WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

HAHA! Come on! 10 minutes and doesn't say anything??? SO glad to have him back...makes me want to watch RAW next week.

It was actually PERFECT....I'm gonna let you fools cheer and bask in me all night, and now I'm gonna kick you in the nuts next week (or after he wins the Royal Rumble), it was BRILLIANT

.....and personally I thought with all the lights on his jacket speaking into a live mike might have caused a chain reaction that would take down the building and orbiting space station in the process :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The past 2 days have given us the returns of the Undertaker, the Rock, HBK, Edge & Ric Flair (via HOF) and now.. Brock Lesnar to WWE TV. But really when you look back at the past year, you'll see the returns of Kane, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, and Bret Hart (sprinkle in the sporadic appearances of Hot Rod, DDP, Goldust, etc) just to name a few.

Now couple all this with the usual staples; Cena, Orton, HHH, Sheamus, Punk, Show, Henry, Khali.. in conjunction with the talent that's "right there" closing in on Top-Spot status.. ie; Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett, Zach Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del`Rio, Jack Swagger, Miz, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Ted DiBiase Jr. and probably a few others I'm forgetting. (not to mention the rumored returns of Rey Mysterio & Batista)

..is this the deepest WWE roster we've ever seen? :noclue:

Edited by Beezer34

The past 2 days have given us the returns of the Undertaker, the Rock, HBK, Edge & Ric Flair (via HOF) and now.. Brock Lesnar to WWE TV. But really when you look back at the past year, you'll see the returns of Kane, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, and Bret Hart (sprinkle in the sporadic appearances of Hot Rod, DDP, Goldust, etc) just to name a few.

Now couple all this with the usual staples; Cena, Orton, HHH, Sheamus, Punk, Show, Henry, Khali.. in conjunction with the talent that's "right there" closing in on Top-Spot status.. ie; Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett, Zach Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del`Rio, Jack Swagger, Miz, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Ted DiBiase Jr. and probably a few others I'm forgetting. (not to mention the rumored returns of Rey Mysterio & Batista)

The bolded statement's true, although some of those names thrown up there are just filler, since Hart, Flair, Edge, and HBK will never wrestle again (never say never on interviewing, but Flair is under TNA contract, and the other three have either been there done that or don't want to be on the road), Nash is probably done with the E for a while, Steve Austin may have one good match left, Khali is a spaceholder at best, and calling R-Truth and Ted DiBiase Jr "right there" is laughable.

But the point still holds...and you didn't even include the impending arrival or coming into form of Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero), Ryback The Terminator, Husky Harris (reborn in some creepy religious schtick), Brodus Clay, and Lord Tensai (A-Train). You really do have a deep roster capable of wrestling and carrying a story all at the same time.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

I think it's quite the opposite, they brought back the Rock and Brock Lesnar because this is one of the weakest rosters we have ever seen. Half the guys you mentioned are either done wrestling or wrestle once in a blue moon. They know they have a problem with not having anyone who is ready to be pushed into main event status. CM Punk, Cena and Orton are the only guys on the full time roster right now who sell anything and are able to get into the main event and Orton has been a bit stale over the last year. Guys who come in here and there like Jericho, HHH and Taker just prove that these other guys aren't ready to take a top spott yet. All the mid-card guys you listed haven't shown that they can take the main spot in this company. Look at miz, they gave him a shot and it really didn't work cause the interest just wasn't there.

It's going to be very interesting in the next 3 years when a lot of the current top roster guys start to get older and are about to move on.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• 2 weeks later...

To me the deepest modern era roster was that of the early 2000's when Flair, Steiner, HHH, Taker, Rock, Austin, Hogan, Nash...etc were all on the bill.

..not to forget that; Goldberg, Hall, Brock, Angle, Hardy, Benoit, Henning, Jericho, Kane, Booker, HBK, Foley, Goldust, Rikishi, Mysterio, Guerrero, DDP, Cena, Batista, Orton, Big Show, and the Dudley Boys were all on the 2003 roster too.

Good call. :thumbsup:

-------------------------------

EDIT: I almost forgot the best thing of that year.. the Road Warriors!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoaFBiPddHo

Edited by Beezer34

This is a really generous post.

No, its not the deepest. The deepest would be when Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker, the 3 tag teams (E&C, Hardyz, Dudleys), and Jericho were all at the top of their game and there all the time. I'd say around late 98-02. HHH was literally the best heel in the business at that time. Those guys could run the show and no one would've cared if they didnt get to see Scotty 2 Hotty. What I see now are 2-3 regulars (Cena, Punk, and Orton) who can sell out a building by themselves in certain locations. One of those 3 is a guy that the majority of the male fanbase hates. One is what I would call a "niche" superstar (Punk) who isn't universally popular, and the other (Orton) is a guy who probably would barely get out of the midcard in the late 90s. The rest of the roster I see as capable hands for the most part, but no one would care if any of them weren't on TV the next week. What we have now (besides the established guys) is a bunch of "superstars" who fill a role. There are no breakout stars that can be seen on the horizon at this moment.

Right now reminds me of WWE circa 95-98. Right before Attitude really broke. That doesn't mean we're going to get another break out like that, but it reminds me of the business. Arguably 96-98 the main WWE guys were HBK and Bret, and to a lesser extent, Kevin Nash as Diesel. None of those guys amounted to much of anything outside of wrestling and WWE was essentially in the pits.

As for your original point, I'd say that right now from top to bottom in terms of just in-ring talent is at a high, but deepest ever? Man, there was a time when places like Georgia Championship Wrestling and mid-80s WWF had a plethora of guys that are current hall of famers all over the roster in every level of the card. I think there is a limitation in naming now "deepest". They have a bunch of good utility players, but not the guy thats going to regularly put butts in the seats/pop a buyrate unless they bring back a guy (i.e. Rock) who has proven capable of doing it.

I also would say that I think the WWE has their heads up their asses in certain respects, but the WWE needs stars. They need them bad if their stock situation is any indication. Thats why Lesnar and Rock are being brought in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found cheap No Way Out tickets but it's within the nosebleeds of the Izod Center. Is it still worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-TIX-WWE-No-Way-Out-6-17-Continental-Airlines-Arena-Sect-244/260965304531?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item3cc2be88d3

You have to decide that for yourself really. Have you seen a show there before? It wholly depends on the card for me to decide on something like this and we have very little idea what the main event might be with all the various feuds going on. If you like the current product then Id say thats a good deal for PPV tix, I probably wouldnt do it unless the card is great. Tonight and tomorrow will give you an idea of where they're going with this show unless it doesnt matter to begin with.

I don't like sitting that far away from a wrestling ring, but I also don't like sitting too close. Worst experience Ive ever had with live wrestling is fifth row at a Raw. Too many signs and people acting like a$$holes trying to get on TV. It didnt help that it was a boring Raw that had two 20 minute promos between Cena/Batista and a JBL contract signing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there as well. It's always weird going back to the Meadowlands.

Yeah. I miss the memories and such, but damn, I don't miss the building itself or the traffic.

I was up in 209 (another thing I don't miss - the hike up 20 rows to the cheap seats). Considering it could have been an absolutely terrible PPV, it wasn't bad. Worth the $15 or so I spent on the ticket, anyway.

Yeah. I miss the memories and such, but damn, I don't miss the building itself or the traffic.

I was up in 209 (another thing I don't miss - the hike up 20 rows to the cheap seats). Considering it could have been an absolutely terrible PPV, it wasn't bad. Worth the $15 or so I spent on the ticket, anyway.

Ya those new parking decks, not the original one, sure made everything a real clusterfvck. I got there at like 7pm and wasn't parked until 7:30. Never had that issue before all that nonsense with xandu started.

Ppv was what I expected, the wwe/world/ic title matches were entertaining and everything else was medicore to bad.

ROH tomorrow night at the Manhattan Center. Jay Lethal is one of my cousin's childhood friends, so getting in on that with some perks. Never been to an event of theirs before.

You should have a good time. I won't be going today but I've been to many ROH events over the years. To me the price of their events is what makes it worth going to. You can get 3 hrs of pretty entertaining wrestling for usually prices as low as 15 to 20 bucks. Especially when you can compare that price to the same as a sh!tty 3d movie it makes the value even better.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The nostaglia campaign continues!!

WWE.jpg

..quite a month of June, if you were an oldschool fan from 15 years ago. Vader & Psycho Sid over the last 2 weeks leading up to the milestone RAW. This summer's starting to feel like 1997 instead of 2012.

I'd imagine we'll see them again next month @ the 1,000th (along with Hot Rod) for a conga-line parting shot(s) at the expense of Heath Slater.

Either way, I still marked out hard. :wub:

Edited by Beezer34

You should have a good time. I won't be going today but I've been to many ROH events over the years. To me the price of their events is what makes it worth going to. You can get 3 hrs of pretty entertaining wrestling for usually prices as low as 15 to 20 bucks. Especially when you can compare that price to the same as a sh!tty 3d movie it makes the value even better.

Yea, I had a great time for sure. I was able to go backstage and stuff which I had never experienced and it was very cool and some of it was unexpected. Met Maria and was shocked at how stunning she really is. Good show though and everyone worked their tail off.

The WWE really needs to start expanding the talent pool. If they had any real competition they would be history by now. Unbelievably boring lately with the same guys at the top. Kane and Big Show as top guys? Please.

Watch on youtube the IC title match between Razor Ramon and Rick Martel. Whatever happened to that?

Vince and HHH are terrible at running the show with no opposition