GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils @ Detroit 7:30PM

ThreeCups

Cory has proven he can be one of the best over an extended period of time. Everyone goes through cold streaks, and he's definitely struggling right now.

It's just ESPECIALLY unfortunate right now because of all the Marty bullsh!t drama. He knows the job isn't his and he's probably unnecessarily nervous as a result.

Bleh. Garbage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You really wanna destroy what's left of his confidence?

And what makes you think a cold 41 year old Brodeur is a better option? Get real.

Yeah I know Cory is a very good goalie, but with all that Brodeur talk, whether or not he'll stay next year, the low-scoring for Cory etc. will CS really stay with us? That's just what I'm concerned about.. He's the goalie that we need, but I'm concerned about him staying long-term.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

Yeah I know Cory is a very good goalie, but with all that Brodeur talk, whether or not he'll stay next year, the low-scoring for Cory etc. will CS really stay with us? That's just what I'm concerned about.. He's the goalie that we need, but I'm concerned about him staying long-term.

Oh I see what you're saying, my bad. I thought you were worried about his ability.

What you're talking about is definitely a concern, and I'm worried right with you there.

If he's going to respond to pressure like this maybe we don't want him long-term.

Once Marty gets back in there and on a hot streak....we ride him to the Cup!  :thumbsup:

Yeah and the tooth fairy's going to leave me a billion dollars.

Oh I see what you're saying, my bad. I thought you were worried about his ability.

What you're talking about is definitely a concern, and I'm worried right with you there.

I mean I think he will, he has an assured number 1 spot, we'll give him  very good $$$ and years, we have a solid defense prospect pool etc. plus he knows we want him here for what he gave up, he's close to home, but still I'm concerned about all that.

Edited by Devs3cups

If he's going to respond to pressure like this maybe we don't want him long-term.

I said it before, he's still unproven as a clear cut #1, 60+ games goaltender. The talent is there, his numbers show he's got elite ability but the Devils absoultely have to get this right with a long term/big money deal.