GDT: ECF Game 5 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

If we get out of the 2nd with a lead then I think we win the game and probably the series.... But this is killing me. That ricochet around Marty was silly crazy lucky.

Not unless we get a fourth goal. I think IF we get the fourth goal the game will stabilize again, but if it gets to 3-3, forget it.

Well clearly this is the game Marty's going to have to win in the series...not a 1-0 or 2-1 game as we were saying earlier. Marty's about the only one that looks poised out there, well him and Zubrus. Our offensive 'stars' don't even look like they're alive. Our fourth line's had our best chances, but they also got hemmed in the zone by the Rangers' fourth line early in the second.

Well, everyone here has been asking why we never win a game when we have been dominated, outworked, or outshot. Tonight might be one of those rare times when the Devs only play part of one period and still win..... Keeping my fingers crossed at the end of two.

Now let's see if anything says I've brought bad juju tonight. What is juju anyway? Is it some dude named Ju's twin? And why is the twin so bad? Is he an evil twin or something?

Well clearly this is the game Marty's going to have to win in the series...not a 1-0 or 2-1 game as we were saying earlier. Marty's about the only one that looks poised out there, well him and Zubrus. Our offensive 'stars' don't even look like they're alive. Our fourth line's had our best chances, but they also got hemmed in the zone by the Rangers' fourth line early in the second.

This is true - they definitely became complacent after the 3-0 outburst. I'm nervous as hell for this 3rd period :evilcry:

Well, everyone here has been asking why we never win a game when we have been dominated, outworked, or outshot. Tonight might be one of those rare times when the Devs only play part of one period and still win..... Keeping my fingers crossed at the end of two.

They'd better or I'll be convinced more than ever it's the Rangers' year. After four games, I was wondering how they ever got to the Conference Finals. After two periods tonight, I'm wondering how we ever got there.

Dear Devils,

Ever since 1994, I've wanted revenge on the Rangers. For 18 long years, we've had to endure video that grinning dooshbucket Messier lifting the Cup along with all the dirty hits he laid on our former players over the years, then we've had to endure that other dikhead Avery, and them knocking us out of the playoffs a few years ago in our new building, not to mention the constant jeering of their loudmouth a-hole arrogant fans throughout the years. Please Devils...please win this game.. bring the series back to NJ up 3-2 and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals one last time for Marty and win it all. But... it all starts by winning this game.

C'mon boys! hang tough.. shut them out this third period and drive the nail into their coffin on Friday night in front of thousands of die-hard and joyful Devils fans.

Thank you.

Edited by slasher72