#1 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

http://tsn.ca/nhl/ne...065&hubname=nhl

Mike O'Connell has been fired as GM of the Boston Bruins. A formal announcement is coming at 6pm et/3pm pt.

Assistant GM Jeff Gorton has been named interim GM.

O'Connell was named to the post in November of 2000, succeeding longtime Bruins boss Harry Sinden.

Entering the 2005-06 season, his teams have won two division titles and have compiled a 152-98-39-27 record and .585 win percentage during his tenure as general manager.

The Bruins struggled out of the gate early this season, and O'Connell made a shocking move in November trading captain Joe Thornton to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau and Brad Stuart.

----------------------
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#2 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:26 PM

Boy, when we beat the Bruins we sure send that organization into fvcking chaos.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#3 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

"Damn! If even the Devils can sweep the season series, something is seriously wrong."
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#4 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

yep, thornton's last face off as a bruin was the one he lost to madden who fed almo for the one timer... B )
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#5 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,842 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#6 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#7 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:19 PM

that's classic, i nearly died after that.
Posted Image

#8 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,842 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:32 AM

:lol: I like the fact we're both in bruins sig. :doh1: :D

Kind of puts the Boston picture in perspective.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#9 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:06 AM

Sinden absolutely despises the Devils. He wasn't able to even begrudgingly give the Devils their due after NJ wiped out his team in 5 games in 2003 on a WEEI radio interview at the conclusion of the playoffs.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users