GDT: New Jersey @ Detroit - 4/5/12

NJCroMag

100 points. Not as big a deal as it once was, but still...

655 wins for Marty...guy actually has a shot at 700 wins if he plays two more seasons...probably a longshot, but the fact that he had 30 wins this season was impressive, especially when he had an .883 save% through December or so.

If the Devils beat Ottawa, and the Cancuks lose tonight (which is looking like a pretty good possibility), the Devils will have the longest win streak going in to the playoffs. Probably doesn't mean much, especially since most of the games weren't very important, but still nice.

EDIT: now, Devils just need to beat Ottawa.

Edited by nessus

Hi all!

Uk Devils fans here! We watch every game through nhl game centre. Some of you may already follow us on twitter.

2am here!

Cant wait for the playoffs to start. They will be our first. Hoping to be on here alot more to chat hockey and learn a hell of a lot more

Lets Go Devils

Welcome aboard, my good man! We have refreshments over there, snacks over there, there's a "Pin The Tail On The Donkey" contest in a half-hour, take a free "Welcome To NJDevs!" pamphlet and...a little bit of advice...

Stay away from that Pepperkorn dude. He's nuts.

Glad to have ya!

@nessus, I think that will be a huge boost of confidence goin into the playoffs. They just beat an amazing team while keeping a streak goin. No better time to get hot. Keep it goin in the playoffs and maybe well see a 2nd round. Either way im very happy with these guys. Marty has looked great for over a month now.

Welcome aboard, my good man! We have refreshments over there, snacks over there, there's a "Pin The Tail On The Donkey" contest in a half-hour, take a free "Welcome To NJDevs!" pamphlet and...a little bit of advice...

Stay away from that Pepperkorn dude. He's nuts.

HE?! Ruh roh :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Is there 2 players with greater chemistry than Sykora and Elias??? Oh the years that could have been.

Can't second-guess that one when one of the players who came back (Friesen) was so instrumental in helping the Devils win Cup #3.

And if you're going to reminisce about Elias and Sykora in 2000 and 2001, don't forget about 2002. Both players had significant down seasons that year, and the A-line was doing next to nothing on the road. Not saying they couldn't have bounced back in future seasons, but I don't think them getting back to '01 form would've been a slamdunk.

How true, picture perfect

I was pissed when he was dealt. If we had him all those years it could have helped us for sure...

Can't second-guess that one when one of the players who came back (Friesen) was so instrumental in helping the Devils win Cup #3.

And if you're going to reminisce about Elias and Sykora in 2000 and 2001, don't forget about 2002. Both players had significant down seasons that year, and the A-line was doing next to nothing on the road. Not saying they couldn't have bounced back in future seasons, but I don't think them getting back to '01 form would've been a slamdunk.

This is the only thing that softened the blow and made me accept the deal. I loved the A-Line, and Sykie was always one of my favorites from when he came up with the big club. Friesen was HUGE during the 03 run so the deal was a win for us....

And we also got Tverdovsky from that trade too. Yeah he was on his downside of his career and was a liability, but still he was a pretty decent 6/7 defenseman IMO. On this team he might be #4 defenseman.