The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Wow did not see this coming. What an exciting day that again does not include NJ

Yes, why can't we have exciting trades for deadline deals for guys like:

Doug Gilmour

Phil Housley

Dave Ellett

Deron Quint

Bob Corkum

Sean O'Donnell

Richard Smehlik

Viktor Kozlov

Ken Klee

Brad Lukowich

Niclas Havelid

Martin Skoula

David Steckel

Alexei Ponikarovsky

Matt D'Agostini

Steven Sullivan

A lot more misses than hits.  Be careful what you wish for.

so what does the goaltending look like in vancouver now? what was the urgency in trading cory over the summer? i still don't get how they went from lu wanting out to shipping schneider to us to NOW having luongo haul ass to florida. it just seems so ass backwards to me.

so what does the goaltending look like in vancouver now? what was the urgency in trading cory over the summer? i still don't get how they went from lu wanting out to shipping schneider to us to NOW having luongo haul ass to florida. it just seems so ass backwards to me.

it's lack/markstrom.  They had to get rid of one of those guys and they sold the guy who had the much larger trade value.  Now they dealt Luongo because he wanted out and they're cutting salary, plus Eddie Lack might be as good these days.

it's lack/markstrom. They had to get rid of one of those guys and they sold the guy who had the much larger trade value. Now they dealt Luongo because he wanted out and they're cutting salary, plus Eddie Lack might be as good these days.

Another reason for Lou to make sure he locks up Schneider this summer, because I'm sure Vancouver would love to rectify their colossal screw-up.

Lack has worked very hard but he's not as physically gifted. I'm intrigued to see how he does. Markstrom hasn't really made the next step but Matthias is a nice pickup. I think Kesler is a goner tomorrow and despite what Gillis says I think Edler is next in line. He and Torts clearly hate each other.

Lol Vancouver traded away two great goalies in less than 10 months. Luongo is now the future of FLA and Schneider of NJ! Let's hope Lack is the real deal for them.

Luongo is over 30 years of age, so I don't see the guy being "the future" of FLA.  Schneider is a huge question mark for the Devils.  He doesn't appear to be a "game-stealing" type of goalie, and besides, he is UFA next year.

Another reason for Lou to make sure he locks up Schneider this summer, because I'm sure Vancouver would love to rectify their colossal screw-up.

No I think VAN truly is going with the cheaper youthful options for a couple years.

Markstrom is a bit over rated by some. Florida didn't like him and he hasn't proven anything yet. Maybe he will play better in Vancouver. Good for the sunshine state though.

And Schneider has stolen us plenty of games, that's a stupid remark.

Edited by CarterforPresident

I don't think Schneider had a ton of interest in staying in Vancouver long-term, and I doubt he has much interest in going there now that they are apparently selling.

Luongo is over 30 years of age, so I don't see the guy being "the future" of FLA. Schneider is a huge question mark for the Devils. He doesn't appear to be a "game-stealing" type of goalie, and besides, he is UFA next year.

30 isn't old for a goalie. They'll get at least 5 good years out of him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

30 isn't old for a goalie. They'll get at least 5 good years out of him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not likely and not with the style he plays.

Luongo is 35. He's much closer to the end and it'll be in another couple yrs only when he probably can't even assume beyond a 50/50 split. He's had some more frequent injuries the last year or two.

So months ago Mike Gillis turned down an offer for Kadri, Bozak and a first round pick (which was pretty low since it was the Leafs pick) for Luongo... then months later all they got was a 9th overall pick (Bo Harvat) Markstrom & Matthias for Luongo AND Schneider... lolz

Luongo is over 30 years of age, so I don't see the guy being "the future" of FLA.  Schneider is a huge question mark for the Devils.  He doesn't appear to be a "game-stealing" type of goalie, and besides, he is UFA next year.

What I meant to say is that Luongo will be the number 1 goalie in FLA for the years to come, unless they manage to trade him in a couple of years, which I really doubt.They could always buyout his contrac. And as for Schneider, I truly believe LL wouldn't have traded a top 10 pick for him if he wasn't pretty much sure he would be able sign him up long-term. With an assured number 1 spot, good $, good years, a good defense in front of him in the next couple of years, and a competitive team for the playoffs pretty much every year, I believe Schneider will sign longterm in NJ. But hey, what do I know? I'm pretty sure that's going to happen, but we'll see this summer or the summer after that.

Edited by Devs3cups