GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Clarkarounds

RangersSuck23

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henrique is terrible at breakaways and shootouts.

Go with guys who have actual dangle ability.  Tedenby, Brunner, Loktionov, and even Zidlicky should be chosen before Henrique.

Pete doesn't know defensemen are allowed to take a shootout attempt, or at least it seems that way.  Zidlicky actually has had some success in the shootout in the past, you wouldn't know it cause he's never used by us though.  

Kessels goal should never have happened as well... It was a terrible call by the ref.

Yea but that goal could have happened 5 on 5 too.

But "7" is off his rocker if he thinks the Devils didn't deserve at least a point.  IMO, the Devils were the better team.  Leafs fans would agree.

The shootout is a microcosm of the skill level of this team. While the SO is 50/50 and even great players aren't great at it, it shows how little skill they have. No hands. Ryder looked like he gave half a sh!t. 

I consider this game a shutout anyway. Without a gift, they'd be shutout again. It's pathetic. 

I can't stand the shootout, even when we had Kovy and were getting the wins. I'm just not a fan at all.

I would rather see a 10 min OT 4 on 4 and a 5 min 3 on 3.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

It's not like they're going to win in OT either, the way that they treat them.   I mean Zubrus doesn't belong anywhere near a 4 on 4 with his rotting speed.

It's not like they're going to win in OT either, the way that they treat them. I mean Zubrus doesn't belong anywhere near a 4 on 4 with his rotting speed.

Im not saying they would...I would just like to see more play instead of the shootout.

The shootout is a microcosm of the skill level of this team. While the SO is 50/50 and even great players aren't great at it, it shows how little skill they have. No hands. Ryder looked like he gave half a sh!t. 

I consider this game a shutout anyway. Without a gift, they'd be shutout again. It's pathetic. 

The problem is our skilled guys are unproven or old.  Elias, Zidlicky, and Jagr are proven, but they're a combined 79 years old.  We also have guys like Tedenby, Brunner, Loktionov, and Josefson who all have skill.  But they don't have a track record.

It's ending the same way. They couldn't counter a failed 3 on 1 with all 3 below the circle

I would still rather see more hockey played instead of a skills competition...just my opinion.

Like I said...even when we were hot in the shootout I wasn't a fan.