#1 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,510 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

@DarrenDreger

"Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!"

Interesting move.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur said on breakup day that he would represent himself in negotiations with Devils, but hinted he'd hire an agent if he went UFA

#3 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

More than anything, I think this is a move to make sure he doesn't get shafted as far as $$ goes, although, hire an agent and they take a cut....so :noclue:
Posted Image

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Very very interesting....he will be signed by us but this gaurantees he will get the money he wants.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

He's not going anywhere.

#6 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

what the fvck is this? as if we needed this

www.SterioDesign.com

#7 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Strange. I hope Lou doesn't break the bank for him, he's not worth it anymore. Where would he go?

I could really only see maybe Boston, maybe Toronto. Other than that.........that's probably it. Chicago? (close to his kids at SSM)

Edited by HellOnICE, 29 June 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

He's gotta feed the monkey.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#9 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#10 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

This isnt looking too good. If the devils cant afford brodeur there is no way we can get zach. Hopefully this is just brodeur using UFA status as a bargaining chip to get a deal done.

#11 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

I think Marty knows he's going through Sunday.. and then he doesn't want to rep himself with teams calling him directly. So he hires agent to field those offers. This of course helps him realize his value for a contract... hopefully from NJ! But even if he signs with NJ I guess this agent now gets his %. Good deal for agent..

Hey Lou always says it - "When time is on your side you use it" --- No Marty is using it. Learned it from watching you, Uncle Lou

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

he's not going anywhere.

the most likely scenario is this:

Marty went to Lou and said he's not taking a paycut from $5.2.

Lou feels that $4MM or so is appropriate for a 40 year old goaltender who needed a strong second half to be an average NHL goaltender with a legacy.

Both Marty and Lou know that he wants to stay and both want that to happen.

Lou tells Marty - go to UFA and find out what your value is and we'll let that shape the market. Of course, if Toronto or Chicago or Tampa wants to give you $5.5MM for one year, we'll have to come somewhere in the middle.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#13 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Let me speculate on this a bit based on nothing but my own imagination if you will. Lou wants Brodeur to take a pay cut, Brodeur wants the same or a slight bump, and thus we are at and impasse. Now is this a bluff or will he entertain the idea of going somewhere? I just don't see many places paying for a 1A the same price we have payed Brodeur the last contract even for a year and even with the name. Maybe he's just going to send feelers out there and see what market value is and come back with that. In the end its kind of like Jeter (hopefully without the same giant overpayment) in that I don't know what his level of play will be but his marketing is with the Devils because they both are synonymous with each other.

#14 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

He gave the Devils his very best for many many years, and has far more wins for one team than anyone else. And as much as I love and appreciate everything he's done, the Devils are going to have to move on eventually. It may not be the worst thing in the world, especially since he'd be leaving on a considerable high.

At any rate, he's a guy who really doesn't owe the Devils or the fans anything more than he's already given us. If he thinks he may want to leave and someone's willing to sign him, no hard feelings whatsoever on my end.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#15 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

SportsnetSpec

"News that Brodeur will test UFA market tells us NJD doesn't have $$ to sign Zach Parise either. Bryce Salvador may also look elsewhere."

ahhhhh come on now look at all the crappy tweets coming out

www.SterioDesign.com

#16 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'd rather us move on. He didn't give us $5M goaltending all season. Far from it. Love the guy, but we have other options to start looking at.

He probably needs the money...MELANIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#17 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

He gave the Devils his very best for many many years, and has far more wins for one team than anyone else. And as much as I love and appreciate everything he's done, the Devils are going to have to move on eventually. It may not be the worst thing in the world, especially since he'd be leaving on a considerable high.

At any rate, he's a guy who really doesn't owe the Devils or the fans anything more than he's already given us. If he thinks he may want to leave and someone's willing to sign him, no hard feelings whatsoever on my end.

Theres unfinished business as far as im concerned. I would not be happy if the year after we almost win the cup, have so much young upcoming talent and a great core of players, he just bails on the team.

#18 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,510 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thing is, there's only one team that can really offer him a starting role, and I can't see him being interested in that team. I mean, I guess Tampa could offer him a starting role, but with what they just went through with Roloson, would they really want to roll the dice again?

I'd be pretty ambivalent about Brodeur leaving, it's not like he has been worth his salary at all the last 2 years. If he thinks he should get paid for all those wins in the past, he's mistaken.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#19 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Theres unfinished business as far as im concerned. I would not be happy if the year after we almost win the cup, have so much young upcoming talent and a great core of players, he just bails on the team.

I honestly do not care either way, Brodeur played average throughtout the entire year and is not worth anywhere near 5 million yes he stepped up his gm in the last 2 rounds but still isnt worth that contract. We have to move on at some point.

I would be estactic if he resigns, he plays for another team it is no big deal.

Edited by Zubie#8, 29 June 2012 - 09:59 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#20 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

SportsnetSpec

"News that Brodeur will test UFA market tells us NJD doesn't have $ to sign Zach Parise either. Bryce Salvador may also look elsewhere."

ahhhhh come on now look at all the crappy tweets coming out

nonsense about the money. the devils will spend $55MM - $65MM in real cash on payroll regardless of their financial position.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users