It's Time To Stand Up To Israel

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=524821

Check out this post that someone wrote on another forum.

I've watched the unfolding events over the last few weeks in the Middle East with a growing sense of dispair. It's the one region in the world that seems intent on self-destructing itself, time and time again.

The sad thing is that some of the Western Media, especially in the USA seems to be very one-sided in reporting issues and events that occur. Most of you know many reasons for this. A strong Israel-lobby, trade and military sales that help both country's economies and ties that stretch back a number of years.

Some of you will know my views on Israel and it's Government. Just to clear up any confusion first and so you can know my 'bias' before you read the rest of this. I believe the Israel Government is blood-thirsty, uncaring about civilian deaths and very, very in breach of international human right laws, the Geneva convention and so on.

Most of you will have seen that the United Nations and other international bodies such as the EU have condemned the latest offensive by Israel, some have gone as far as saying that such attacks breach the Geneva convention or are collective punishment. I agree.

Edited by DevilMinder

I've watched the unfolding events over the last few weeks in the Middle East with a growing sense of dispair. It's the one region in the world that seems intent on self-destructing itself, time and time again.

The sad thing is that some of the Western Media, especially in the USA seems to be very one-sided in reporting issues and events that occur. Most of you know many reasons for this. A strong Israel-lobby, trade and military sales that help both country's economies and ties that stretch back a number of years.

Some of you will know my views on Israel and it's Government. Just to clear up any confusion first and so you can know my 'bias' before you read the rest of this. I believe the Israel Government is blood-thirsty, uncaring about civilian deaths and very, very in breach of international human right laws, the Geneva convention and so on.

Most of you will have seen that the United Nations and other international bodies such as the EU have condemned the latest offensive by Israel, some have gone as far as saying that such attacks breach the Geneva convention or are collective punishment. I agree.

So then I can assume you support terorism??

Word to the wise:

If yer pickin sides, go with Israel. They've got an AWESOME coach! ;)

Its quite comical hearing people talk about international law in the context of the Arab-Israeli conflict. Israel as a state has every right to exercise self-defense against Hizbollah's unprovoked attack. Israel has bombed bridges, the airport, and Al-Manar's broadcasting facilities. I have to see anyone explain to me how those sites are not military sites. Sure it true that Lebanese civilians also use those facilities, but how exactly does Hezbollah move it men and supplies? How does Hezbollah communicate among each other? How does it get its propaganda out? In an attempt to avoid civilian casualties Israel has dropped leaflets telling civilians to get out and it did so before it started the bombing. You have to admit its quite incredible that despite all this, every single person killed by Israel has been a civilian. I haven't read a single word about any of those Lebanese casualties being Hezbollah terrorist. I smell BS! Its also not very surprising to see not a word in your post regarding the indiscriminate rocket fire on Israeli towns. I guess Hezbollah's actions don't bother you as much since there are an equal opportunity terroristic organization. Why just this morning they killed 2 Arab children in Nazareth with their Kaytusha rockets.

Additionally, it is Lebanon and not Israel who breached international to start this whole episode. Under UN security council resolution 1559, Lebanon is supposed to insure that Hezbollah disarms and the Lebanese army is supposed to exercise sovereignty over its southern border. Israel fully complied with international law in it's withdrawal from southern Lebanon in 2000. Hezbollah and the Lebanese government has asserted that Israel has not withdrawn completely because of Israel's continued presence in the Sheba Farms neighborhood. However, according to the UN survey in demarcating the blue line between Israel and Lebanon, it was stated the Sheba Farms is a part of Syria. In coordinating its withdrawal from the Lebanon, Israeli intermediaries communicated to the Syrians that if they would provide that Sheba Farms was a part of Lebanon that Israel would withdraw from there as well. In typical middle eastern fashion, Syria refused such offer in order to enable the Hezbollah to have a sham reason to continue to resist 'occupation.' The Lebanese government's actions in failing to control Hezbollah, were a breach of international law, and Israel was well within their rights to respond. The argument about 'disproportionate response' is a complete red herring. When has the international community ever called an Israeli response proportionate.

It's Britains fault. With the "Balfour Declaration" of 1917 leading to the emigration of european jews in the 20th century back to palestine while a british protectorate.

Up until the 20th century there were not many jews in palestine. The ones that were there lived peacefully with the arabs.

The european jewish immigrants to palestine basically did what the europeans did to the american indians, muscled in, then through force took the land they wanted.

Here is a quick synopsis from the UN...

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpa/ngo/history.html

The palestine people got screwed out of their homes lost all the prime beach front real estate except for the miserable gaza strip, and all the good arable land.

It's definately a blood fued that will NEVER get fixed...

palestine/israel is screwed, and someday it will get nuked by a nutter mullah.

Edited by Shred

:noclue: Israel has a couple more countries bordering them, that would like nothing better than to see them wiped off the face of the Earth, than NJ does. :evil:

How bout : It is Very smart to have a good ally in that region.

How bout : It's the right thing to do. :D

Could someone explain to me the benefits to the USA for its support of Israel?

Heck, Israel gets more money out of Washington DC every year than New Jersey does.

Do you think Washington just gives Israel a blank check every year to spend however it sees fit? All of that money ends up being spent in America by purchases from American companies. Hell, plenty of Israelis have said that Israel needs to ween themselves off of American financial aid, since it gives America tremendous amount of leeway in dictating Israel's foreign policy and stymies the Israeli defense industry since most of the money Israel gets from the US can't be spent in Israel anyways.

Israel benefits the United States in many ways.

First of all, we have no real allies in the middle east, every country would probably try to harm us a great deal if they had the chance. Israel is a true partner in the middle east, America's only one.

Israel also shares A LOT of technology with the United States. Almost every new weapon that the United States designs today has been built by a partnership that includes Israel.

Second, Israel is a true ally on Americas war on terror. They dont take any crap, when they get slapped in the face, they will slap back as hard as they can to punish the people who killed innocent civilians.

Israel is also a democracy, a rarity in that part of the world. Democratic nations tend to help each other out, because the more successful democratic nations that exist, the better everyone is. Israel is also a very close ideological ally even beyond democracy that the United States. There is also a great deal of high tech business in Israel that has a lot of American money pumped into it. Its in our own best interest to see both nations economies doing well. There are plenty of other reasons, but hopefully this will satisfy you for now.

Israel benefits the United States in many ways.

First of all, we have no real allies in the middle east, every country would probably try to harm us a great deal if they had the chance. Israel is a true partner in the middle east, America's only one.

Israel also shares A LOT of technology with the United States. Almost every new weapon that the United States designs today has been built by a partnership that includes Israel.

Second, Israel is a true ally on Americas war on terror. They dont take any crap, when they get slapped in the face, they will slap back as hard as they can to punish the people who killed innocent civilians.

Israel is also a democracy, a rarity in that part of the world. Democratic nations tend to help each other out, because the more successful democratic nations that exist, the better everyone is. Israel is also a very close ideological ally even beyond democracy that the United States. There is also a great deal of high tech business in Israel that has a lot of American money pumped into it. Its in our own best interest to see both nations economies doing well. There are plenty of other reasons, but hopefully this will satisfy you for now.

Pro: Yes they are a good friend. A democratic neighbor in a very suspect region that breeds hostility towards the West and the United States.

Con: They do not give a sh!t about American policy in the Middle East and act often on whims when it comes to protecting their borders. They blew to sh!t out of the American Liberty...

http://www.ussliberty.org/

and I still question why this has never been a REAL target of investigation.

As far as this "Act of War" is concerned, the prisoners that were taken in the pre dawn attack by Hizbollah is just an excuse by Israel to get rid of the very people that want to destroy it. JUST SAY IT ALREADY AND DON'T GIVE ME AN EXCUSE ABOUT 2 SOLDIERS BEING HELD CAPTIVE... while hundreds are dying by the day. Just tell the truth Israel, you want Hizbollah out and maybe the rest of the world will stand behind you for once!

Pro: Yes they are a good friend. A democratic neighbor in a very suspect region that breeds hostility towards the West and the United States.

Con: They do not give a sh!t about American policy in the Middle East and act often on whims when it comes to protecting their borders. They blew to sh!t out of the American Liberty...

http://www.ussliberty.org/

and I still question why this has never been a REAL target of investigation.

As far as this "Act of War" is concerned, the prisoners that were taken in the pre dawn attack by Hizbollah is just an excuse by Israel to get rid of the very people that want to destroy it. JUST SAY IT ALREADY AND DON'T GIVE ME AN EXCUSE ABOUT 2 SOLDIERS BEING HELD CAPTIVE... while hundreds are dying by the day. Just tell the truth Israel, you want Hizbollah out and maybe the rest of the world will stand behind you for once!

They DO give a great deal about what American's think of Israeli foreign policy. They NEED to be friends with the United States to continue receive funding from them. Think about it, if Mexican soldiers kidnapped 2 American soldiers, we would go in and try and get them back. Israel is simply not leaving any men behind. When did Israel attack Hamas? After they killed and kidnapped Israeli soldiers. Israel was acting against Hamas when Hezbollah, a terror organization, killed and kidnapped more Israeli soldiers. Israel can't just stand for that, so they struck back with (almost) everything they had. Hezbollah fired first, Israel has the right to defend itself. Israel has said MANY times it is not looking to topple Lebanon, it has pleaded with Lebanon to move its soldiers into southern Lebanon even before this crisis. Israel has made it extremely clear they are going to uproot Hezbollah as best they can.

The USS Liberty was the target of a "real" investigation. Israel made a mistake, its that simple. The events happened during the six day war where Israel was fighting for its survival as a nation. They flew thousands of sorties per day and had no intention of making an enemy, out of all people, the United States. That USS Liberty site you gave was VERY one sided, I could easily find you another website that supports what actually happened. If you want a moderate look, USS Liberty Incident.

I would like to point out that the author of this thread has taken word-for-word my thread on another forum and is claiming it as his own.

Please feel free to check out the time stamp of my ORIGINAL thread on;

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=524821

I am a moderator on Newgrounds and I do take offence to plagarism and copying of articles, or opinions I write.

Please can someone draw this to the attention of a forum moderator, so that the thread-starter here can remove what I wrote and apologize for claiming it as their own.

-Sarai

They DO give a great deal about what American's think of Israeli foreign policy. They NEED to be friends with the United States to continue receive funding from them. Think about it, if Mexican soldiers kidnapped 2 American soldiers, we would go in and try and get them back. Israel is simply not leaving any men behind. When did Israel attack Hamas? After they killed and kidnapped Israeli soldiers. Israel was acting against Hamas when Hezbollah, a terror organization, killed and kidnapped more Israeli soldiers. Israel can't just stand for that, so they struck back with (almost) everything they had. Hezbollah fired first, Israel has the right to defend itself. Israel has said MANY times it is not looking to topple Lebanon, it has pleaded with Lebanon to move its soldiers into southern Lebanon even before this crisis. Israel has made it extremely clear they are going to uproot Hezbollah as best they can.

The USS Liberty was the target of a "real" investigation. Israel made a mistake, its that simple. The events happened during the six day war where Israel was fighting for its survival as a nation. They flew thousands of sorties per day and had no intention of making an enemy, out of all people, the United States. That USS Liberty site you gave was VERY one sided, I could easily find you another website that supports what actually happened. If you want a moderate look, USS Liberty Incident.

"The USS Liberty was the target of a "real" investigation. Israel made a mistake, its that simple."

Simple... admit to it Israel. They have not, did not and will not. Until then, Israel is no friend of mine.

"The USS Liberty was the target of a "real" investigation. Israel made a mistake, its that simple."

Simple... admit to it Israel. They have not, did not and will not. Until then, Israel is no friend of mine.

Uhh, they did admit to it. They even paid the US $13 million for it.

Uhh, they did admit to it. They even paid the US $13 million for it.

Uhh, they did admit to sinking the ship... not that they were wrong! Also, that 13 million doesn't pay for the lives lost. Do you stick up for the UN soldiers killed yesterday by Israel the same way you try to defend the Liberty?

I'm sure they'll pay out 13 million to the UN families that lost their lives yesterday and NEVER admit to a mistake! Israel does not admit to mistakes... it just makes them!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.