Half Devils/Half Politics Poll

Daniel

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you care more about?

• Devils re-signing Parise
    • Supreme Court Health Care Decision

Sorry, there's no middle ground here. You either care about the Devils over everything or you're some pinko-commie Ranger fan.

:lol:

I think a key difference between the two is that Devils fans fully understand (or think they understand) the impact that keeping or losing Parise will have on them. We don't know as well what the impact of this SCOTUS decision will be or would have been had it gone the other way.

I voted Parise because we already know what the Supreme Court decision will be

Looks like it was upheld, 5-4.

Looks like I will have to pay more money for my health insurance. Thanks Obama. Can't wait to vote you out in November.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

BTW, the NHL gets a shout out in one of the SCOTUS decisions handed down today:

Lying was his habit. Xavier Alvarez, the respondent here, lied when he said that he played hockey for the Detroit Red Wings and that he once married a starlet from Mexico. But when he lied in announcing he held the Congressional Medal of Honor, respondent ventured onto new ground; for that lie violates a federal criminal statute, the Stolen Valor Act of 2005. 18 U. S. C. §704.

BTW, the NHL gets a shout out in one of the SCOTUS decisions handed down today:

Oh, that Stolen Valor case. Interesting.

Given all of the reference sites about them, I wonder why any person would lie and claim that they played major professional sports (let alone a Hispanic guy saying that he played hockey).

Stolen Valor....sounds funny at first but is realy pretty despicable.

I picked Parise. When ObamaCare was introduced my premiums went through the roof, and my deductibles did as well. When we had our 10 year old back a few days after 9/11, out total out of pocket was $100 for the hospital and doctors, etc. A guy on my team at work had a child a month ago, and his out of pocket was just under 5 grand.

Looks like it was upheld, 5-4.

Looks like I will have to pay more money for my health insurance. Thanks Obama. Can't wait to vote you out in November.

How is it that Obamacare will make insurance more expensive for you? The idea is that by expanding the pool of people buying insurance, especially since you're forcing younger, more healthy people to buy insurance, that it will bring the average cost of insurance down. This is based on a wealth of information gathered from other country's universal healthcare policies.

How is it that Obamacare will make insurance more expensive for you? The idea is that by expanding the pool of people buying insurance, especially since you're forcing younger, more healthy people to buy insurance, that it will bring the average cost of insurance down. This is based on a wealth of information gathered from other country's universal healthcare policies.

That's in theory. We all know nice theories often lead to bad execution, especially when the government is involved.

Also go ask how Greece, France and Spain with their entitlement systems that include universal health care.

Ok I'm done now. This really belongs now in the politics forum as Daniel pointed out before.

The Tan Tax: Since July 2010, tanning bed users have been burned by a 10 percent tax hike that will stay put now that Obamacare's been upheld. While it doesn't apply to doctor-prescribed phototherapy services, some gym tanning services, or spray tans, the tax does apply to typical tanning salons.

Jersey shore kids freaking out collectively

Ok I'm done now. This really belongs now in the politics forum as Daniel pointed out before.

Before we do that, the people have spoke, Zach Parise must re-sign with the Devils. Congress should get over their partisan differences and immediately passing a law making this a reality.

Hope and Change!!!

That is all.

The Tan Tax: Since July 2010, tanning bed users have been burned by a 10 percent tax hike that will stay put now that Obamacare's been upheld. While it doesn't apply to doctor-prescribed phototherapy services, some gym tanning services, or spray tans, the tax does apply to typical tanning salons.

Jersey shore kids freaking out collectively

If there is a silver lining in Obamacare, it is this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.