2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Oh no! Jets fans who didn't agree with criticism of the Jets (justly so criticism at that) told me to leave! I better run. Please. I do not like the Jets, but I can assess sports/teams through an unbiased eye. People got upset when I pointed out that they squeaked out miracle wins vs bad teams. Tough luck, it is what it is. You clearly are extremely biased for the Jets when just the mention of players leaving causes you to go into a complete lunatic rage. Don't worry, the Jets may make it to the AFC Championship game again next year.....

LOL.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"unbiased eye".. you're too funny.

Meanwhile your posting Steelers towels to ruffle feathers.

You're so pathetic it it's beyond comical. You got 19 UFA's on your team, and you come in here dancing about the Jets. Get a life.

For someone that roots for a team with 3 Championships, it's puzzling why you have this inferiority complex.

..what's the matter? It's no fun talking to yourself in the Giants thread? ;)

Edited by Beezer34

LOL.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"unbiased eye".. you're too funny.

Meanwhile your posting Steelers towels to ruffle feathers.

You're so pathetic it it's beyond comical. You got 19 UFA's on your team, and you come in here dancing about the Jets. Get a life.

For someone that roots for a team with 3 Championships, it's puzzling why you have this inferiority complex.

..what's the matter? It's no fun talking to yourself in the Giants thread? ;)

I can be unbiased. Once you start crying an ocean of tears I decided to suggest some items that may absorb that moisture for you. Again, WHERE WAS THE DANCING ABOUT THE JETS?!? This is what I was talking about how you are completely delusional- a mere post stating that "The Jets may lose some players" or something along those lines is interpreted by you as people running around with "agendas" and celebrating. I have said multiple times and it does not seem to register in your brain- They may be better or worse next year. It all depends on what they do. They will likely upgrade some positions and possibly downgrade others.

EDIT: Once again like clockwork, when you have nothing of value to say you just start talking about topics that are irrelevant. You brought the Giants into the conversation, I did not.....

Edited by ThreeCups

I can be unbiased. Once you start crying an ocean of tears I decided to suggest some items that may absorb that moisture for you. Again, WHERE WAS THE DANCING ABOUT THE JETS?!? This is what I was talking about how you are completely delusional- a mere post stating that "The Jets may lose some players" or something along those lines is interpreted by you as people running around with "agendas" and celebrating. I have said multiple times and it does not seem to register in your brain- They may be better or worse next year. It all depends on what they do. They will likely upgrade some positions and possibly downgrade others.

#1. You couldn't be unbiased regarding the Jets if you fvcking tried. You absolutely have your agenda, and try as best as you may.. everyone see's it clear as day.

#2. No one's crying, except your pride. I'm just fed up with your bullsh!t.. and now you're trying to backpedal yourself into being right, when you were 100% off the mark.

You called me a delusional fan, for not agreeing with the "overhaul" comment, and then start talking out of your ass. THAT's when I stepped in.. because half of what you said, isn't even true.

You said Harris, Cromartie, Holmes, & Smith are all UFA's. FALSE. They are all RFA's, and when I proved it.. you simply played dumb.

You also said (via text) yesterday, that Jason Taylor is a UFA. Again false.

If you're going to come in here, and talk Jets football, at least know what the fvck it is your talking about, before opening you mouth.

People like you, think they know so much when it comes to sports.. and the reality is just the opposite.

..but yeah, if you want to keep speculating on the Jets roster.. be my guest.

You're other lofty predictions have faired so well this season.

WHO WILL GO FURTHER IN THE PLAYOFFS, THE JETS OR GIANTS. ANYONE UP FOR MY BET?!

The Jets will get in the playoffs, and then be swiftly ousted in their first game.

Gonna be a rough second half for them I think.

PREDICTION: Vikings 27 Jets 24

--------------------------------

EDIT: Relevant to the conversation?? :giggle: You mean like debating percentages of topics discussed?

Edited by Beezer34

I think Sanchez as earned league wide respect, in being considered a clutch quarterback.

In 2 short years, he has lead the Jets to 2 Championship games.. and has won a total of 20 regular season games to boot. No one in NFL history has more playoff road wins than Sanchez, and despite not winning a Superbowl.. I think that should go a long way in how he's viewed.

If a guy like Matt Ryan is called "Matty Ice".. Sanchez should be considered; Sanch-arctica!

Sanchez's stock is high right now...he had a strong playoff, and overall has been a much better QB in the postseason in his short career.

The defense has had a bit more to do with the Jets winning those 20 regular season games than Sanchez. His regular season numbers:

2009-10: 196 Comp, 364 Att, 53.8%, 2444 yrds, 12 TD, 20 INT, 63.0 rating

2010-11: 278 Comp, 507 Att, 54.8%, 3291 yrds, 17 TD, 13 INT, 75.3 rating

He'll never have a year like his rookie year...the guy was thrust into a starting role right away, so it would make sense that he'd have growing pains and unimpressive numbers. My point was more that he can't have a repeat of least year's overall regular season performance...if he puts up similar numbers to last season, the Jets aren't getting a #1 or #2 seed. They need him to take another step.

His numbers come playoff time are a whole different story:

6 games: 95 Comp, 157 Att, 60.5%, 1155 yards, 9 TD, 3 INT, 94.3 rating

THIS is more where he needs to be over the course of the regular season next year.

Sanchez's stock is high right now...he had a strong playoff, and overall has been a much better QB in the postseason in his short career.

The defense has had a bit more to do with the Jets winning those 20 regular season games than Sanchez. His regular season numbers:

2009-10: 196 Comp, 364 Att, 53.8%, 2444 yrds, 12 TD, 20 INT, 63.0 rating

2010-11: 278 Comp, 507 Att, 54.8%, 3291 yrds, 17 TD, 13 INT, 75.3 rating

He'll never have a year like his rookie year...the guy was thrust into a starting role right away, so it would make sense that he'd have growing pains and unimpressive numbers. My point was more that he can't have a repeat of least year's overall regular season performance...if he puts up similar numbers to last season, the Jets aren't getting a #1 or #2 seed. They need him to take another step.

His numbers come playoff time are a whole different story:

6 games: 95 Comp, 157 Att, 60.5%, 1155 yards, 9 TD, 3 INT, 94.3 rating

THIS is more where he needs to be over the course of the regular season next year.

..he may never win a Superbowl, but I feel very confident as a fan with Sanchez @ the helm.

When you look at him, and the 3 QB's the Jets had before him since 1998 (Favre, Pennington, Testeverde) I think it's easy to see, he's got the highest upside.

#1. You couldn't be unbiased regarding the Jets if you fvcking tried. You absolutely have your agenda, and try as best as you may.. everyone see's it clear as day.

#2. No one's crying, except your pride. I'm just fed up with your bullsh!t.. and now you're trying to backpedal yourself into being right, when you were 100% off the mark.

You called me a delusional fan, for not agreeing with the "overhaul" comment, and then start talking out of your ass. THAT's when I stepped in.. because half of what you said, isn't even true.

You said Harris, Cromartie, Holmes, & Smith are all UFA's. FALSE. They are all RFA's, and when I proved it.. you simply played dumb.

You also said (via text) yesterday, that Jason Taylor is a UFA. Again false.

If you're going to come in here, and talk Jets football, at least know what the fvck it is your talking about, before opening you mouth.

People like you, think they know so much when it comes to sports.. and the reality is just the opposite.

..but yeah, if you want to keep speculating on the Jets roster.. be my guest.

You're other lofty predictions have faired so well this season.

--------------------------------

EDIT: Relevant to the conversation?? :giggle: You mean like debating percentages of topics discussed?

I have no agenda, I just enjoy pointing out the painful facts that you choose to ignore as you put your fingers in your eyes and repeatedly yell "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" You IDIOT, I posted the thing about the UFAs/RFAs based ON A LINK YOU POSTED!! There is no "playing dumb"... For the 100th time......if the info was INCORRECT on the link you posted, then so be it. I also never said Taylor was a UFA, nice try. This is further evidence of what happens when you are slain. Yesterday you tried to tell me that almost the whole team was going to be back and "who is a free agent?" Meanwhile is a list a quarter mile long of names. I know, I know. If you lose <INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE> you will say "No big deal, we have <INSERT OTHER PLAYER NAME HERE>" It's just comical that you sing the praises of these players, but minimize the impact if you lose them. Here is one prediction I was right on: THE JETS DID NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL! Huh?!? Forgot about that one?!? You, your fellow fans and your fatass coach opened your mouth. Now deal with the consequences. "A toast to the 2010 Super Bowl Champion New York Jets." LMAO

EDIT:

Edited by ThreeCups

I have no agenda, I just enjoy pointing out the painful facts that you choose to ignore as you put your fingers in your eyes and repeatedly yell "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" You IDIOT, I posted the thing about the UFAs/RFAs based ON A LINK YOU POSTED!! There is no "playing dumb"... For the 100th time......if the info was INCORRECT on the link you posted, then so be it. I also never said Taylor was a UFA, nice try. This is further evidence of what happens when you are slain. Yesterday you tried to tell me that almost the whole team was going to be back and "who is a free agent?" Meanwhile is a list a quarter mile long of names. I know, I know. If you lose <INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE> you will say "No big deal, we have <INSERT OTHER PLAYER NAME HERE>" It's just comical that you sing the praises of these players, but minimize the impact if you lose them. Here is one prediction I was right on: THE JETS DID NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL! Huh?!? Forgot about that one?!? You, your fellow fans and your fatass coach opened your mouth. Now deal with the consequences. "A toast to the 2010 Super Bowl Champion New York Jets." LMAO

..there's no consequence to deal with. You pointed out nothing!!

You speculated on the players you thought the Jets would either; have trouble resigning.. or cut! When I pointed out why most of it didn't make sense, you insisted based on nothing! The "quarter mile long list of names" your ranting about, is pretty much 50% starters.. and 50% misc. This stuff happens every year to football teams.

I already told you.. on an average, there are 13-17 free agents EVERY TEAM has EVERY SEASON in the league. The Jets have 19 free agents this season.. 15 last season.. 18 the season before that.. and they've had a winning record every year. You're making a bigger deal out of this, because you're a hater.

You then claimed that 'I freaked out' at the notion of the Jets losing a player.. when you yourself have done the same.

Let's say the Jets resign Braylon, and sacrifice Santonio.. then go out and acquire a Kiwanuka\Ngata type player with the money they saved on Holmes. Isn't that worth it?

You are NOT getting Kiwanuka. Lookup "franchise tag" and you will learn why.

The guy who's name keeps popping up is Kiwanuka. At 27 years old, Mathias is a steal. He's an absolute animal at getting to the QB, and he can read offenses better than anyone the Jets have now.

Keep dreaming. He will work out a new deal with the G-Men. If not, he will get franchise tagged.

..you're a fool, and a clown. Pwn'ing you had become as easy as it gets.

fvck off!!!

Edited by Beezer34

..there's no consequence to deal with. You pointed out nothing!!

You speculated on the players you thought the Jets would either; have trouble resigning.. or cut! When I pointed out why most of it didn't make sense, you insisted based on nothing! The "quarter mile long list of names" your ranting about, is pretty much 50% starters.. and 50% misc. This stuff happens every year to football teams.

I already told you.. on an average, there are 13-17 free agents EVERY TEAM has EVERY SEASON in the league. The Jets have 19 free agents this season.. 15 last season.. 18 the season before that.. and they've had a winning record every year. You're making a bigger deal out of this, because you're a hater.

You then claimed that 'I freaked out' at the notion of the Jets losing a player.. when you yourself have done the same.

..you're a fool, and a clown. Pwn'ing you had become as easy as it gets.

fvck off!!!

OMG! You "pwn'ed" me. I really feel bad for how pathetic you really are. You have been slapped yet again. 1. When I said there was going to be some changes you adamantly stated that there were very few free agents. This is FALSE. RFA/UFA, either way. Some guys are gonna be leaving. What did you point out? Why doesn't some of them leaving make sense? Yes every year teams deal with free agency, but the names on the Jets' list this particular offseason is pretty eyepopping. AGAIN...Read this slowly...very slowly...I never said the Jets were going to suck or anything like that, I just pointed out the fact that changes were going to be made. I didn't "freak out" by any means about MK; I just thought it was comical that he (just like every other big name free agent in your opinion) was a done deal to the Jets.

Edited by ThreeCups

OMG! You "pwn'ed" me. I really feel bad for how pathetic you really are. You have been slapped yet again. 1. When I said there was going to be some changes you adamantly stated that there were very few free agents. This is FALSE. RFA/UFA, either way. Some guys are gonna be leaving. What did you point out? Why doesn't some of them leaving make sense? Yes every year teams deal with free agency, but the names on the Jets' list this particular offseason is pretty eyepopping. AGAIN...Read this slowly...very slowly...I never said the Jets were going to suck or anything like that, I just pointed out the fact that changes were going to be made. I didn't "freak out" by any means about MK; I just thought it was comical that he (just like every other big name free agent in your opinion) was a done deal to the Jets.

I never said there were a few free agents. I said; "many would be resigned.. with a few let go"

..I gotta admit. At first I continued this charade for difference of opinion. Now I'm not backing down one bit.. to prove a point.

That you can not rest until you get the last word!! :rofl:

This has simply become a denial game on your part.. filled with recycled nonsense, over and over again.

Let's see how long this can go.

Continue making a fool out of yourself.

Edited by Beezer34

I never said there were a few free agents. I said; "many would be resigned.. with a few let go"

..I gotta admit. At first I continued this charade for difference of opinion. Now I'm not backing down one bit.. to prove a point.

That you can not rest until you get the last word!! :rofl:

Let's see how long this can go.

Continue making a fool out of yourself.

Sorry, it doesn't work like that little girl....

I know your seething that your team fell short yet again, but no need for tantrums. You still think Sanchez is better than Aaron Rodgers?

:rofl:

Edited by ThreeCups

Sorry, it doesn't work like that little girl....

I know your seething that your team fell short yet again, but no need for tantrums. You still think Sanchez is better than Aaron Rodgers?

:rofl:

It's tough to be exposed as a last word clown aint it? :uni: Are you bustin a gut inside?

..this is fun. Let's see now, it's my turn again..

okay okay.. You're a clown, and a troll, and the Giants suck. :giggle:

Edited by Beezer34

my turn again..

..you still think the Giants are the best team in the NFC?

Good one! The HUGE, MONUMENTAL difference is that at one point this season a lot of analysts/writers etc. thought the Giants were one of the/the best team in the NFC. NOBODY except for you (and maybe a handful of the Jets most extreme homers; possibly Fireman Ed?) ever thought that Sanchez is better than Rodgers.....

Edited by ThreeCups

Good one! The HUGE, MONUMENTAL difference is that at one point this season a lot of analysts/writers etc. thought the Giants were one of the/the best team in the NFC. NOBODY except for you (and maybe a handful of the Jets most extreme homers; possibly Fireman Ed?) ever thought that Sanchez is better than Rodgers.....

The Giants were never better than the Jets at any point of the season.. except in the minds of Giant fans.

..and you're still a troll, and a clown, and a last word whore. :cheers:

The Giants were never better than the Jets at any point of the season.. except in the minds of Giant fans.

..and you're still a troll, and a clown, and a last word whore. :cheers:

I disagree with that, but that is irrelevant now. I will leave you with this:

GiantsSuperBowlRing1.jpg

Come talk to me when Marky Mark has one of these.....

• Like 1

I disagree with that, but that is irrelevant now. I will leave you with this:

GiantsSuperBowlRing1.jpg

Come talk to me when Marky Mark has one of these.....

okay... i sure will...

:whistling:

BUT.. you're still a clown.. and a troll.. and a last word whore.

its-your-turn-now.jpg

• 1 month later...

i dunno big beez. looks like the transition hasalready begun. jt, vernon, jenkins, and woody all released!!

There's no transition.. these moves were made to save money. Taylor & Jenkins will both be back next season, just with a lighter paycheck.

The Jets have already offered Jenkins a 1 year deal for 2.5 million.. he was making nearly 6 last season.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/wesley_sykes/?p=671

..and as far as Taylor goes, he's already gone on record in saying; *A. "He wants to continue playing next season." *B. he; "only wants to play for the Jets." and *C. he; "understands that the Jets releasing him was purely financial, and he's fine with that."

By releasing these 4 players, the Jets saved themselves 24 million dollars. They won't resign Gholston or Woody.. but they will resign both Jason Taylor & Kris Jenkins, probably for about 3½ million combined. Which is great, considering they were making close to 10 last season!

---------

EDIT: I also noticed how you left out: LT coming back next year for Gang Green. Wonder who called that one? :whistling:

Edited by Beezer34

• 4 months later...

Might as well morph this into the 2011-2012 thread for the Jets...some of the going ons thus far

- Santonio Holmes re-signs with the Jets

- Jets in heavy pursuit of Nnamdi Asomugha

- Looks like they'll be parting ways with Braylon Edwards...may be taking a chance on Randy Moss to replace him as a deep threat.

Might as well morph this into the 2011-2012 thread for the Jets...some of the going ons thus far

- Santonio Holmes re-signs with the Jets

- Jets in heavy pursuit of Nnamdi Asomugha

- Looks like they'll be parting ways with Braylon Edwards...may be taking a chance on Randy Moss to replace him as a deep threat.

"7": How can they afford Holmes AND be in heavy pursuit of Asomugh? I thought they were at the cap with several others to sign.

"7": How can they afford Holmes AND be in heavy pursuit of Asomugh? I thought they were at the cap with several others to sign.

This year, holmes will only count 2.4 mil against the cap (nice job by tanenbaum in structuring the deal) plus you have sanchez restructuring his deal, brad smith likely leaving, damien woody retiring as well as kris jenkins coming off the books, and braylon edwards leaving (with his replacement earning less of course...probably far less, so that will mean no Randy Moss

Thats still probably not enough...but i never count out Tanenbaum and his ability to manipulate the cap

Edited by '7'