Holmgren/Lavi watch?

vadvlfan

Many Flyer fans waiting for the shoe to drop in Filly. Any predictions?  Seems as if fans are seriously questioning their collective "over rating" of their players. Not that I wallow in their misery, but, i love it (even though we have issues of our own).  i think Lavi can't get fired quick enough.  They're calling for Holmgrens head as well. 

Fans are saying they need a different "voice"in the room. Berube? Maybe there's a thorough housecleaning in order?

well to be honest im pretty certain every single fan base are over rating their own players. We do it too.

But to stay on the subject... i kinda hope they are not getting fired, cause then they might be better after... like the Rangers without Torts will be better and MTL with Bergevin making decisions same thing etc etc

Frank Seravalli @DNFlyers 2m

Flyers have fired Peter Laviolette, per a source. Replacing him with Craig Berube. Press conference at 11am.

Sarah Baicker @sbaickerCSN 1m

Ohhhhh boy. Flyers press conference at 11 a.m.

Dan Rosen @drosennhl 1m

Flyers have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Peter Luukko and Paul Holmgren will be in attendance. That's all the press release says.

Laviolette is a great coach. Holmgren's been the one tinkering with Laviolette's roster in nothing but negative ways. Any good aspects of the Flyers' game that Laviolette can get out of them, Holmgren trades away or doesn't help complement them. He should've seen the ax way earlier than Laviolette.

Laviolette is a great coach. Holmgren's been the one tinkering with Laviolette's roster in nothing but negative ways. Any good aspects of the Flyers' game that Laviolette can get out of them, Holmgren trades away or doesn't help complement them. He should've seen the ax way earlier than Laviolette.

What does Holmgren expect when you trade 2 stars in their primes and replace them with kids who havent taken the next step yet (except Voracek)? Add to the fact their d is trash. Instead of firing the architect, you fire the carpenter for being given lousy tools.

Right, cause firing your coach 3 games into the season is a great way to portray yourself as an organization.  Maybe the ownership/Homer should start showing up to practices and actually observe the coaching staff and try to see if the coaching is really the problem. I.E. players not responding, players looking unhappy, players obviously not understanding, not gelling as a unit.  Yeah, I know, showing up to a practice or two may not give a sense of the real problem at hand, but come on, THREE games in and Lavi is most likely out the door.

Edited by RizzMB30

Right, cause firing your coach 3 games into the season is a great way to portray yourself as an organization.  Maybe the ownership/Homer should start showing up to practices and actually observe the coaching staff and try to see if the coaching is really the problem. I.E. players not responding, players looking unhappy, players obviously not understanding, not gelling as a unit.  Yeah, I know, showing up to a practice or two may not give a sense of the real problem at hand, but come on, THREE games in and Lavi is most likely out the door.

Its hard to know whats up behind closed doors, think of Julien's firing riiiight before the playoffs with a handful of games left and we were like on top of the conference. We certainly made a good impression to the organization there either. 

Just watched the presser...

One reporter asked Snider if bringing in someone "insular" to the organization -- from a culture of "losing" -- was the right move, and Snider got his panties in a bunch.

He said they don't need a fresh perspective.

Interesting...

Guess Holmgren's job is safe for another several years, excellent.

That be great for the rest of the East. I think he is an idiot and history shows that, but a lot of his moves were really made by Snider. He gets a free pass on Bryzgalov because that was 100% his bosses decision.

Having said that, they brought in Hextall, and I don't think it would be a big shocker if he took over sooner than later.