31 replies to this topic

#1 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Just a quick question about the gold circle skate and didn't no were to post this so I made a new topic someone can delete it after I get an answer. I just bought a ticket for the gold circle skate from someone and was wondering if the skate was on prudential center ice or the practice ice ?

ajq8o1.png

#2 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

It has been on both rinks. There has been 3 sperate groups that rotate. One group skates on the practice, the other on the main ice and the third sign autos in the concourse.
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#3 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

it usually is on both rinks but due to the circus being setup, the skate part will be on the practice rink. there will be other things going on in the arena.

this will be my first one so i'm pretty excited about it. any tips from anyone? i'd like to get most if not the whole team to autograph a jersey.

Edited by devils744, 12 February 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#4 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

There going to be a lot more people this year. It's been the Gold Circle only but now it's a choice for STH's who have been here for more than a season.
I say have fun, get the autos you can get and just enjoy. With the circus in town maybe there will be two auto groups in the concourse.
Either way I enjoy it and get the autos I can get. You will have a lot of fun!
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#5 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Is it hard to get everyone's autograph ??? Like is it an open thing were people just walk up randomly to players or is it organized?

ajq8o1.png

#6 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

The whole team is tough to get cause there are long lines for the big players like Mary, Parise, Kovy and each group signed for like 45 minutes. Think of the ones you really want and jump on their lines. You will get a bunch for sure and usually the big guys are split up in the groups.
And the players sit at a table and there are lines.

Edited by Souray44, 12 February 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#7 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

The whole team is tough to get cause there are long lines for the big players like Mary, Parise, Kovy and each group signed for like 45 minutes. Think of the ones you really want and jump on their lines. You will get a bunch for sure and usually the big guys are split up in the groups.
And the players sit at a table and there are lines.

What do you mean the big guys are split in to groups?? And do they take pics??

ajq8o1.png

#8 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

What do you mean the big guys are split in to groups?? And do they take pics??

Since they have 3 groups that rotate, they try to split up the big name players within the 3 groups so you get a chance at them. Pics, I think they allow it but they really try to move you through the line cause of time constraints and the long lines.

#9 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Since they have 3 groups that rotate, they try to split up the big name players within the 3 groups so you get a chance at them. Pics, I think they allow it but they really try to move you through the line cause of time constraints and the long lines.

So like in your past experiences at this event have you gotten to meet like kovy brodeur zach and Elias at 1 event??

ajq8o1.png

#10 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

So like in your past experiences at this event have you gotten to meet like kovy brodeur zach and Elias at 1 event??

My wife comes with me and we split the big players up so we get them. This event is hard to get all the big ones but not impossible. All depends on the lines and who you want. Either way have fun and enjoy it :)

#11 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

So you think they'll split up the team in to 2 groups and you have 45 mins to try and get everyone?

ajq8o1.png

#12 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Last year, I got Parise, Kovalchuk, Elias, Brodeur and Zajac. It was a grind to get those 5 but I missed out on everyone else. Quality is possible but you will most definitely miss out on quantity.
Posted Image

#13 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Deffinetly want to get kovy parise Elias and brodeur so hopefully they split up the team into 2 groups to give people a better shot at meeting them

ajq8o1.png

#14 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

The other thing to think about is what Souray mentioned: in the past, this was open only to Gold Circle members, club seat holders and certain other smaller factions (leaders who brought a group of a certain size to a game). Now, it is open to a large section of STHs. Don't get your hopes too high or you will be disappointed. My best advice would be to go in looking to get 2 of the 3 big guys who may not be here much longer (Parise, Elias, Marty) and just try to have fun with it.
Posted Image

#15 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

The other thing to think about is what Souray mentioned: in the past, this was open only to Gold Circle members, club seat holders and certain other smaller factions (leaders who brought a group of a certain size to a game). Now, it is open to a large section of STHs. Don't get your hopes too high or you will be disappointed. My best advice would be to go in looking to get 2 of the 3 big guys who may not be here much longer (Parise, Elias, Marty) and just try to have fun with it.

Yeah that's true any idea why they changed it this year

ajq8o1.png

#16 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by DevsMan84, 13 February 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#17 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,479 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Yeah that's true any idea why they changed it this year

The team said they want to find a better reward balance between money spent and length of holding season tickets.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#18 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

sounds like a cool event, have fun!!

#19 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

maybe since it's at 6 on a tuesday people will be hard pressed to go or make it on time

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#20 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

I am curious to see what ROOKIE OF THE YEAR (Hopeful) Adam Henrique's line will look like!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users