349 replies to this topic

#301 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Is Zidlicky the best trade deadline (or there abouts) pickup in devs history? We've had some big ones, but zidlicky has been absolutely huge.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#302 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Devils win a weird one to pull even with the Rangers in Eastern Conference final

The door was stuck. Unbelievable. Despite the stuff that always happens in the din and dim of Madison Square Garden, the World's Most Famous Arena for profane fans and bad lighting, this was weird.

Not that Tortorella would talk about it. "No" was all the caustic, condescending coach would say when asked if he would talk about his decision. It was another short, silly news conference. Apparently he feels everyone is accountable but him.

I guess this guy is not a ranger fan

#303 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

oh well. sens and caps fans were happy after game 2, so not worried. They'll split the next two, and the Rangers will take 5 and 6.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#304 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

oh well. sens and caps fans were happy after game 2, so not worried. They'll split the next two, and the Rangers will take 5 and 6.

whatever Nostradamus

#305 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

If NJ keeps pressuring the NYR the way they have in the first two games, the Rangers will really show the effects of playing 14 games in the first two rounds, as well as the effects of taking all those pucks to the body.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#306 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

www.outsidethegarden.com

go post there

Edited by Satans Hockey, 17 May 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#307 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

According to your logic (by using the last round as a basis), there's as much a chance of a split as there is a chance that the Devils win the next 3 games straight?

#308 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Is Zidlicky the best trade deadline (or there abouts) pickup in devs history? We've had some big ones, but zidlicky has been absolutely huge.

From an offensive perspective, certainly. He's taken a little of the pressure off Kovy on the left point/half wall. However, defensively he's a liability. He chokes up the puck at the blue line a good amount of times per game, not to mention that he can't clear the puck (unless he takes a delay of game penalty...lol) out of the zone.

Better than Foster or Harrold though, I'll give you that.

#309 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

One more epic GIF from tonight ...

Posted Image

any way I can post this gif on my facebook? I need it !!
Posted Image

#310 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

any way I can post this gif on my facebook? I need it !!

Is that Dominik Hasek or Martin Brodeur? Ridiculous save.

#311 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

found the video on NHL.com now its on my wall forever and ever and ever.. well done Marty..
Posted Image

#312 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Looks like goalie by committee didn't go well for you tonight Matteau. I guess your offensive superstars like Hagelin and Richards are going to have to step up.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#313 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Devils spent so much time in the Rangers end that they were asking how the schools were and what the parking situation's like.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#314 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

"IT SUCKS!"
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#315 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,008 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Devils spent so much time in the Rangers end that they were asking how the schools were and what the parking situation's like.

The Devils should start paying rent, looks like MSG could use a little more money for ice and stuff...

#316 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

And Flyers fans were estatic after game 1 of our last series and said exactly the same thing after we beat them in game 2. We all know how that turned out.

Great effort for most of the game last night from the Devils. Every game in this series is going to be a nail biter. As Kovy said in his postgame interview, hopefully Clarkson gets 7 more GWG's this playoffs. Can't wait for Saturday.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 17 May 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image

#317 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

hmmm. alex mogilny sheds a single tear.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#318 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

"IT SUCKS!"

That reminds me of this!!

Someone with skill needs to put Tortarellas head on it and change his quote to "it sucked".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMOKmp0uZc

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#319 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

That reminds me of this!!

Someone with skill needs to put Tortarellas head on it and change his quote to "it sucked".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMOKmp0uZc

lol ask people on HFboards, they seem to have tons of people who specialize in shops and gifs.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#320 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,284 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

According to your logic (by using the last round as a basis), there's as much a chance of a split as there is a chance that the Devils win the next 3 games straight?

Matteau clearly doesn't think the Devils can win the series, which is fine...I'm sure other Ranger fans feel the same. Letting us know that over and over again on a Devils website will either blow up in his face or give him serious bragging rights when this series ends. It's not my thing to go on opposing teams' websites to tell them my team is going to beat theirs, or to beat my chest if that happens, but to each their own.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users