Looking for Devils Home Jersey

BlizzardCyclone

Im looking for a Devils Home Jersey (prefferably authentic, RBK or previous) and in size XXL, I like my jerseys big. Doesnt matter if it has a name or not. If anyone is selling any, let me know. I have like 4 jerseys, all which are white, except one which is a red XMAS jersey. Let me know. Thanks guys.

Im looking for a Devils Home Jersey (prefferably authentic, RBK or previous) and in size XXL, I like my jerseys big. Doesnt matter if it has a name or not. If anyone is selling any, let me know. I have like 4 jerseys, all which are white, except one which is a red XMAS jersey. Let me know. Thanks guys.

I have an Arnott, that I would part with. It is an authentic, Koho, size 56. If fits me fine, and I am 6'4, 270#. I would sell it for $60.00, plus shipping ($12.00 if in US). It has been worn, at most, 4 times. Unmarked, unstained, mint condition.

Let me know if u r interested.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I have an Arnott, that I would part with. It is an authentic, Koho, size 56. If fits me fine, and I am 6'4, 270#. I would sell it for $60.00, plus shipping ($12.00 if in US). It has been worn, at most, 4 times. Unmarked, unstained, mint condition.

Let me know if u r interested.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Interesting. Any pictures? Id preffer a current Devil, but Id like to at least see what Im purchasing if possible? Im in Jersey so yes, US! lol (Hoboken actually)

PS

Thats your Rasmussen Jersey from Stevens night on ebay isnt it? I think I remember seeing it here a few posts back...

Thanks again.

Interesting. Any pictures? Id preffer a current Devil, but Id like to at least see what Im purchasing if possible? Im in Jersey so yes, US! lol (Hoboken actually)

PS

Thats your Rasmussen Jersey from Stevens night on ebay isnt it? I think I remember seeing it here a few posts back...

Thanks again.

I don't have pics, but can get them within an hour or so. I will post back here as soon as I take them and can load them. Yep.....its my Ras jersey. Still available......hint, hint....lol

Take care, and I will have it up in a short time.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I don't have pics, but can get them within an hour or so. I will post back here as soon as I take them and can load them. Yep.....its my Ras jersey. Still available......hint, hint....lol

Take care, and I will have it up in a short time.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Ok Great! I look forward to seeing this jersey. Are you also located in NJ? Any other jerseys available? Thanks. :koolaid:

post-1054-1231793638_thumb.jpg

post-1054-1231793658_thumb.jpgpost-1054-1231793671_thumb.jpg

Ok Great! I look forward to seeing this jersey. Are you also located in NJ? Any other jerseys available? Thanks. :koolaid:

Here is the Arnott. The only other Non-game worn Devs jersey I have is a replica, white, no name/number.

Have an Islanders Satan authentic, 3rd jersey. Otherwise, all game worn.

Located in KC, Kansas.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Edited by KC Devil

post-1054-1231793638_thumb.jpg

post-1054-1231793658_thumb.jpgpost-1054-1231793671_thumb.jpg

Here is the Arnott. The only other Non-game worn Devs jersey I have is a replica, white, no name/number.

Have an Islanders Satan authentic, 3rd jersey. Otherwise, all game worn.

Located in KC, Kansas.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Which Game Worn do you have, besides Rasmussen ;) PM also sent

Which Game Worn do you have, besides Rasmussen ;) PM also sent

The only other Devs related GW jerseys that I would be looking to sell would be John Madden preseason, Michael Rupp preseason (although, I do have someone with first dibs, if they still want it), Utica Devs #11 (year and player unknown) and a Jordan Parise Lowell Devs.

Yes, on the PM. Please use PayPal at lincolnbraska@msn.com.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I highly recommend Mike Martin as a stand-up guy who has a lot character, integrity, and passion for the Devils. Mike has done deals with me in the past I would suggest him to anyone. He is top notch and sells items for a reasonable price that you may not find elsewhere.

The only other Devs related GW jerseys that I would be looking to sell would be John Madden preseason, Michael Rupp preseason (although, I do have someone with first dibs, if they still want it), Utica Devs #11 (year and player unknown) and a Jordan Parise Lowell Devs.

Yes, on the PM. Please use PayPal at lincolnbraska@msn.com.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Hey Mike,

I definitely still want it...I promise we'll get the deal done sometime this month before I go back to school! The gas and tolls everyday to Philly for my internship are killing me but I'll scrape up the money and get it to you soon. I didn't know you also had a Madden available, very tempting! We'll have to talk off of the forum.

Also, $60 for an authentic Devs jersey is crazy!! What a deal!!

I'm about to send you an email, so I'll talk to you then.

Jordan

The gas and tolls everyday to Philly for my internship are killing me but I'll scrape up the money and get it to you soon.

Get receipts Jordan and deduct them from your taxes next year if you aren't already.

Mike's Prices are FANTASTIC and if anyone "nickle and dimes" him over shipping...sham on them...

I have a few authentic-style Devils jerseys (not replicas) in my closet that I have bought over the years, but I have never bought an actual game-worn jersey. I have a few questions for anyone who doesn't mind answering:

1. Do you ever wear the game-worn Devils jerseys that you buy -- like maybe when you go to a Devils game -- or do you simply collect them and store them or display them?

2. What is the purpose of photo matching?

3. What is MeiGray?

4. What are set 2's?

I have a few authentic-style Devils jerseys (not replicas) in my closet that I have bought over the years, but I have never bought an actual game-worn jersey. I have a few questions for anyone who doesn't mind answering:

1. Do you ever wear the game-worn Devils jerseys that you buy -- like maybe when you go to a Devils game -- or do you simply collect them and store them or display them?

Both! I never wear the real expensive or rare ones, though. A few curious people have asked but not very many which surprises me as i wore my Rupp preseason a few homes games ago and the thing is littered in stick marks compared with some jerseys only the trained collectors eye can spot. I don't display them at home as i don't have a dustproof room, but everything is in one closet for very easy access.

2. What is the purpose of photo matching?

Photomatching allows you to match a mark, hole, board burn, etc. of the jersey you own to the player that's wearing it. For any Meigray jersey, it doesn't prove the authenticity as that is already guaranteed by MeiGray and the Devils, but it's still fun to do anyway. For any non-Meigray jersey, i highly recommend it as a valuable authenticity tool. Photomatching also adds intrinsic value in terms of "that's my jersey!" and the thrill of seeing it. There's a member here with an Oduya sig, that is a match to my Oduya jersey to a black mark on the top of the #29.

I've also photomatched alot of my gloves and a few sticks. It can be time consuming and a frustrating task to match jerseys, gloves and sticks as you need alot of reference material, patience and a keen eye. It is not as easy as it seems!

3. What is MeiGray?

Meigray is a game worn business based in Branchburg, NJ and they have exclusive contracts with NHL teams as well as the AHL, ECHL and various other pro leagues. They are the #1 name in the game worn industry. They are the only dealer to market and sell Devils game worn jerseys.

4. What are set 2's?

Set 2 reffers to the set number of the jersey. The Devils wear 3 sets of home and road jerseys per year.

Edited by SJP20

Both! I never wear the real expensive or rare ones, though. A few curious people have asked but not very many which surprises me as i wore my Rupp preseason a few homes games ago and the thing is littered in stick marks compared with some jerseys only the trained collectors eye can spot. I don't display them at home as i don't have a dustproof room, but everything is in one closet for very easy access.

Photomatching allows you to match a mark, hole, board burn, etc. of the jersey you own to the player that's wearing it. For any Meigray jersey, it doesn't prove the authenticity as that is already guaranteed by MeiGray and the Devils, but it's still fun to do anyway. For any non-Meigray jersey, i highly recommend it as a valuable authenticity tool. Photomatching also adds intrinsic value in terms of "that's my jersey!" and the thrill of seeing it. There's a member here with an Oduya sig, that is a match to my Oduya jersey to a black mark on the top of the #29.

I've also photomatched alot of my gloves and a few sticks. It can be time consuming and a frustrating task to match jerseys, gloves and sticks as you need alot of reference material, patience and a keen eye. It is not as easy as it seems!

Meigray is a game worn business based in Branchburg, NJ and they have exclusive contracts with NHL teams as well as the AHL, ECHL and various other pro leagues. They are the #1 name in the game worn industry. They are the only dealer to market and sell Devils game worn jerseys.

Set 2 reffers to the set number of the jersey. The Devils wear 3 sets of home and road jerseys per year.

May I say, very nicely explained...

95 Crash, it should also be pointed out that this hobby should be viewed more for fun than for an investment. It is very addicting and sweater (jersey) values are whatever someone else is willing to pay for what you have. Some items you might buy no one will want and others people will be 'chomping at the bit' for. There are several collectors on this site in various age ranges, monetary involvement, and directions their personal collection is going.

May I say, very nicely explained...

95 Crash, it should also be pointed out that this hobby should be viewed more for fun than for an investment. It is very addicting and sweater (jersey) values are whatever someone else is willing to pay for what you have. Some items you might buy no one will want and others people will be 'chomping at the bit' for. There are several collectors on this site in various age ranges, monetary involvement, and directions their personal collection is going.

This is a very important point above!

Do not buy them to invest in, especially modern. Too many collectors view this hobby as an investment and it comes back to bite them. There's only a small percentage of modern jerseys and players in which to invest in and even then it's only a small percentage of those jerseys that the player wore that is worthy of investing in. Even still, that is based on how many of a jersey a player wore a year. There's so many elements and factors.

Vintage is truely where the jersey investor puts their $. But msot of us do not have thousands to do that.

Buy them, wear them and be different. Most people forget that a game worn can cost less then a authentic lettered jersey! (I have one for sale in this section cheap!) and you are wearing something very few know about even exists, a piece of Devils history and a unique collectible. I know when i go to a game, i get tired of seeing a sea of Brodeur, Parise, Elias, Gionta, Stevens, Langenbrunner and Daneyko jerseys.

The collectors on this site such as myself, Chorske, KC, JWomp and 3CUPS are part of a hobby that we are privledged and fortunate to know alot of inside information about what goes on in terms of the jerseys that 99% of fans have no idea about even happens or happened, such as the RBK Edge jerseys form concept, flaws and changes.

For example, when the Rangers hemmed up their jerseys last year? It was Avery's idea.

Thanks, unknown poster and Chorske17, for explaining everything. This does seem like an expensive hobby. And me personally, I like to wear my jerseys to games. I can't imagine shelling out a few hundred bucks on these jerseys and then just keeping them hidden away in a closet or storage box. Unless, I guess, a particular jersey is worth close to a thousand dollars or more , or something like that. Also, I guess, many of these players' jerseys are sized smaller than what I would wear, about a size 54. I noticed that at least some of the game-worns I've seen listed on eBay don't list the size. Does that mean most people wouldn't be buying them to wear?

And if I read your last post correctly, you are saying I can get a game-worn for cheaper than an authentic that I had custom made. Is that right?

EDIT: I prefer the old-style jerseys -- as opposed to the RBKs.

Edited by 95Crash

Thanks, unknown poster and Chorske17, for explaining everything. This does seem like an expensive hobby. And me personally, I like to wear my jerseys to games. I can't imagine shelling out a few hundred bucks on these jerseys and then just keeping them hidden away in a closet or storage box. Unless, I guess, a particular jersey is worth close to a thousand dollars or more , or something like that. Also, I guess, many of these players' jerseys are sized smaller than what I would wear, about a size 54. I noticed that at least some of the game-worns I've seen listed on eBay don't list the size. Does that mean most people wouldn't be buying them to wear?

And if I read your last post correctly, you are saying I can get a game-worn for cheaper than an authentic that I had custom made. Is that right?

Hi Crash,

You're welcome! You'll find that us game worn guys are pretty helpful to anyone with questions as anything that spreads the hobby is a good thing.

Most don't list the size probably out of just overlooking it as a small detail.

Yes, you can buy a game worn for less then a lettered/#'d authentic. Of course, you can't buy a Brodeur, Elias, Gionta, Parise, etc. game worn for less then an authentic. For instance, i have one currently available for sale a few threads down that is practically a giveaway price cheaper then an authentic RBK or CCM jersey retail price. In the past, i've bought preseason game worns, Game issued (made for the player but not used) and training camp jersyes for $150!

Hi Crash,

You're welcome! You'll find that us game worn guys are pretty helpful to anyone with questions as anything that spreads the hobby is a good thing.

Yes, you can buy a game worn for less then a lettered/#'d authentic. Of course, you can't buy a Brodeur, Elias, Gionta, Parise, etc. game worn for less then an authentic. For instance, i have one currently available for sale a few threads down that is practically a giveaway price cheaper then an authentic RBK or CCM jersey retail price. In the past, i've bought preseason game worns, Game issued (made for the player but not used) and training camp jersyes for $150!

There are a ton of options and just like the housing market... NOW is the time to buy. If you have $300.00-$500.00 you can get a pretty decent player with unique stick marks, an LOA that stands behind the sweater's authenticity and CAME directly from the team (if you buy from MeiGray or buy a MeiGray sweater second-hand). There is a unique game tag sewn into the hem (BEFORE it is ever worn) that has an individual number that verifies this authenticity. I see the RBK Edge goes for about $350-450-ish with name and number and that is just wrong.

Players I KNOW who have worn a size 54 in the PRE-Edge system sizing are: Parise, Bergfors, Madden, Greene, Elias, Tom Chorske, Kirk Muller, Alexandre Semak and Stephane Richer. Colin White is a 58 along with Salvador. Langenbrunner wears a 56 along with Paul Martin, Bobby Holik, Grant Marshall, Ken Daneyko, and Tommy Albelin. Brodeur is a 58 goalie cut or 60 goalie cut. Although I have listed sizes, they are not set in stone... SOME player choose to have a sweater (jersey) made smaller or larger for a year or for certain pads, injuries, or specialized equipment.

If you decide to get involved in the hobby go slow and buy one small item and see how you like it. Then go from there. My first purchase cost me $150 or so shipped and was a Tom Chorske Utica Devils sweater. The infection of wanting more came the moment I got it in the mail. But most of all, be happy and enjoy it. Know you may not get back what you put into it and collect because you want to not because of what it MIGHT be worth in the future.

My first purchase cost me $150 or so shipped and was a Tom Chorske Utica Devils sweater. The infection of wanting more came the moment I got it in the mail. But most of all, be happy and enjoy it. Know you may not get back what you put into it and collect because you want to not because of what it MIGHT be worth in the future.

Wow, that only cost you $150? I'll give you $200 for it! :whistling:

Seriously though, I would love to have a red and black Utica jersey but haven't seen any for sale (the newer style, not the red/green/white ones).

Yes, you can definitely get a game worn jersey for less than an authentic. My Tommy Albelin game worn pre-season jersey only cost me $100! I don't really have the money to spend more than $200-$300 on a jersey, so most of the jerseys in my collection all were cheaper than an authentic jersey would cost. Other cheap jerseys I've picked up have been my Brylin ($250), Rasmussen ($250), Stephen Gionta ($250). It's hard for me to spend more than that on jerseys but I still have managed to put together a nice collection (unless you go comparing it to unknown poster's or Chorske's!)

Like unknown poster said, if you're interested, there's a few jerseys for sale on the forum now if you browse around in the marketplace section. An authentic from NHL.com would cost you $379.99, and there are plenty of game worns to be had for less than that.

Interesting side note...growing up, I loved to collect game worn jersey and game used stick hockey cards. I had NO idea you could have the actual whole thing. I thought I was limited to the little pieces you'd get on cards, and I was pretty excited just about that. When I stumbled on the MeiGray site one day, I was in shock to see that any regular person could buy a game worn jersey. I held off for a while, because the MeiGray prices are a little higher (2x) what you can expect to pay from a third party or collector on the open market. Eventually, a jersey came up on eBay that I wanted and I wasn't sure if I should spend the money on it or not. My justification to myself was that if I wanted that jersey UN-worn, it would cost me more to order it new than it would worn by the actual player, and to me, who would want a customized authentic when you could have the real thing that was worn on the ice?

Sorry for the rambling post...

Yes, you can definitely get a game worn jersey for less than an authentic. My Tommy Albelin game worn pre-season jersey only cost me $100! I don't really have the money to spend more than $200-$300 on a jersey, so most of the jerseys in my collection all were cheaper than an authentic jersey would cost. Other cheap jerseys I've picked up have been my Brylin ($250), Rasmussen ($250), Stephen Gionta ($250). It's hard for me to spend more than that on jerseys but I still have managed to put together a nice collection (unless you go comparing it to unknown poster's or Chorske's!)

Like unknown poster said, if you're interested, there's a few jerseys for sale on the forum now if you browse around in the marketplace section. An authentic from NHL.com would cost you $379.99, and there are plenty of game worns to be had for less than that.

Interesting side note...growing up, I loved to collect game worn jersey and game used stick hockey cards. I had NO idea you could have the actual whole thing. I thought I was limited to the little pieces you'd get on cards, and I was pretty excited just about that. When I stumbled on the MeiGray site one day, I was in shock to see that any regular person could buy a game worn jersey. I held off for a while, because the MeiGray prices are a little higher (2x) what you can expect to pay from a third party or collector on the open market. Eventually, a jersey came up on eBay that I wanted and I wasn't sure if I should spend the money on it or not. My justification to myself was that if I wanted that jersey UN-worn, it would cost me more to order it new than it would worn by the actual player, and to me, who would want a customized authentic when you could have the real thing that was worn on the ice?

Sorry for the rambling post...

Thanks for the nice words JWomp, but seriously I think everyone's collection is just as nice as someone else's. Whether you collection Martin Brodeur or Martin Lapointe it is just as special and as long as you are happy with it is all that matters.

Hi Crash,

Another idea is to go into the hobby with a partner. I know I am in a different situation than most because I have a twin brother, and we are pretty much into the exact same stuff. So instead of a jersey being $500 it costs us each $250. Maybe you have a cousin, brother, or friend who is willing to go into the hobby with you. You should also check ebay all the time, everyday, just in case you find that diamond in the rough.

Another idea is to go into the hobby with a partner. I know I am in a different situation than most because I have a twin brother, and we are pretty much into the exact same stuff. So instead of a jersey being $500 it costs us each $250. Maybe you have a cousin, brother, or friend who is willing to go into the hobby with you. You should also check ebay all the time, everyday, just in case you find that diamond in the rough.

I'd go in with you on a Brodeur if you want to share 1/2 the year! Seriously...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.