Playoff GIFs & Photoshops

thelastonealive

Not at all. Its truth. I dont agree that it "unites" New Jersey. I dont care that people in the south root for the Flyers or people nearer NYC root for the Rags.

I live in South Jersey (Millville, Cumberland County) and its like being on an island surrounded by Flyers fans. I don't think that, historically, the Devils organization has done enough to spread the team to the entire state, but we also have to remember that the Flyers were already established down here before the Devils even started in NJ. Many of the older Flyer fans in the neighborhood had Flyers season tickets all the way up to the mid-90s.

BTW, I was born in Brooklyn and that's why I am a Devils fan. The Devils are essentially a small-market team in the New York City sports market. For years they shared a sports complex with two football franchises that were both "New York" even though they played in NJ.

It is all about tv and media markets.

But I do think that the Devils could do more to spread the team. For instance they could put pressure on the NHL or whoever to make Comcast share their tv broadcasts with Directv. Due to some law, Comcast in Philly doesn't have to share their signal because they do not use satellites. So if you are a Devils fan in South Jersey and you order the Center Ice package you can't watch the Devils play the Flyers because it is blacked out.

If any Devils brass is reading: do something to allow Devils fans who live in New Jersey (the state you are trying to unite) who can't watch the games using a normal tv package, and, therefore pay a good sum of money to order the Center Ice package, not have their games with one of your biggest rivals (and the fanbase you are trying to win over) blacked out!

i guess its better then the last incarnation where kovy got double shifted onto the line, you know the "rocket to russia" era for the forth line.

I live in South Jersey (Millville, Cumberland County) and its like being on an island surrounded by Flyers fans. I don't think that, historically, the Devils organization has done enough to spread the team to the entire state, but we also have to remember that the Flyers were already established down here before the Devils even started in NJ. Many of the older Flyer fans in the neighborhood had Flyers season tickets all the way up to the mid-90s.

BTW, I was born in Brooklyn and that's why I am a Devils fan. The Devils are essentially a small-market team in the New York City sports market. For years they shared a sports complex with two football franchises that were both "New York" even though they played in NJ.

It is all about tv and media markets.

But I do think that the Devils could do more to spread the team. For instance they could put pressure on the NHL or whoever to make Comcast share their tv broadcasts with Directv. Due to some law, Comcast in Philly doesn't have to share their signal because they do not use satellites. So if you are a Devils fan in South Jersey and you order the Center Ice package you can't watch the Devils play the Flyers because it is blacked out.

If any Devils brass is reading: do something to allow Devils fans who live in New Jersey (the state you are trying to unite) who can't watch the games using a normal tv package, and, therefore pay a good sum of money to order the Center Ice package, not have their games with one of your biggest rivals (and the fanbase you are trying to win over) blacked out!

Sure, I completely understand all of this. I used to live in Cape May and whenever I wore Devils gear, I'd get chided for it cause they're all Phailure fans.

I also get the whole Flyers been around longer. I understand why. My uncle is 63 years old and has lived in Hudson County (where I am) all his life and is a huge Rangers fan. I took to the Devils as my first pro sports event was a Devils game (84) and it stuck. Most of my family (in NJ) bar two cousins are Rags fans because thats the team they all grew up rooting for.

^Is that them seriously looking at that picture? Or is that another photoshop job?

That's not shopped. The guy who made the photo sent it to Sherry Ross (Radio color commentator who coined the line name), she loved it and printed it out for them.

Also, Carter apparently didn't know who the Ramones were before yesterday. Friggin' kids and their popular music.

That's not shopped. The guy who made the photo sent it to Sherry Ross (Radio color commentator who coined the line name), she loved it and printed it out for them.

Also, Carter apparently didn't know who the Ramones were before yesterday. Friggin' kids and their popular music.

How old is Carter? He's at least 25 I think. I'm 22 and I know the Ramones. I believe a good portion of people my age are at least aware of who the Ramones are, if not familiar with their music.

How old is Carter? He's at least 25 I think. I'm 22 and I know the Ramones. I believe a good portion of people my age are at least aware of who the Ramones are, if not familiar with their music.

He's 28 haha. My guess is he was sheltered as a kid and probably only listens to garbage like Nickelback. A lot of hockey players seem to like Nickelback...

He's 28 haha. My guess is he was sheltered as a kid and probably only listens to garbage like Nickelback. A lot of hockey players seem to like Nickelback...

They always play that song 'Burn it to the Ground' or at least that's what I think it's called. Anyways, my point is that they played the same 30 second clip of that song over a highlight video and it was stupid. I think the NHL and Nickelback must have some deal together. I mean between the Flyer's players showing up to a concert they played at Wells Fargo to it ALWAYS being played on NHL Network. It's sickening.

And 28???? His birth year would be 83-84 then, which is still a bit late for the Ramones since he'd be too young, but still, he's not that far removed from when they were a popular band. They have a few songs that get a lot of radio play still. I really can't believe he didn't know who they were.

Edited by ATLL765

They always play that song 'Burn it to the Ground' or at least that's what I think it's called. Anyways, my point is that they played the same 30 second clip of that song over a highlight video and it was stupid. I think the NHL and Nickelback must have some deal together. I mean between the Flyer's players showing up to a concert they played at Wells Fargo to it ALWAYS being played on NHL Network. It's sickening.

And 28???? His birth year would be 83-84 then, which is still a bit late for the Ramones since he'd be too young, but still, he's not that far removed from when they were a popular band. They have a few songs that get a lot of radio play still. I really can't believe he didn't know who they were.

It's because Nickelback is playing at the NHL Awards this summer. Maybe it's just not his style of music. I mean, I've heard the name "The Ramones" before and some of their popular songs, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I didn't realize that's where the picture was from originally.

What is it with popular sports and damn Nickelback? It was hilarious this past Thanksgiving when about 50000 Detroit residents signing a petition to not let them play halftime of the Thanksgiving game, but the NFL put em on anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.