the guy in the Carter jersey sneak into the celebration? Hilarious. As the Mets are celebrating, he's getting tackled by security. Pretty funny.

LOL I didn't even see it until I watched it over again on MLB.com. That was hilarious. He was literally celebrating with the team for a good 10-20 seconds before they got him.

I'm just happy that for the first time in FOREVER....the Mets are going to be the news lead for something positive that happened on the field! No Madoff, not Citi Field is too big, no Reyes bolting for Florida, no chokes, no Castillo drops...finally something good happens on the field!

But of course, being the Mets, there will be two things we'll hear about:

Baxter's injury.

Beltran's "foul ball"

With our team it's always going to be SOMETHING...but it's still an awesome awesome moment, and I'm glad I watched it from Out #1 to Out #27.

Never thought I'd see a Mets no-hitter. Congats Johan!! Btw, did anyone see the guy in the Carter jersey sneak into the celebration? Hilarious. As the Mets are celebrating, he's getting tackled by security. Pretty funny.

I remember thinking "Who the hell is wearing a Carter jersey?" Now I know! lol

But of course, being the Mets, there will be two things we'll hear about:

Baxter's injury.

Beltran's "foul ball"

With our team it's always going to be SOMETHING...but it's still an awesome awesome moment, and I'm glad I watched it from Out #1 to Out #27.

I really hope Baxter is okay, he's been such a nice 4th outfielder. But honestly, fvck the Beltran foul ball. I don't even care. Let the haters hate, this our (and Johan's) night! B ):cheers:

People may dislike him from his hockey announcing, but I LOVE Howie Rose:

http://deadspin.com/5915105/

Edited by nmigliore

Funny thing, re: that Carter guy...had he worn a pure white jersey with a current player's name on it, might he have gone another 30 seconds to a minute without getting snagged?