270 replies to this topic

#241 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Let's see if I can do an ayl-style preview justice for all of 'two' games this weekend:

#3 Wack MC's (8-5, 1276.24 points) vs. #6 Waiver Wire Whining (7-6, 1275.58 points)

Wack MC's comes into the game with a 3-3 record in their last six games, after a 5-2 start that provided enough cushion to earn the #3 seed while Waiver Wire Whining rallied from a 4-5 record to make the playoffs with three straight wins, narrowly missing a fourth straight and an unlikely bye week despite scoring nearly 130 points in their last game. Currently Wack MC's is listed as an 18.57 point favorite based on current lineups but it was Waiver Wire Whining who won the two previous matchups this season - a 16.52 point win on Opening Day and an 8.72 point win in the penultimate week of the season. Wack MC's strength is the QB position, where he has current starter Andy Dalton and backup Matthew Stafford with 240+ fantasy points each this season, RB Marshawn Lynch with 160.7 points and the Denver D/ST with 156 points this season while WWW has fantasy MVP candidate RGIII with 300.9 points on the season. Other key WWW starters include WR Calvin Johnson with 174.8 points on the season and RB Frank Gore with 152.7 points, as well as recent fantasy sensation RB Bryce Brown with 59.2 fantasy points in his two starts for the Eagles.

The winner will face #2 New Jersey Swamps (8-5, 1426.08 points) in the next round with Wack MC's owning a Week 3 win over the higher seed 76.22-70.12 in one of the lowest-scoring games of the season, while Waiver Wire Whining lost two close regular season games to the Swamps in higher-scoring contests by totals of 105.24-96.44 and 134.22-129.82 in Weeks 2 and 13.

#4 Sworn Defenders (7-6, 1296.6 points) vs. #5 DR (7-6, 1287.44 points)

Sworn Defenders enters the postseason as arguably the hottest team, rallying from a 2-5 start to win five of their last six games, including a narrow 88.4-85.3 victory over Big Blue in what amounted to a play-in game for both teams during the final week of the regular season. One of the earlier losses was to DR by a score of 133.7-98.2 in Week 3, the teams' only matchup this season. Currently Sworn Defenders is listed as a 16.18 point favorite by current starting lineups and the #4 seed is led by a dynamic RB duo of Arian Foster (213.9 FP on the season) and Doug Martin (208 FP), as well as early-season MVP candidate QB Matt Ryan (251.9 FP). While Sworn Defenders is on an uptick, DR comes into the playoffs struggling with losses in three of their last four after a 6-3 start, scoring below 90 points in each the last six games of the season. DR's key players are QB Drew Brees (291.56 FP) and WR A.J.Green (176.5 FP), though his RB core is still reeling from the injury to starter Willis McGahee (113.2 FP), lost for the season three weeks ago.

The winner will face top-seeded Dynamo Nation (9-4, 1383.86) in the next round. If Sworn Defenders win this week, they'll be looking to avenge a 172.68-91.1 beatdown in Week 5 at the hands of the top seed. DR also lost their only game to Dynamo Nation in Week 7, but the score was much closer in a 94.52-92.38 decision.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#242 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Let's see if I can do an ayl-style preview justice for all of 'two' games this weekend:

Ayl approved.
Nice read!

Edited by aylbert, 05 December 2012 - 09:40 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#243 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

I tried really hard to get AP this year; but Hasan wouldn't give the pick up :)

I also made attempts to move up to try AP in this league. I was able to grab him in my money league with the 23rd pick.

... But an aging, injury prone risk taking scrambling QB with a sh!tty offensive line didn't leave the fan base with much optimism other than the blinded Vick supporters.

One of which I got a c-note off of with the crumbling failure of a season they put up. :lock:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#244 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

So far squeezing out that bye looks huge for me, I would have been in deep s*it against ayl and his junk-time scoring, even with AP lighting it up again.

I could just as easily lose next week, but at least with the bye I only have two shots to get fvcked as opposed to three :lol: And it buys a little more time for Gronk to hopefully heal up. Philly's short week this week hurts my chances of seeing McCoy again this season though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 December 2012 - 04:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#245 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Marshawn Lynch quite literally put the team on his back today. The only reason I'm currently winning my matchup

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#246 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

So far squeezing out that bye looks huge for me, I would have been in deep s*it against ayl and his junk-time scoring, even with AP lighting it up

Don't jinx me. I still have Foster +46 vs Welker. :)
I swear, my team is feast/famine. Hopefully it's feast from here on out.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#247 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Don't jinx me. I still have Foster +46 vs Welker. :)
I swear, my team is feast/famine. Hopefully it's feast from here on out.

I just meant I would have had to play you in the first round if I'd lost the last week of the season, and my starting lineup didn't get anywhere close to your 110+Foster this week. Different than last year when I scored 170+ against the bye :lol:

But yeah, you and RSC are through...with you playing red and me playing RSC in the AP/Marshawn special (both involved in that big draft trade).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 December 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#248 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Gotta love everything coming full circle and creating NJDevs fantasy playoff drama.

In my money league, I have Marshawn as well, and the guy I'm playing has AP. Marshawn edged him out by a single point, so hopefully he can do that this week as well

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#249 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hopefully Last night got Hernandez on a hot streak, I've been winning w/ virtually no pts from the TE position all year, would be a nice change if he gets hot...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#250 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

And we're now in the Final Four, conference Finals, whatever you want to call it:

#4 Sworn Defenders (8-6) vs. #1 Dynamo Nation (9-4), current line Sworn Defenders -19.76 points

Sworn Defenders comes into this game still hot, fresh off a 55.92 win over DR in the first round of the playoffs last week for their sixth win in seven weeks, while top-seeded Dynamo Nation enjoyed a bye. Remarkably, the Yahoo! line has the lower-seeded Defenders listed as a nearly 20-point favorite but Dynamo Nation scored 87.26 total points more during the regular season. Going into the game Sworn Defenders' biggest advantage on paper is at the RB position, with Doug Martin (21 projected points) and Arian Foster (23.83) going against Trent Richardson (13.18) and Alfred Morris (10.33). Dynamo's biggest edge is team balance, as every starter outside of kicker and defense is projected for double digit points, although having All-Pro D Bears de-clawed by injuries hurts.

Key matchup within the matchup: Dynamo will need his Giants defense (8.74 PP) to keep Defenders' QB Matt Ryan (22.63 PP) in check.

Key injuries: Defenders - WR2 Dez Bryant (questionable with a serious finger injury), Dynamo - K Robbie Gould (out for season), DEF Bears (multiple players on the shelf)

#3 Wack MC's (9-5) vs. #2 New Jersey Swamps (8-5), current line Wack MC's -1.35 points

Wack MC's is coming off a 16.62 point win over Waiver Wire Whining in the first round, while Swamps also enjoyed a bye that wasn't certain till the final minutes of the final Week 13 game. Yahoo! has this as a virtual pick 'em game, based on the meager line. Swamps did outscore Wack MC's by 149.84 points during the regular season but due to injuries, dissapointments and coach's decisions Swamps is currently starting five waiver wire pickups, while Wack MC's lineup has largely remained intact, though RB2 Ahmad Bradshaw (9.28 PP) is questionable for this week. Swamps' biggest edge is having fantasy MVP candidate Adrian Peterson (20.77 PP) on their side as AP leads all RB's in scoring this season with only one single-digit game, while Wack MC's strength is having a motivated Marshawn Lynch (14.46 PP) going back to Buffalo to face a bad run defense this week. To add intrigue to a star matchup, both RB1's were essentially traded for each other in a big draft deal. While AP has the season points edge, Wack MC's can get the last laugh with a win this week.

Key matchup within the matchup: Besides the AP/Marshawn showdown, the Detroit-Arizona game has implications for both teams. Will Arizona be able to force the Lions to rely on Swamps K Jason Hanson (10.63 PP) field goals or will Wack MC's QB Matt Stafford (17.92 PP) have a field day with multiple TD's against the now-hopeless Cardinals? Perhaps both will happen.

Key injuries: Wack MC's RB2 Ahmad Bradshaw (questionable - foot/knee), Swamps RB LeSean McCoy (out - concussion) and TE Rob Gronkowski (out - broken forearm)

Edited by NJDevs4978, 12 December 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#251 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

#4 Sworn Defenders (8-6) vs. #1 Dynamo Nation (9-4), current line Sworn Defenders -19.76 points

Sworn Defenders comes into this game still hot, fresh off a 55.92 win over DR in the first round of the playoffs last week for their sixth win in seven weeks, while top-seeded Dynamo Nation enjoyed a bye. Remarkably, the Yahoo! line has the lower-seeded Defenders listed as a nearly 20-point favorite but Dynamo Nation scored 87.26 total points more during the regular season. Going into the game Sworn Defenders' biggest advantage on paper is at the RB position, with Doug Martin (21 projected points) and Arian Foster (23.83) going against Trent Richardson (13.18) and Alfred Morris (10.33). Dynamo's biggest edge is team balance, as every starter outside of kicker and defense is projected for double digit points, although having All-Pro D Bears de-clawed by injuries hurts.

Key matchup within the matchup: Dynamo will need his Giants defense (8.74 PP) to keep Defenders' QB Matt Ryan (22.63 PP) in check.

Key injuries: Defenders - WR2 Dez Bryant (questionable with a serious finger injury), Dynamo - K Robbie Gould (out for season), DEF Bears (multiple players on the shelf)

Thanks for the write up!

I'm likely benching Bryant... I have almost no RB depth (with just Tate as my injured? handcuff; and Bell my waiver pickup for the week); but WR; I'm set with Boldin, Crabtree and Hilton on the bench to fill in. I'm likely going with Boldin coming off a 14 and 19 pts the past two weeks.

And don't get me started on projections... lol
Since week 10 I've been posting huge projected leads with mixed actual results.

w1: +6 win
w2: +3 loss
w3: +20 loss
w4: +14 loss
w5: -1 loss (against Dynamo's 173pts)
w6: +17 win
w7: -5 loss
w8: -9 won (and that week I won by 23... go figure)
w9: -5 won
w10: +26 won
w11: +35 lost (by 20 WTF)
w12: +20 won
w13: +31 won (by 3)
w14: +18 won

Edited by aylbert, 13 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#252 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for the write up!

I'm likely benching Bryant... I have almost no RB depth (with just Tate as my injured? handcuff; and Bell my waiver pickup for the week); but WR; I'm set with Boldin, Crabtree and Hilton on the bench to fill in. I'm likely going with Boldin coming off a 14 and 19 pts the past two weeks.

And don't get me started on projections... lol
Since week 10 I've been posting huge projected leads with mixed actual results.

w1: +6 win
w2: +3 loss
w3: +20 loss
w4: +14 loss
w5: -1 loss (against Dynamo's 173pts)
w6: +17 win
w7: -5 loss
w8: -9 won (and that week I won by 23... go figure)
w9: -5 won
w10: +26 won
w11: +35 lost (by 20 WTF)
w12: +20 won
w13: +31 won (by 3)
w14: +18 won

Coming into the payoffs I didnot expect to have to replace my kicker & def who have been huge for me all year..

The two biggest things for me is Gint D shutting down Ryan and Hernandez having a Huge week, if that happens I should be OK....
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#253 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Its coming down to what Hernandez does tonight. Benching Bryant (at least a TD and some yards) for Boldin (goose egg) might have cost me a win tonight.

Good luck Red! but I hope ai win a close one

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#254 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

And the other game's coming down to Ridley (with currently about +3) vs. Gostkowski after my own late rally....guess Semifinal Sunday lived up to its billing after all. For your sake and mine I hope Ridley gets most of the Pat offensive production tonight lol

My production's been so top-heavy this week too...Romo, AP and the Bengals D = 78.44 points, the other five starters so far = 16.8 points

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 December 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#255 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Looks like my luck ran out.
Good luck Red in the finals!

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#256 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I think me and ayl are going to start a Fantasy Football rehab club after tonight :P Although it gets less surprising every year this happens with my team. Two straight years with the highest-scoring team and not a single playoff win to show for it.

The comical part is right when I turned the Pats game on after Dexter/Homeland, Ridley was getting stuffed at the one-inch line on third and goal. I smacked my palm on my forehead and knew I was done. Oh well...good luck to red and RSC.

#257 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I think me and ayl are going to start a Fantasy Football rehab club after tonight :P Although it gets less surprising every year this happens with my team. Two straight years with the highest-scoring team and not a single playoff win to show for it.

The comical part is right when I turned the Pats game on after Dexter/Homeland, Ridley was getting stuffed at the one-inch line on third and goal. I smacked my palm on my forehead and knew I was done. Oh well...good luck to red and RSC.

It's your curse... I swear. I wasn't even going to swap WR until I read your write up :) And of course, all my WR's do well, except the one I chose to roll with.
If I stole a victory posting two ZEROS and a 1.0 from my D; and Martin not much better... wow.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#258 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

lol it was known Dez was going to play from like Thursday or Friday (I wrote it up Wednesday when there was still some doubt). It was just a question how effective he'd be or how long he'd last, which was a big question. I might have just gone down with Dez, the way I went down with Reggie Wayne who I had a bad feeling about, but there wasn't any way I was going to bench him with the fact he's been solid and with how dissapointing Austin and especially Jennings have been this year.

The comical part is 2/3 of my lineup had 17.1 points...and I still would have won if I'd played your team, or red's. But sometimes that's going to happen when you have to count on so many waiver pickups. At least I had the sense to put Romo back in, I thought Palmer would light up the Chiefs :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 December 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#259 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

After I got 18 pys from manning & Thomas combined I thought I was Done, add in a goose egg from the friggin Gints "D" and i was ready to throw a brick through the wall.

In all honesty I went to bad at half time last night assuming I lost...Shocked when i awoke today.

Looks Like Gints "D" is Benched, and i guess I need to seriously consider benching manning and pllaying Wilson...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#260 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

lol it was known Dez was going to play from like Thursday or Friday (I wrote it up Wednesday when there was still some doubt). It was just a question how effective he'd be or how long he'd last, which was a big question. I might have just gone down with Dez, the way I went down with Reggie Wayne who I had a bad feeling about, but there wasn't any way I was going to bench him with the fact he's been solid and with how dissapointing Austin and especially Jennings have been this year.

The comical part is 2/3 of my lineup had 17.1 points...and I still would have won if I'd played your team, or red's. But sometimes that's going to happen when you have to count on so many waiver pickups. At least I had the sense to put Romo back in, I thought Palmer would light up the Chiefs :lol:

I'm not actually blaming you. I'm very much a set it; and leave it be guy.
So once I switched away from Bryant, I wasn't going to go back and fourth on my WR's.... it was done.

You were just the catalyst of my change :) I

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users