Vanderbeek misses interest payment per Kosman

trailblazer

Apparently Doug MacLean, Kypreos, and Darren Millard were ripping the Devils on radio up in Toronto today. Because of this story. More lies. More false information. MacLean was apprently bagging on the attendance and claimed he knows people who claim the Devils books are "frightening". This is becoming slanderous now. The Devils sell out every game except 2, but you still have this sh!t being peddled by the garbage NY media and certain ignorant parts of the Canadian media. It misinforms the public, and it creates the narrative and perception that's been out there about this organization for years. The media will just not allow this franchise to escape the labels that were placed on it years ago: that they're boring, and that they have no fans. Neither could be further from the truth, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your hate ya fvcking a$$holes.

There's a reason why Doug MacLean is now a talking head - because he couldn't cut it as a GM.  

Don't really care, it separates the wheat from the chaff.  Anyone who thinks this stuff is true is ill-informed.

I think they don't sue them because in a twisted way, it helps their business internally.    But this guy is a clown, he's tweeting "prospective buyers" in order to get comments for his "stories".

Obviously they're in a financial world of sh!t, but reporting the truth,which hasn't really changed from the initial report.... which was scooped here a couple of months earlier than Kosman got it out... that's kind of boring.

I had a laugh last night reading the comments on TSN after they picked up on this story. All the usual stereotypes about Newark, the Devils are boring, etc. I suppose the Devils long term lease, tv contract, and playing in the NYC metro area doesn't mean anything to some people. :P

Kosman's track record is borderlining on actual slander against the organization. I think he could be sued for the amount of incorrect alarmist stories he's written about the Devils in the past. I'm taking this with an extremely tiny grain of salt.

The problem with a lawsuit is that Vanderbeek would be forced to sit in a deposition and answer questions about the Devils' and his own finances.  Believe me, it's not an appealing scenario even if you think you're right.

The problem with a lawsuit is that Vanderbeek would be forced to sit in a deposition and answer questions about the Devils' and his own finances.  Believe me, it's not an appealing scenario even if you think you're right.

Interesting... Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Essentially, if they have a good lawyer (which I'm sure The Post does), you open yourself up to more bad press and transparency than a few untruthful news articles.

@ SD:  Lou's team just got to a friggin' SCF in 2012.  2011 was one of the seasons where everything that could've gone wrong did (it happens), and 2013 was a shortened season, so I'm not going to equate it to 2011.  Like I always say to you, easy for a fan to seemingly have it all figured out, with uber-simplistic statements like "Well, he clearly should've approached things differently."  Easy for you to say.

Don't come up with verbose examples like Brodeur giving up 5-6 goals a game and the Devils losing 20 in a row.  If anything remotely close to that ever happened, pretty safe to say he won't be playing.  Look, at his age and mileage, we knew that it could get rough for Marty at the end, and clearly it has a bit...he's been largely inconsistent the past few years (but has enjoyed some nice stretches).  It's fine to wonder aloud how much longer Marty should be playing, or be given the majority of the playing time in goal (many of us have made these points...based on this past season and everything else, I don't know how the Devils go into next season with Marty penciled in as anything more than a question mark).  It's something else to be flat-out mean-spirited and insulting about it (too many Devils fans have taken this route), and some Devils fans have short memories when it comes to Marty's overall contributions.         

This. Thank you.  It's very easy to say "he should do it better", but if you want a better run than the Devils had over Lou's 20 years, you better be a Detroit fan. No one said he's perfect. You take risks, and sometimes they don't pay off. I'm not saying he's perfect when I say I understand the logic or reasoning of a move.

As for Marty, same thing. No one is saying he's what he was. I don't think many people defend his recent play. He's clearly at the end of the run. I think we all agree on that. However, I'm not really going to bash him either. He gave up a lot for this organization and hopefully he rides off into the sunset after this season.

As for this Vanderbeek thing, typical NY Post bull.

fvck everyone else, seriously.

the Devils will continue to prove time and time again they are more of a contender than a lot of the other teams out there.

Proof is in the pudding as they say. Let the naysayers talk sh!t, the Devils will do their work in the rink.

And watch an Aussie get involved with a Rangers fan at Yankee Stadium if they push their sh!t too far!

*bleeds red and black*

• Like 2

Bill Daly reported that it was false but with Forbes reporting it i feel kinda nervous again

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2013/06/20/new-jersey-devils-being-crushed-by-230-million-of-debt/

The New Jersey Devils not only missed the playoffs this season, but the NHL team also missed their first debt payment on recently restructured debt.

The New York Post reported four days ago that the NHL team had missed its first debt payment of $3 million in April on $170 million of loans it had restructured in December. But multiple sources have told me that owner Jeff Vanderbeek has $230 million of total debt tied to his ownership of the team and Prudential Center. Some of the liabilities are tied to nearby real estate. The Devils annual debt service is about $14 million.

Well that's a little more unsettling than the Post article was.

So..banks could come after the Devils by next Wednesday, huh?  Cool cool, I wasn't really nervous or stressing about anything in my life right now, so it's nice to have this.   :rolleyes:

Is that the same Forbes writer who parroted everything Kosman wrote last time?  If so, then I wouldn't put any more stock into his current articles than his last ones, Kosman and that guy last time were obviously working together to create an echo chamber to drive up their visibility on the issue.

After completing a refinancing of its debt and paying it down to roughly $40 million by the end of 2012, the team received an extension on an interest payment due in April so it had time to finish the process of bringing in new partners. A source said that could be completed in the next few weeks or take until the end of the summer.

(Note: To demonstrate the difference in perspective, one individual with knowledge of team finances insisted the Devils didn’t miss a payment or have a deadline for a payment delayed/extended at all and that the team is actually ahead in its payments.)

- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_courting_minority_partners_to_bolster_finances/#sthash.QeP07Ec6.dpuf

From TG, who I trust a lot more than the Post...