How Much Longer? ? ? ?

ladyshrouds

We had orientation at the Caps today... it was AWESOME! I got to see every part of the locker room, including both changing rooms, the lounge, the equipment manager's office, the showers, the hallway to the ice, the plaques, the motivational phrases... EVERYTHING!

I'd have to say it was one of my more exciting hockey times, ever. Seeing where these guys get ready was amazing. According to the head of something or other, players show up between 3:30 and 4:30 for games at 7:00. Some hang out in the lounge, watching TV or playing video games (yeah, they got HDTV Plasma whatever it is with every game system imaginable). Some work out on the bike. Some sharpen their own skates, curve their own sticks. It's all personal. But pretty much it's like a really fancy little hockey house, meant specifically for sweaty, hockey-playing guys. The rooms have their own special system of ventilation so it doesn't smell.

The coolest things? Special hooks with heat/blow-dryer type thingies to put your gloves on in between periods. They don't really heat the gloves, per se, they just heat the sweat out of them. Man I wish I had those.