All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

He's gotta have an "in" at Reebok if he's the only one out there that has these. And, as you said, he has about 25 of them in total, from sizes 46 to 60. Basically, if you want a retro/Stadium Series 2.0 authentic jersey, you either buy from him at $374.99 or a Meigray blank Game-Issued one at $595.

DevsMan - The 2010 retro night gamers were 2.0?

The 2010 retro jerseys were indeed 2.0.

Here is a link to a photo gallery of Brodeur's jersey from 2010 when the retros were revealed.  In the 2nd picture which is the close-up, you can see the material is not 1.0

http://devils.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=14630

The 2010 retro jerseys were indeed 2.0.

Here is a link to a photo gallery of Brodeur's jersey from 2010 when the retros were revealed.  In the 2nd picture which is the close-up, you can see the material is not 1.0

http://devils.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=14630

That actually makes perfect sense as I'm pretty sure the Devils only wore the EDGE 1.0 jerseys during the 07-08 season. But this opens up a whole new, likely unanswerable question, "Why the heck did they ever make retail EDGE 1.0 retros ?"

Edited by hoekster316

if they werent so expsensive i would scoop one up but after customization thats just too much money for a non game worn jersey for me when you can haggle meigray and get certain gamers for around $250 or even less

Yeah they are expensive.

I got my period 1 SS gamer from NHL auctions for 1/3 of the price that Meigray is asking for the same player from the same game but from period 2.

Yeah they are expensive.

I got my period 1 SS gamer from NHL auctions for 1/3 of the price that Meigray is asking for the same player from the same game but from period 2.

to be honest i have been turned away from wanting to do much business with meigray.. don't get me wrong if I'm going to buy a jersey i would prefer to be the first owner of it and receive it directly from meigray.. knowing that no one else except the player has ever worn it is a great feeling.. but they are becoming worse and worse with their prices and less and less willing to negotiate i feel.. although i do suppose it depends on who you get on the phone i have noticed that if you email them they are easier to haggle with then over the phone.. i wish they would realize they're just out of line with certain prices especially when they have 6 of one player and clearly are not moving them.

to be honest i have been turned away from wanting to do much business with meigray.. don't get me wrong if I'm going to buy a jersey i would prefer to be the first owner of it and receive it directly from meigray.. knowing that no one else except the player has ever worn it is a great feeling.. but they are becoming worse and worse with their prices and less and less willing to negotiate i feel.. although i do suppose it depends on who you get on the phone i have noticed that if you email them they are easier to haggle with then over the phone.. i wish they would realize they're just out of line with certain prices especially when they have 6 of one player and clearly are not moving them.

Like a Josefson or Tedenby from 3-4 years ago that they are asking $750 for? lol  The best is that they know what the final prices of the Devils SS jerseys were from NHL Auctions as Meigray runs it and you get a COA from Meigray/NHL for the NHL auction jerseys.  Yet Meigray continues to store them and just wait for someone to walk up and pay a good amount of $ for them.  Here is a link to the list of what the SS jerseys went for on NHL auctions and compare them to the jerseys left on the Meigray website.

http://gameworn.us/forum/forum/main-category/auction-results-archive/177-2014-coors-light-stadium-series-new-jersey-devils-mixed-periods-1-26-14

I really only really buy from them during their sales.  I've only once bought something from them that wasn't on sale but got it for 60% of their asking price and I am happy with that since I really wanted the jersey.  Otherwise I usually go the eBay route or through other private collectors.

we should almost write to them with some "friendly suggestions from collectors" and suggest to them they should set up more online auctions and such to clear inventory out.. is that site one of the better ones for game worns? i usually lurk around on gameworn.net seems pretty good gamewornjerseys.com usually only gets traffic in their forsale section and with nothing good

we should almost write to them with some "friendly suggestions from collectors" and suggest to them they should set up more online auctions and such to clear inventory out.. is that site one of the better ones for game worns? i usually lurk around on gameworn.net seems pretty good gamewornjerseys.com usually only gets traffic in their forsale section and with nothing good

Gameworn Auctions is a private entity and so is Classic Auctions.  Meigray would never do business with them as they are competitors.

Those SS jerseys were on NHL Auctions which is technically the league's auction house, but they subcontract out the facilitation of it to the various vendors such as Meigray.  In the SS game, the NHL took posession of period 1 jerseys and the team took period 2 jerseys.  Therefore since Meigray is the official dealer of the Devils, Meigray got period 2.  Meigray also did get period 1 for the NHL, but they technically did now own them and just mailed them out to the winners and sent the COA's.

Therefore right now Meigray doesn't actually run any auctions and I don't think they will plan to.  I mean why should they when they can just ask a price that they list for the jerseys instead of taking a risk of taking in a lot less in auction.

• 3 weeks later...

I know for a fact Icejerseys have used EPS (Josh at EPS told me as much).

However, EPS is one of the many outside customizers that Icejersey uses in addition to their own in-house customizer.  The one jersey I had purchased through Icejerseys was a Colorado Rockies jersey that they sent to EPS to customize.  Outside of their teams, EPS also specializes in throwback/older jerseys.  Since my jersey was a throwback, I guess they didn't trust their customizer enough so they sent it to EPS (along with the usual 4-8 week EPS lead time lol).

However, it looks like in this case Icejerseys decided to save money and just use their in-house customizer or a cheaper, other outside customizer rather than use EPS.  The font on this Henrique jersey is definitely off and someone in one of the Devils FB groups posted his pic.  He got it as a Kovy cheap, stripped it himself and sent it to Icejerseys to re-do it as a Henrique.

I know for a fact Icejerseys have used EPS (Josh at EPS told me as much).

However, EPS is one of the many outside customizers that Icejersey uses in addition to their own in-house customizer.  The one jersey I had purchased through Icejerseys was a Colorado Rockies jersey that they sent to EPS to customize.  Outside of their teams, EPS also specializes in throwback/older jerseys.  Since my jersey was a throwback, I guess they didn't trust their customizer enough so they sent it to EPS (along with the usual 4-8 week EPS lead time lol).

However, it looks like in this case Icejerseys decided to save money and just use their in-house customizer or a cheaper, other outside customizer rather than use EPS.  The font on this Henrique jersey is definitely off and someone in one of the Devils FB groups posted his pic.  He got it as a Kovy cheap, stripped it himself and sent it to Icejerseys to re-do it as a Henrique.

Thanks for the confirmation, DevsMan. I'm really surprised/disappointed that IceJerseys would do that.

Yeah well in the end it is all about $.

I never have anyone customize my jerseys anymore.  I just buy blanks and send them to EPS.

That's the way to go. Been doing that for a year now and I have always been happy with the results. You do have to be patient though, they are very busy at times and 4-8 or even 12 weeks isn't unheard of. 

Just sending a batch of jerseys off to them today, actually...

That's the way to go. Been doing that for a year now and I have always been happy with the results. You do have to be patient though, they are very busy at times and 4-8 or even 12 weeks isn't unheard of. 

Just sending a batch of jerseys off to them today, actually...

Or in my case 20 weeks once lol

I have a couple jerseys that they are working on now and its been 5 weeks since they received it.  Josh told me it will be 4-6 weeks so even if it goes over to 8 weeks or more I don't mind.  I'd rather have precision than speed any day.

Glossing over the Devils various FB fan groups, just the mere mention of customization taking anything more than 2 weeks and people just seem to lose it.  However, I guess when you are dealing with the masses and not particularly "jersey nuts or collectors" like us, then precision is something they just do not care about.  However, if I spend over $100 on something, I personally would want to make sure it is as nice and accurate as possible, but that's just my opinion.

If I had no other jerseys, I would worry about how long it was going to take. But I have enough that I can just wear a different one until it arrives. 

Still, I really do not get the idea that you HAVE to wear a jersey at a game.  Yeah I prefer to wear a jersey but it is not the end of the world if I do not.  Plus if it was my only jersey I would want to make even more sure that it was 100% perfect.

Still, I really do not get the idea that you HAVE to wear a jersey at a game.  Yeah I prefer to wear a jersey but it is not the end of the world if I do not.  Plus if it was my only jersey I would want to make even more sure that it was 100% perfect.

Good point. If you are such a big fan that you absolutely HAVE to have a jersey on to go to the game, then you probably should have had one already. 

I agree that I'd want my one jersey to be 100% accurate, I'd have no issue waiting for it really, I'd just be more anxious to get it I guess. 

if you want something that is 100percent accurate and authentic.. go for a game worn! Nothing more authentic then a nice game worn and the warm feeling you get knowing it was worn by one of the great players on our team!...anf hey by the way i happen to have a few for sale ;)

I went from replicas to authentics and now pretty much strictly staying to game worns.  $ is not as much of an issue as I usually sell replicas and authentics that I really do not care for anymore to fund my game worn purchases.

I also sell a lot of other memorabilia of teams not the NJ Devils and that helps out as well.  I have grown to really dislike selling Devils memorabilia over the past few years.

If I could find one not beat to crap with a halfway decent player on it for a very good price, I would consider it. Maybe I should check out the Meigray sale when it hits in a couple weeks (or less, should be soon). 

The sale most likely is going to be like the summer sale, but with the year moved up one.  Therefore anything 12-13 season and before will be either 40% off one player (does not include GI) or Buy One, Get One Free at full price of more expensive jersey.

Plus you don't want a clean jersey when buying a game worn lol it's all about the wear.  I have a Zajac gamer he wore 1 game and there is next to nothing on it and I have a Josefson SS period 1 gamer that you wouldn't know is a gamer without the LOA.  Might as well go through JB at that point and save a few dollars lol.

I have authentics already, I'd only be getting a gamer for the novelty of it. I wouldn't care if it had wear so for that reason I don't want any.

If I found a nice one for $400-450 on Meigray, and then could get 40% off, I might well be into that.

I have authentics already, I'd only be getting a gamer for the novelty of it. I wouldn't care if it had wear so for that reason I don't want any.

If I found a nice one for $400-450 on Meigray, and then could get 40% off, I might well be into that.

i sent you a pm if youre interested in my zajac jersey..it retails for $750 from meigray im looking to get $435 which will be a better deal than the holiday sale.. the point of the ware on the gamers is to show player usage and to help photomatch them to pictures of the players playing in them.

i sent you a pm if youre interested in my zajac jersey..it retails for $750 from meigray im looking to get $435 which will be a better deal than the holiday sale.. the point of the ware on the gamers is to show player usage and to help photomatch them to pictures of the players playing in them.

I replied to your PM.

I understand the concept of why guys like their game worns to show wear...it's just not important to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.