GDT: Devils vs. Bruins

Cachorro Louco

Oh please...so now the Devils are just going to keep losing? They'll snap out of it. So much panic around here...

Yeah, this. The Devils are playing almost as well as they were during their winning streak, they're just not getting the bounces. Kovalchuk's shot has gone cold. The referees have stopped calling penalties.

A hot streak is followed by a cold streak. Which team will show up when playoffs roll around.

got to get there first but this is a worry

the kovy to zach goal was what this team needs more of

after that 1st goal ill take a point

Really liked the way the Devils played tonight besides the opening minutes they fought hard!

My question is, is it just me or does it seem like every goaltender that plays us seems to play the best game of their career! It has been very rare this year we catch a goalie who we get some soft ones on! I know it happens but it's very rare!

Let's crush the caps!!!!!!!!!! Kovy or Zach needs a hat trick!"

LET'S GO DEVILS !!!!!

I think there's an argument for both sides here.

- It's highly unlikely that the losing streak will continue, especially with 3 games against the Isles in the next 9 days.

However:

- We are now a .500 team when you take away the skills competition (25-25 in regulation/OT, 10-3 in shootouts). Those extra wins might be masking some real issues.

I think there's an argument for both sides here.

- It's highly unlikely that the losing streak will continue, especially with 3 games against the Isles in the next 9 days.

However:

- We are now a .500 team when you take away the skills competition (25-25 in regulation/OT, 10-3 in shootouts). Those extra wins might be masking some real issues.

veryyyy good point. its like its been in the back of my mind but i don't want to think that there really IS an issue

overall the team busted their asses the 2nd and 3rd. Would have loved to see a full win there but Ill take the 1 point. Tomorrow will be another battle. The loosing streak ends tomorrow.

atta boy. this will not continue. we are playing hard too, good call... we can only hope that its just the fact we're not getting the bounces

We NEEEEEEEEEED to win the next 2 games on this trip or we're in serious trouble.

They probably won't win tomorrow, a rusty Moose or a tired Marty going against a suddenly hot, talented team in a fifth game in just over a week. If you want to panic by all means, you act like the teams chasing us are all going to get hot while we slump.

If this turns into the 2007 Mets then fine, you'll get your wish and there'll be more major changes. But until it gets to a point where we're two ahead of the eighth seed can we please stop overreacting to every little losing streak and assuming it'll snowball or saying they 'need' to win this one and that one when the other teams chasing us are the ones that need to win? The overreaction annoys me more than the losing.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They probably won't win tomorrow, a rusty Moose or a tired Marty going against a suddenly hot, talented team. If you want to panic by all means, you act like the teams chasing us are all going to get hot while we slump.

It's happened before you know. Look at the standings. And the upcoming schedule is NOT pretty. They need a boost and some sort of confidence going into the last month

It's happened before you know. Look at the standings. And the upcoming schedule is NOT pretty. They need a boost and some sort of confidence going into the last month

How many teams have blown a double-digit playoff lead with five weeks to go in the season? Especially when a lot of the teams chasing us have to play each other too, particularly the SE division ones. Florida, Washington and Winnipeg all have negative goal differentials, they're all going to get hot and pass us? Cause that's what it would take, since one of them passing us has zero impact because one has to win the division.

Besides, there's been no real warning signs of a collapse so far. This is only the second four-game losing streak all year and they don't have a penchant for taking games or weeks off the way the 2007 Mets did (the Tampa Bay fiasco excepted, but that'll happen once in a while over a long season). They aren't playing discouraged yet. Yeah we have a ****ty schedule, but so does everyone else, at least in terms of games played in a short period of time.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I read somewhere it was 96% a couple days ago lol...I wonder what it was before the streak started?

I honestly think people look at us being in seventh and assume two teams need to pass us, when in reality it's three cause if the two teams behind us pass us, one of them's gonna inherit the #3 seed anyway. I don't think they're panicking in Ottawa (in a similar position) because the ninth seed is several points behind.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Personaly i just want to make the playoffs for now...

I dont mind this losing streak cause we mostly battled hard and they were tight games that went the other because of crazy lucky bounces or wtv... So we can play against top teams and thats all that matters really, to win those games in the playoffs is what will matter

If Tomorrow is a W, that would be a great boost for the team. We are not in must win games yet, however, one huge concern I have had all season are these 3rd period giveaways. About a week ago in Toronto we let one in late. Quickly we forget about the reoccurring themes of the season. We have had been bailed out in quite a few shootouts. This a theme you do not want in any team, let alone a team trying to make a playoff push.

I read somewhere it was 96% a couple days ago lol...I wonder what it was before the streak started?

I honestly think people look at us being in seventh and assume two teams need to pass us, when in reality it's three cause if the two teams behind us pass us, one of them's gonna inherit the #3 seed anyway. I don't think they're panicking in Ottawa (in a similar position) because the ninth seed is several points behind.

It's at 95.7% now and improved by 0.2 with the OTL point.

They probably won't win tomorrow, a rusty Moose or a tired Marty going against a suddenly hot, talented team in a fifth game in just over a week. If you want to panic by all means, you act like the teams chasing us are all going to get hot while we slump.

If this turns into the 2007 Mets then fine, you'll get your wish and there'll be more major changes. But until it gets to a point where we're two ahead of the eighth seed can we please stop overreacting to every little losing streak and assuming it'll snowball or saying they 'need' to win this one and that one when the other teams chasing us are the ones that need to win? The overreaction annoys me more than the losing.

Yes, thank you, but that's what the Marvs of the board do.

After starting the season 12-12-1, and coming off a slump similar to the one they're in now (4-game losing streak), the Devils went 23-8-3. Marv probably thought they were going to just keep on truckin' at that pace all the way until the end of the season, so when the Devils dare to actually have some kind of a slump (which almost every team does at some point...the Devils have managed to avoid prolonged downturns, as their month-to-month record shows), the Marvs don't know how to handle it. They throw sh!tfits and right away the sky is falling and everything that came before the slump is forgotten, and somehow the losing exposes the Devils for what they really are. And not only is the slump destined to continue, but all the teams chasing them are also all going to go on prolonged winning streaks.

Are the Devils an elite team? Probably not, but I don't think anyone really thought they were. There's teams in the playoffs that are going to present matchup problems for the Devils. They have some weaknesses. But they are extremely likely to make the playoffs, and if they get favorable draws, they could win a round or maybe even two, which is a nice step forward off last season.