1363 replies to this topic

#1261 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Posted on HF today.. Seems like the exterior of the hotel and sidewalk is completed.. Any ideas what's going in on the bottom floors?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1262 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

The hotel building itself is okay, but the ground-level orange brick IMO doesn't match the rest of the building and is rather displeasing to the eye.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#1263 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

This is off-topic but the Barclays Center has turned into a giant turd! Can you say hideous?

http://www.nytimes.c...&pagewanted=all

http://nymag.com/pri...-center-2012-8/

I'm glad it turned out looking like sh!t. May the Pru continue to be the region's premier world-class facility.

(And one more aside: JVB has been taking some heat lately, but he had a lot of input into the design of our arena. Dude deserves credit. I hope we Devils fans never take for granted how awesome our arena turned out)

Edited by devlman, 28 August 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#1264 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Posted Image

Dino BBQ completed their outdoor seating area on the Plaza
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1265 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

The hotel building itself is okay, but the ground-level orange brick IMO doesn't match the rest of the building and is rather displeasing to the eye.

I figured they were leaving the colors on the lower levels to the businesses that go in there. Brand recognition being what it is and all.

Dino BBQ completed their outdoor seating area on the Plaza

Looks like a tight fit getting to the tables. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#1266 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

This is off-topic but the Barclays Center has turned into a giant turd! Can you say hideous?

I'm glad it turned out looking like sh!t. May the Pru continue to be the region's premier world-class facility.

(And one more aside: JVB has been taking some heat lately, but he had a lot of input into the design of our arena. Dude deserves credit. I hope we Devils fans never take for granted how awesome our arena turned out)

I think Barclay's is pretty nice. To me it is hard to compare to two as they are designed for a different neighborhood, sport and feel to it. Barclays screams futuristic in a neighborhood where the hipsters are not too far from, while the Rock screams traditional meets state of the art in a more blue-collar neighborhood.

I will admit though that I am and never was a big fan of the "rust on purpose" look. Overall I think the building looks pretty neat. I just would like to see how the inside looks when it is completely done.

Looks like a tight fit getting to the tables. Posted Image

I agree and it looks like it took Dinosaur about 20 minutes to set that up. Oh well at least it is something but too bad it won't be used during the long cold winter nights.

#1267 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I knew the perfect sculpture to put in front of Barclay's

Posted Image

Unfortunately some locals grew tired of waking up to see a Giant Turd out of their windows, so they invented a excuse an set on fire the rhing

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1268 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Barclay, the Hockey Poo! Great new Mascot!!

Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#1269 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS AND WHAT IT WILL DO FOR THE AREA SOUTH OF THE ARENA.

http://www.nj.com/hu...ring_exten.html

#1270 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

It only helps south of the arena if they reopen South Street Station. That would truly benefit Newark's downtown. Otherwise, it's not much of an improvement for Newark over NJTransit taking riders to EWR station from Penn.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#1271 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

I just saw a commercial for ESPN that featured the outside of Dinosaur BBQ and the inside of Edison Ale House.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#1272 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

It only helps south of the arena if they reopen South Street Station. That would truly benefit Newark's downtown. Otherwise, it's not much of an improvement for Newark over NJTransit taking riders to EWR station from Penn.

Agreed. I think this also helps NYC commuters more than people actually going to and from Newark. Most people flying in and out of EWR are coming/going directly from NYC than Newark.

#1273 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

The hotel opened the other day.

http://www.meetingsf...46/Default.aspx

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1274 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

The hotel opened the other day.

http://www.meetingsf...46/Default.aspx

Yup. Star Ledger article: http://www.nj.com/bu...st_new_hot.html

#1275 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

I think this is a ridiculous idea. 1. Its not needed with the NJT links already on offer. 2. The Port Authority is the worst with construction projects and cost overruns. This magnitude of a project is not something they should be undertaking. They cant keep costs from the WTC site under control and are raising PATH fares for the next three years. 3. The PATH train is the slowest, noisiest, inefficient train I've ever been on. I dont see what an extension to EWR adds. What does it add to the south of the arena with a station stop at EWR?

#1276 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

I think this is a ridiculous idea. 1. Its not needed with the NJT links already on offer. 2. The Port Authority is the worst with construction projects and cost overruns. This magnitude of a project is not something they should be undertaking. They cant keep costs from the WTC site under control and are raising PATH fares for the next three years. 3. The PATH train is the slowest, noisiest, inefficient train I've ever been on. I dont see what an extension to EWR adds. What does it add to the south of the arena with a station stop at EWR?

Sorry man I couldn't disagree with you more on this. Access to the Path is a huge driver of development in NJ as it commands higher residency rates, rents and uliltmately bring vitality to an area that is otherwise blighted. South of the arena struggles and the South Ironbound isn't much better so what you bring by adding other stops is easy access to NYC which drives residents to choose between Brooklyn, Queens, JC, Hoboken AND Newark. Right now that access is limited to 10 minutes walking from Newark Penn Station. BTW, this fact is relected in numerous Newark planning studies as they can correlate that access and walking distance to development.

#1277 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Sorry man I couldn't disagree with you more on this. Access to the Path is a huge driver of development in NJ as it commands higher residency rates, rents and uliltmately bring vitality to an area that is otherwise blighted. South of the arena struggles and the South Ironbound isn't much better so what you bring by adding other stops is easy access to NYC which drives residents to choose between Brooklyn, Queens, JC, Hoboken AND Newark. Right now that access is limited to 10 minutes walking from Newark Penn Station. BTW, this fact is relected in numerous Newark planning studies as they can correlate that access and walking distance to development.

I know the path train is a driver of development. However, thats not the reason this would be built. If it were, it would be a lousy reason as much of the new line would be on the elevated rail, and the part that's on the ground is completely surrounded by track and industry. The south ironbound wouldn't have any greater access to the path. Those residents would still have to trek to Penn station. I hope you dont think this is some multi station proposal. The only extra station in this plan would be the airport, and that path service would add zero when you consider both njt and Amtrak head straight to midtown from there. I'm sure most business travelers and tourists stay in hotels that are not in lower manhattan too since there are few there. Ask yourself what the path would actually add.

Edited by devlman, 21 October 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#1278 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Lofts directly above Dinosaur BBQ are just about ready to hit the market.

#1279 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Lofts directly above Dinosaur BBQ are just about ready to hit the market.

Wow, they look nice!

#1280 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

The lofts are awesome and everything, but can someone please tell me more about the Beer Garden that is supposedly open on Market? Its on the lofts website, under specialty retail, and sounds like it goes through to Edison.

http://www.beirgarten.com/

218 Market Street
Eisenflucht Beirgarten website
Eisenflucht Beirgarten is the newest drinking establishment opened on Restaurant Row directly across from the Prudential Center in Downtown Newark.
Conveniently located on Edison Place, Eisenflucht Beirgarten is in the heart of Newark’s revitalization sector, surrounded by the Prudential Center to the south, NJPAC to the north, the Ironbound to the east and Broad Street to the west — with Penn Station right in the middle.

Attached File  ServeAttachment.ashx.jpeg   243.42KB   25 downloads

The website has no info other then opening summer 2012. Please tell me someone has pics or details about this place.

Edited by oat77, 17 November 2012 - 08:36 AM.

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users