Devils could part with Zajac if Kovalchuk stays

msweet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Parise, Zajac, Zubi, Langie, or Elias go in order to keep Kovie, I am going to personally send a letter to Lou telling him how disappointed I am in him.

They brought Kovie in last season expecting him to be the MVP in half a season, that didnt happen. Now with all of the hub bub that is going on with him, I say let it go. He is not worth it, no matter how good he is, hes one player, why get rid of 2-3 great players for one fantastic player?

LET IT GO LOU! LET IT GO!!!!

Zajac is far from over rated. Zajac would be the same player on any team not just playing with Parise. Just happens that parise and zajac have great chemistry together with the Devils . Zajac is not as good as Parise but Zajac is his own player and a very good smart 2 way center. He is good defensively as well as creating plays in the offensive zone. I have seen him go to the net and score those types of goals as well. Zajac is far from over rated. Good player we should have for a long time.

zajac MAY be overrated around here (i doubt it), but he is criminally underrated throughout the league. if he played for a major market team he'd already be a Selke Trophy contender.

Yeah, if Parise were with him on that team, too. Doubt it otherwise

Zajac is far from over rated. Zajac would be the same player on any team not just playing with Parise. Just happens that parise and zajac have great chemistry together with the Devils . Zajac is not as good as Parise but Zajac is his own player and a very good smart 2 way center. He is good defensively as well as creating plays in the offensive zone. I have seen him go to the net and score those types of goals as well. Zajac is far from over rated. Good player we should have for a long time.

Im not saying hes not a decent player, but hes been a main culprit in the postseason disasters the past 3 years, and an underachiever during the regular season. He can be doing loads better playing with Parise.

Zajac has been unimpressive when Parise is taken off his wing, but he's still far from being overrated. The guy is stupid good defensively, has improved his game along the boards by leaps and bounds, has a very good shot (that he doesn't use frequently enough) and plays very well and very smart with the puck. He's also improved greatly in the faceoff circle, going from a 46.9% guy in his rookie year to a guy who won 53.1% and 52.9% in the past two seasons, respectively (for comparison's sake, our old go-to guy Johnny Madden won 51.6% and 53.0% in those same two seasons).

He won't skate like the wind or dazzle anyone with his moves, but he's very, very good all-around.

Zajac has been unimpressive when Parise is taken off his wing, but he's still far from being overrated. The guy is stupid good defensively, has improved his game along the boards by leaps and bounds, has a very good shot (that he doesn't use frequently enough) and plays very well and very smart with the puck. He's also improved greatly in the faceoff circle, going from a 46.9% guy in his rookie year to a guy who won 53.1% and 52.9% in the past two seasons, respectively (for comparison's sake, our old go-to guy Johnny Madden won 51.6% and 53.0% in those same two seasons).

He won't skate like the wind or dazzle anyone with his moves, but he's very, very good all-around.

He actually is a very good skater and very underrated in that department. Everything you say is pretty much true: He is a Selke caliber player and is very smart with the puck. I have already posted that Zajac is nowhere near expendable in this thread so let me now list my probs with him: Although he has improved I still don't like him in the face-off circle - percentage wise he is improving, but all last year he kept losing face-offs when it mattered. I remember turning to the person sitting next to me multiple times and asking if it were possible for Zajac to lose another important faceoff. I guess the reaal issue I have with Zajac is that he can be a bit soft sometimes - especially for a center - specifically in the face-off circle and in front of the net. He's gotta start taking less sh!t if he wants to be our no.1 for a long time.