Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

I strongly disagree that he's a bottom pairing defenseman (and on what kind of team), especially having watched about 90% of LAK games of the last years or so.

If he's a bottom pair so is our defense minus Volch, Sal, and maybe Larsson.

Okay, well, did you watch last year's playoffs?

http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/4/28/2134789/sharks-vs-kings-scoring-chances-series-totals

JJ would be a solid middle pairing D man with Larry Robinson in his ear.

Maybe so, but he doesn't have that - who knows what depths his +/- will sink to in Columbus.

Edited by Triumph

Okay, well, did you watch last year's playoffs?

http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/4/28/2134789/sharks-vs-kings-scoring-chances-series-totals

Maybe so, but he doesn't have that - who knows what depths his +/- will sink to.

My point merely is in the right environment he's a solid middle pair rather than a sweeping generalization that he's terrible.

Foster on another team is easily an AHL defenseman.

Much of this depends upon what type of system the team plays and if any other players are blocking development.

YEs I was at 2 of those games and I thick you get a better cross section of a player across 82 games in general.

have to agree jj is pretty bad....couldn't believe he made team usa a couple years back....its not that he doesnt have tones of talent but he makes decisions with the puck that make kovi's choices look smart...sometimes it looks like he wants to make the bad play

would rather have him then foster based on potential alone though

Someone on HF pointed out this post by an LA fan who apparently hates JJ. We all know every Devil has certain fans who hate them though, so it's nothing definitive or anything.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=44736615&postcount=419

that post is hilarious!! lmao

+13

+11

+4

+3

+1

Are you *** kidding me? -22 worse than the 2nd worst? How is that humanly possible? Do you need more? Here's the year before:

Even though from what I've heard about Johnson being not that great. Carter isn't exactly a guy that blows you away with his hard work and smart decision making either. I really hate Milbury, but he ripped into Carter on his work ethic and lack of play in big games and I really have to agree for the most part with him on that. I know he's put up 40+ goals before, but I never thought of him as being all that great, but maybe he'll play better on the wing with LA than he had at center with Columbus.

So I mean, I guess it's too guys who have underachieved at times being swapped with an extra 1st rounder going to Columbus. It's not terrible, but it's a bit too much for Carter imo, especially since he's locked in for another 10 years or whatever.

Wow, so Columbus in effect traded Voracek and Courturier (or maybe they would have taken Hamilton had they kept the pick) for Jack Johnson and a low first round pick.

Remind me of this the next time I complain about Lou.

Every move or signing they made this past offseason was such a mega-fail it's not even funny. I know Wisniewski had a good year last year, even though he played for like 3 teams, but he was in no way a #1 guy worth 5 mil+ or whatever they gave him and it was just downhill from there.

It must really suck to be a Blue Jackets fan. I wonder what bad return they are going to get for Nash...

One of the rumored trades with the Rangers would be a pretty good return, Dubinsky, Kreider and a first. Apparently the Rags are balking at that, so maybe they get Erixon and McAlraith instead of Kreider.

Not bad especially when you consider that Atlanta basically got nothing for Kovalchuk (yes I know circumstances a little different contract wise).

One of the rumored trades with the Rangers would be a pretty good return, Dubinsky, Kreider and a first. Apparently the Rags are balking at that, so maybe they get Erixon and McAlraith instead of Kreider.

Not bad especially when you consider that Atlanta basically got nothing for Kovalchuk (yes I know circumstances a little different contract wise).

Earlier report said Rangers have definitively said they are not trading Kreider, so they'd be offering Dubinsky, McIlraith, and a pick for Nash. That's a horrible return. Dubinsky's a 2nd line center on his best days, McIlraith is an unknown and pure defense, the draft pick would be a low first rounder I'd imagine - I don't think they have anyone else's first this year, but I can't remember that specifically.

Yeesh, that's like the Marian Hossa deal all over again. Just highway robbery in the long run, as a talented player walks out the door.

Also, your post about "remind me about this the next time I complain about Lou" is dead on. Talk about getting a crap return. Of course, Carter will elevate his game now that he's in LA - because he never wanted to be in Columbus and dogged it. Combine that with injuries and a losing team and for the first time in his professional career he had to find reasons to play competitive hockey rather than just take the ice knowing it was gearing up for a playoff run. I guess Columbus just really wanted him gone.

Fvck the Rangers! I'm calling horseh!it if they get Nash. How can one team have Nash, Gaborik and Richards and still be under the cap?

This! RIGHT HERE! They just keep adding contracts! How, when the Devils were STRUGGLING to get things together after signing Kovy with his 6.66m cap hit?!?! I don't get it.

(In reality, I do. To his credit, Sather has made awful contract after awful contract disappear somehow. But no, somehow the Kovalchuk fiasco was much, much worse circumvention and deserved punishment. It was so much worse than just burying Redden in the minors, shoving drury on LTIR, or somehow convincing Montreal to take Gomez. :rant: /rant)

Edited by Devilsfan118

Fvck the Rangers! I'm calling horseh!it if they get Nash. How can one team have Nash, Gaborik and Richards and still be under the cap?

Go to Capgeek, which will show you how the numbers work. (To save you they time, they do).

If they do get Nash, there's no chance they sign Parise (my biggest nightmare come true). It also means that the Rags are for all intents and purposes out of the free agent game for the foreseeable future.

This! RIGHT HERE! They just keep adding contracts! How, when the Devils were STRUGGLING to get things together after signing Kovy with his 6.66m cap hit?!?! I don't get it.

(In reality, I do. To his credit, Sather has made awful contract after awful contract disappear somehow. But no, somehow the Kovalchuk fiasco was much, much worse circumvention and deserved punishment. It was so much worse than just burying Redden in the minors, shoving drury on LTIR, or somehow convincing Montreal to take Gomez. :rant: /rant)

The Devils had almost no young players when they had to fit the Kovalchuk deal in. Plus the Rangers don't really have a bad deal on their books right now besides the Redden deal which doesn't count.

Getting Nash now means the Rags want it now. That means they'll be desperate in a season or two to unload one of those three if/when it fails. They think Nash is that final piece.

I like reuniting Carter/Richards. They produced in Philly. I definitely think LA won the deal as Carter can go when hes on. It definitely sounds like Lombardi wants to really shake it up. This sort of move will keep his job or assuredly lose it.

Jack Johnson just went from playing in LA to playing for the bottom feeding Blue Jackets. Put yourself in that dude's shoes right now. Regardless of record, getting the rug pulled out from under you and landing on your ass in Columbus, Ohio.....not the worst place in the world, but c'monnnnnnnn.

The Devils had almost no young players when they had to fit the Kovalchuk deal in. Plus the Rangers don't really have a bad deal on their books right now besides the Redden deal which doesn't count.

the Dubinsky deal isn't looking so hot right now at like $4.2mil per year. He's got something like 6 goals this year and around 19 assists? That's not $4mil dollar production. That being said, he's played mostly bottom 6 minutes and not gotten to sniff the 2nd line a whole lot lately. He also isn't being a terrible detriment to the team on the whole as his defensive play is still good.