-Phillies over Brewers 3-1.

-Cubs over Dodgers 3-1.

ALCS

-Angels over Rays 4-2.

NLCS

-Cubs over Phillies 4-2.

WORLD SERIES

-Cubs over Angels 4-3.

Im cheering for the Cubs in the playoffs.. I watched that movie "Wait Til Next Year" . I feel for some of those Cub fans, especially the older ones that might not have long to see a World Series victory from their favorite team, in their ENTIRE life no World Series title. I hope they get it this year.

Edited by nmigliore

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see the White Sox get in tomorrow by beating the Twins in the one game playoff winner takes the AL Central Division.

Angels vs. Cubs WS and think the Angels will win the WS. If not the Angels it could very well be Tampa Bay or hopefully the White Sox. I would like to see a new team like Tampa Bay win the WS this year.

No thanks Phillies, Brewers or Cubs. :puke:

I cant wait until the post-season starts tomorrow.. last year i didn't watch ANY of it because it was so tough to get over the collapse..

I guess this coming offseason should hold alot of promise and the opening of CitiField soon

Tomorrow:

NLDS Game 1 - Brewers (Gallardo, 0-0) @ Phillies (Hamels, 0-0) - 3pm ET, TBS

NLDS Game 1 - Dodgers (Lowe, 0-0) @ Cubs (Dempster, 0-0) - 6:30pm ET, TBS

ALDS Game 1 - Red Sox (Lester, 0-0) @ Angels (Lackey, 0-0) - 10pm ET, TBS

Heres what I think..

ALDS

-Angels over Red Sox 3-1.

-Twins over Rays. 3-0

NLDS

-Brewers over Phillies 3-2.

-Cubs over Dodgers 3-0.

ALCS

-Angels over Twins 4-0.

NLCS

-Cubs over Brewers 4-3.

WORLD SERIES

-Angels over Cubs 4-2.

I would like to see the cubbies win but sadly the Angels will win it all AGAIN! I really hate that team. <_<

Predictions:

Boston over Anaheim in 5

Tampa over whoever in 4

Boston over Tampa in 6

Brewers over Philadelphia in 4

LA Dodgers over Chicago in 5

LA Dodgers over Milwakee in 6

Boston over LA Dodgers in 5

Ho hum

Wow thats alot of praise for the Dodgers!

I wouldn't mind seeing the dodgers go to the WS though, just to laugh about the whole Torre-Yankee thing

Edited by nmigliore

Wow thats alot of praise for the Dodgers!

I wouldn't mind seeing the dodgers go to the WS though, just to laugh about the whole Torre-Yankee thing

As a Yankee fan Ill root for Torre...I'm not jealous his team made the playoffs in a horrible division....

Red $ox will win it again unfortunately

Phillies (Hamels) vs Brewers (Gallardo) - 3pm ET on TBS

-I wouldn't say this is totally one-sided, but Gallardo cannot be expected to toss more than 6-7 innings.. Im not a fan of MIL thrusting Gallardo out there, but its all they got. And after Gallardo tosses 5-6 innings, the crappy MIL bullpen will come in and make things worse.. Hamels can sometimes be a crap shoot.. But im expecting a good all around performance vs the free-swinging Brewer club. Rating: **1/2

My pick for Game 1: Phillies Win.

Cubs (Dempster) vs Dodgers (Lowe) - 6:30pm ET on TBS (following the MIL @ PHI game)

-Wow. This is gonna be an awesome game to watch. Lowe finished the year off very strongly while Dempster is almost unbeatable at Wrigley. Should be a very interesting Game 1.. Dodgers can gain a huge upper-hand if they win this one.. and they certainly have a chance.. Im expecting a pitcher's duel tonight, and Im expecting the Cubs offense to just get enough to win. Rating: ****1/2

My pick for Game 1: Cubs win.

Angels (Lackey) vs Redsox (Lester) - 10pm ET on TBS (following LAD @ CHC game)

-Should be another stellar game. Im not a fan of tossing Lester in the fire of Game 1. Lester is also has struggled on the road; hes 5-5 with a 4.09 ERA (opposed to a stellar 11-1, 2.49 ERA at home).. Im expecting a decent performance from Lackey, but i think the bats will get to the young Lester.. Rating: ***

My pick for Game 1: Angels win.

Shocked the Cubs and Dempster lost last night 7-2 to the Dodgers in Game 1. Almost everyone had the Cubs in a sweep, but now it maybe a series. Cubs in 4 or 5 games now. That GS HR killed them yesterday. The rest of the Dodgers starting pitching is suspect in this series now. Cubs should win it now. Lowe was the Dodgers best pitcher in this series with Penny still injured and out I think of this series.

Phillies (Myers) vs Brewers (Sabathia), PHI leads series 1-0

-Should be a good game.. Myers has been way too up and down all year, personally if I were a Philly fan I rather have Moyer facing C.C., but they feel confident in Myers, who is very strong if hes 'on'. But if hes 'off' it might be messy. Im expecting Sabathia to pitch a good ball game, probably 7+ innings allowing 2-3 runs. If Myers is 'on' the Phils will win, but if hes 'off' they dont stand a chance.. Rating: ***

My pick: Brewers

Cubs (Zambrano) vs Dodgers (Billingsley), LAD leads series 1-0

-Should be another good one! The Cubs looked awful last night, much like the Wrigley crowd just waiting for something to go wrong.. Dempster's bad control hurt him eventually and he gave up a Grand Slam to James Loney that pretty much killed the Cubs.. I think if the Dodgers can get on the board quickly (or first) and get to a nice 2-3 run cushion, they probably will win. Zambrano is a risky guy to throw out there, kinda similar to Myers with being 'on' or 'off' but you have more of a chance of him pitching a good game. Hes been strong at Wrigley with a 7-2 record. Billingsley was probably the best pitcher for the Dodgers and I love how Torre went with a veteran in Lowe for game 1, and now sends out his top gun for game 2. Should be a great game.. Rating: ****

My pick: Dodgers

I think it is clear as day right now: Manny Ramirez is the best hitter in baseball and it is not even close. Especially come this time of year. What a presence he creates in that lineup and did you see what he did with that bad pitch? Boom into the seats...now all of the sudden Manny is legging out balls to get infield base hits? Wow...and see what Ortiz's BA is AFTER Manny left.

I may not like his personality, but watching him hit, all you can say is wow.

This has to be fatigue for Sabathia. I can't argue with the Brewers sending him out tonight, though, if I were a Crew fan. Going with your best lefty (hell, pitcher PERIOD) in the bandbox against Howard, Rollins and to a lesser extent Utley is good strategy. Especially since it would save Sheets for the first home game and allow CC to pitch in a game 5.

Can't say I'm dissapointed it didn't work out, though. :boogie:

I think it is clear as day right now: Manny Ramirez is the best hitter in baseball and it is not even close. Especially come this time of year. What a presence he creates in that lineup and did you see what he did with that bad pitch? Boom into the seats...now all of the sudden Manny is legging out balls to get infield base hits? Wow...and see what Ortiz's BA is AFTER Manny left.

I may not like his personality, but watching him hit, all you can say is wow.

He is amazing when he decides to play.

Huge game coming up between LAD @ CHC.. If the Cubs lose this one, they are in very very deep trouble going to LA. I still think Billingsley is gonna outduel Zambrano.

Im feeling 3-4 runs off of Big-Z in 6+ innings, and 1-2 runs off of Billingsley in 7 innings.

Cubs just falling apart here in Game 2. Four of the five runs scored were unearned on two errors in the 3rd inning and now more errors in the 4th inning. Wow. Not Zambrano's fault and his team needs to score some runs for him. Just have a feeling the Dodgers are going to the WS in the NL. Torre to just rub it in on the Yankees even more for letting him go. 5-0 Dodgers bot 4th.