‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

TGfireandice: Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, said plan for Parise to spend Sunday at his office , "doesn't mean right now" he's definitely going UFA.

Arnott on Parise: "He’ll get in later tonight and we’ll walk through this one more time and see where things stand but he’s always said he’s going to include the Devils whether it’s before we start tomorrow or after.”

If Parise leaves, while it won't be devastating to the franchise, this team needs to find a band-aid to satisfy a (finally) growing fan-base.

Just do what the Caps did and market the hell out of their own Russian superstar. One who is already a left-winger.

Edited by Marv4Life

I usually think the main guys go before the secondary guys. The secondary guys want all the teams that missed out on the big prizes to get in a bidding war to win the secondary prize, rather than leave with nothing.

Yea, I get the feeling really most of the NHL is waiting on Parise and Suter before things start going nuts with signings and trades. I think though some teams won't want to wait or aren't really in the running for big names and the longer Parise takes to make a decision players are gonna get plucked off the UFA market and we could very well get left with much less to work with. I'm thinking noon Monday we'll know what Zach is doing. I just hope thats not too late to go get a secondary guy. And then who knows what Marty is thinking and how long he anticipates waiting.

I hope Lou simply wishes Zach the best of luck and lets him go. Based on everything I am hearing, Parise is acting like a Diva and there is no place for this on the Devils roster. Kovy was highly valued, but never left his home, took his time and made the decision by boiling it down to two teams. If Zach had used a similar approach, I would've said fine, but I feel he has shown his true colors and his heavily influenced by his agents instead of being himself and making his own decisions.

for some reasons i really don't like those quotes... sounds like they are talking but nothing deep in term of contract, could be wrong tho

Parise said earlier this week that the sides were talking. Arnott would not discuss specifics of their discussions.

“Let’s just say there’s always ongoing dialogue with Lou,” Arnott said.

Parise was reportedly scheduled to meet with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello today before flying up to Ontario. Arnott would not comment on that, calling it “private.”

I hope Lou simply wishes Zach the best of luck and lets him go. Based on everything I am hearing, Parise is acting like a Diva and there is no place for this on the Devils roster. Kovy was highly valued, but never left his home, took his time and made the decision by boiling it down to two teams. If Zach had used a similar approach, I would've said fine, but I feel he has shown his true colors and his heavily influenced by his agents instead of being himself and making his own decisions.

Yeah, I get the feeling these a$$holes are leading him around by his nose. It happens to a lot of pro athletes, but I honestly thought Zach wouldn't be the type to allow that to happen. I'm starting to think I was wrong about that. Be your own fvcking man.

for some reasons i really don't like those quotes... sounds like they are talking but nothing deep in term of contract, could be wrong tho

Do you have any familiarity at all with how negotiations proceed with Lou Lamoriello?

Remember when 2 summers ago and there was all that talk from Grossman about the discussions he was having with New Jersey? I don't either.

Doesn't take long to hammer out a deal when both sides want to make one. We've seen that this week.

Do you have any familiarity at all with how negotiations proceed with Lou Lamoriello?

Remember when 2 summers ago and there was all that talk from Grossman about the discussions he was having with New Jersey? I don't either.

Doesn't take long to hammer out a deal when both sides want to make one. We've seen that this week.

what i mean is more like i feel the ownership situation is really THERE in those talks and that its a main concern either from a budget point of view and in Zach's view of the organization. I don't think that numbers havent been thrown around but im starting to wonder if an actual contract has been offered at all so far.

what i mean is more like i feel the ownership situation is really THERE in those talks and that its a main concern either from a budget point of view and in Zach's view of the organization. I don't think that numbers havent been thrown around but im starting to wonder if an actual contract has been offered at all so far.

You have absolutely no idea whether or not that's happened. Nothing in those quotes indicates anything besides the fact that the two sides have talked - a contract could have been offered, or maybe it wasn't offered. We have no clue.

Again, tell me when Grossman told the media that the Devils had offered a contract to Kovalchuk, or commented on negotiations with them.

If the Pens offer is legitimate, I don't see him staying here. I don't want us paying that anyway.

Speaking of... I just saw the salaries on tsn. I don't understand why Gionta would sign that contract. He could of got at least what the other two got... Unless tsn's numbers are wrong.

You have absolutely no idea whether or not that's happened. Nothing in those quotes indicates anything besides the fact that the two sides have talked - a contract could have been offered, or maybe it wasn't offered. We have no clue.

Again, tell me when Grossman told the media that the Devils had offered a contract to Kovalchuk, or commented on negotiations with them.

dude, i know that... i just said that "for some reasons" i didnt like those quotes and had a bad feeling or wtv... take it easy on me bro it was a personal opinion/feeling thats it nothing else, i feel you're still probably irritated about our argumentation about "Lou's way" the other day but it's over now. Hug ?

Speaking of... I just saw the salaries on tsn. I don't understand why Gionta would sign that contract. He could of got at least what the other two got... Unless tsn's numbers are wrong.

the other 2 we're NHL players, Gionta a minor leaguer who got hot at the right time. Great great great playoffs but still a very limited sample to sign a contract

the other 2 we're NHL players, Gionta a minor leaguer who got hot at the right time. Great great great playoffs but still a very limited sample to sign a contract

I understand that but he could definitely go more somewhere else. Someone would have double that for sure.

So how does this work anyway with what Zach is doing tomorrow? He sits in his agent's office and GM's come in one by one with offers? Or do they make phone calls? It sounds pretty stupid. I remember when I read about Richards doing this last year thinking "for Richards? really?" and now its Zach. I'm picturing a line of GM's sitting in a waiting room and then the Penguins show up with Mario, Sid, Malkin, loads of cash and some good pastries to smooth it over.

So how does this work anyway with what Zach is doing tomorrow? He sits in his agent's office and GM's come in one by one with offers? Or do they make phone calls? It sounds pretty stupid. I remember when I read about Richards doing this last year thinking "for Richards? really?" and now its Zach. I'm picturing a line of GM's sitting in a waiting room and then the Penguins show up with Mario, Sid, Malkin, loads of cash and some good pastries to smooth it over.

Phone calls. I doubt these GMs are going to be coming to him.

I think the Wild rumors are more believable than the Pens. I dont see Shero going 10 years/80 on Zach with Malkin and Crosby already having mammoth contracts.

Yeah, its fvcking stupid. But that's how Newport does business with their big clients I guess.

I understand that but he could definitely go more somewhere else. Someone would have double that for sure.

he was captain of the AHL team and had a magical run in NJ. Sometimes its not always about money, he seems like a loyal guy and we can only like him even more now.

Who? Gionta has been available on waivers multiple times. He's been an unrestricted free agent multiple times. He's played 20 decent NHL games and now he's going to make $1M a year? NHL GMs overvalue small samples, but his minor league numbers are totally unimpressive.

It would be real easy for Gionta to sign somewhere else, have a bad training camp, and be buried and never get a shot at the NHL again. It makes sense for him to sign here.

Who? Gionta has been available on waivers multiple times. He's been an unrestricted free agent multiple times. He's played 20 decent NHL games and now he's going to make $1M a year? NHL GMs overvalue small samples, but his minor league numbers are totally unimpressive.

It would be real easy for Gionta to sign somewhere else, have a bad training camp, and be buried and never get a shot at the NHL again. It makes sense for him to sign here.

Why would he care if he had a bad camp after getting paid? He's been riding buses for the last 5 years anyway. It's better to be riding buses a millionaire.

Phone calls. I doubt these GMs are going to be coming to him.

I think the Wild rumors are more believable than the Pens. I dont see Shero going 10 years/80 on Zach with Malkin and Crosby already having mammoth contracts.

Ah ok, that makes more sense. Yea, I don't know about the Pens, I mean they'd be tying up about $25 million in cap space and who knows what in actual $ every year for the foreseeable future for 3 forwards. Not the best plan long term. I'd be shocked if Zach went to Minnesota. Obviously if he does its mostly about money. Yes its close to home but the Wild have very little prospect of being any good for a while and they'll likely throw the most ridiculous contract at him tomorrow.

Why would he care if he had a bad camp after getting paid? He's been riding buses for the last 5 years anyway. It's better to be riding buses a millionaire.

Believe it or not, there are some people out there that don't let money rule their world.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.