Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1421 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I honestly just want to vomit. I really thought this was getting done before the New Year and the fact that the numbers look SO close right now and everyone is still just throwing poop around the room to see what sticks is just sickening. Maybe if I didn't come on here to hear the latest news or check puck daddy everyday, It'd be easier to ignore, but I can't ignore it and I hate this.

#1422 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I honestly just want to vomit. I really thought this was getting done before the New Year and the fact that the numbers look SO close right now and everyone is still just throwing poop around the room to see what sticks is just sickening. Maybe if I didn't come on here to hear the latest news or check puck daddy everyday, It'd be easier to ignore, but I can't ignore it and I hate this.

. They're just following the 'script' all the way up until the deadline. It's clear a deal won't come before next week.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1423 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I made the mistake of setting up phone notifications whenever TG tweets ever since there was buzz that we were close earlier this week. Now I'm immersed. And nauseous. I hate both sides more than I did before, and I didn't think that was possible.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1424 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I made the mistake of setting up phone notifications whenever TG tweets ever since there was buzz that we were close earlier this week. Now I'm immersed. And nauseous. I hate both sides more than I did before, and I didn't think that was possible.

Neither did I, but they all seem to like proving me wrong on a daily basis these days.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1425 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Neither did I, but they all seem to like proving me wrong on a daily basis these days.

Being a hockey fan is like being in love with a woman who cheats on you. Time and time again, you stay up late waiting for her to come home, which sometimes doesn't happen for an entire year. You know she's been playing around with that Russian down the block who drives the fancy car but lives in a sh!thole apartment. You know that, even though you finance pretty much everything she does, she continues to do this to you. You convince yourself that as soon as she walks back through that door, you're gonna tell her to go fvck herself, slam the door behind you as you leave, and flirt with the tall drink of water next door with the hoop above her garage. But you know you won't. As soon as she returns, all common sense and self respect go out the window. All will be forgiven and forgotten. Again.

Or maybe it's more like being a smack addict. Our jerkoff dealer keeps getting us hooked, then depriving us of our fix for painfully long periods of time. Just as we start to come out of our hellish withdrawal with a clearer head and renewed sense of priorities, jerkoff reappears to inject us full of that sweet, sweet hockey.

Either way, we're suckers. Fvck the NHL and it's PA. That said, as much as I hate them, I know I'll be back as soon as they finally resolve this. Fvck me.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1426 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Great analogies DIG, both of them!

I'll come back eventually too, but I have no idea when. Both parties are coming off as annoying and petty now, and equally unsympathetic. I came running back the last two times, but not this time. Too disgusted.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1427 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

adater@adater
(1/2)On "bait and switch" charges:league says HRR language given to players on Dec. 27, and players acknowledged it with follow-up questions

adater@adater
(2/2) on 12-29 and 1-1, rendering bait-and-switch charges, to league, as bogus attempt at redo on disclaimer vote

dater is as pro-league as brooks is pro-player, I don't trust either one as a source. The accusation of baiting and switching may well be unfounded, but I find it difficult to believe that the players would agree to a system where a person who has incentive from 20+ clubs to hide revenue would be in charge of punishing teams for doing same.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1428 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Looks like Anthony and Marty got some ice time today. Marty getting a chance to see what retirement will be like in 1.5 years...

https://twitter.com/...291927387320322

Got to skate with my dad for the first time in a while, and it was max's first time skating!http://instagr.am/p/UEzB2OwKVV/

1dun.jpg

#1429 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Looks like Anthony and Marty got some ice time today. Marty getting a chance to see what retirement will be like in 1.5 years...

Is it me or are they at the Pru practice arena...I didn't know the devils were letting them use the facilities.

#1430 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Being a hockey fan is like being in love with a woman who cheats on you. Time and time again, you stay up late waiting for her to come home, which sometimes doesn't happen for an entire year. You know she's been playing around with that Russian down the block who drives the fancy car but lives in a sh!thole apartment. You know that, even though you finance pretty much everything she does, she continues to do this to you. You convince yourself that as soon as she walks back through that door, you're gonna tell her to go fvck herself, slam the door behind you as you leave, and flirt with the tall drink of water next door with the hoop above her garage. But you know you won't. As soon as she returns, all common sense and self respect go out the window. All will be forgiven and forgotten. Again.

Too specific to be fake, is this from experience?

Is it me or are they at the Pru practice arena...I didn't know the devils were letting them use the facilities.

I could see VBK saying, "Marty, you want to go skate with your kid? Go right ahead!" I know i wouldnt say no.
Posted Image

#1431 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yes it is. The players were renting out the practice rink at the beginning of the lockout so I'm assuming they still are.

1dun.jpg

#1432 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Either way, we're suckers. Fvck the NHL and it's PA. That said, as much as I hate them, I know I'll be back as soon as they finally resolve this. Fvck me.

The only thing I'll say about that - and it's going to sound homerish but that's the way I feel now - is right now I'm just embarassed the Devils are stuck being part of this joke of a league more than anything else. Thankfully, the players and management haven't done anything overtly to add to or encourage the shenanigans going on in New York and wherever else the two sides have been 'negotiating'.

If it wasn't for that - and the deep, epic playoff run last year - it'd be a lot harder to go back. Imagine the Devils losing Game 6 against Florida AND some of these players making Chimera/Toews/etc type comments, or Vanderbeek being one of the guys at the bargaining table further inflaming the masses? I'd be a lot more apathetic/bitter/ashamed to be a fan.

Plus considering all the nonsense around my other two sports teams which - other than Sandy Alderson - are both as badly run as the NHL, it'd be a little hypocritical of me to boycott the Devils for things not entirely their fault when I don't stop being a fan of the Mets and Jets no matter how embarassing they become.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1433 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Aaron Ward

Mediators have now been in meeting with the NHLPA for over 2.5 hours. #CBA #TSN

#1434 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Seriously, this hothead crap is stupid, submit a counter offer and keep moving forward.

#1435 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Amazing how small Marty's pads look.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#1436 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Per Allan Walsh
Bettman sought to remove penalties in CBA for teams that caught hiding revenue. He wanted penalties to be decided solely by "commissioner".

Yeahh.... So that if its NJ he'd take 4 first round picks from us and if its Pittsburgh, give them a $100 fine

Edited by SterioDesign, 04 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1437 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Per Allan Walsh
Bettman sought to remove penalties in CBA for teams that caught hiding revenue. He wanted penalties to be decided solely by "commissioner".

Yeahh.... So that its NJ he'd take 4 first round picks from us and if its Pittsburgh, give them a $100 fine

Bingo! To take out a term they already had negotiated is a sh!t move by the owners (and Bettman in particular). There already is absolutely NO trust between these 2 sides, and then the owners pull this bush league stunt which they had to know would inflame the players and Fehr at a time when negotiations seemed to be progressing.
Posted Image

#1438 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Am told both sides have told mediator they've got a bit of room to move on open issues

https://twitter.com/...339197487017984

So in reality, let's meet in the middle on the remaining issues and open the season. Unfortunately...Disney on Ice is at The Rock that weekend so looks like we'll be starting with away games :(

Edited by Coorslight, 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM.

1dun.jpg

#1439 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

https://twitter.com/...339197487017984

So in reality, let's meet in the middle on the remaining issues and open the season. Unfortunately...Disney on Ice is at The Rock that weekend so looks like we'll be starting with away games :(

Fine by me, gives us a bit more time to be able to plan to go to home games (or not go). There's a week difference between when they'd reach an agreement and the start of the season, that's a little quick for people to commit to going to games/buy tickets/etc.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1440 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Fine by me, gives us a bit more time to be able to plan to go to home games (or not go). There's a week difference between when they'd reach an agreement and the start of the season, that's a little quick for people to commit to going to games/buy tickets/etc.

Exactly, I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to go to some of these games at this point. I'll probably end up selling as many games as I can this season, if these clowns on both sides ever get their act together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users