Text Message Game Updates

I think it would be really cool and a lot of people would like it if you were able to sign up for Devils game updates (every goal and at the end of each period).

I have looked online and found some programs that send group text messages for free. The only problem is that you can't recieve them for free. Verizon customers (which I assume most people are) get 50 free from non-verizon phones per month with the unlimited in-texting plan. So if anyone knows a way to easily send a group messages through verizon, I think it's something people would really like.

Not sure if it's totally feasible, but it's something to look into because we can't all watch everygame.

Wasn't this suggested before?

The problem would not be with sending the actual messages, it would be with knowing WHEN to send the messages. If there was a reliable, preferably free method of obtaining data current enough to be of use in this particular application, then it might be a possibility. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem feasible unless you mean to have someone sitting in front of their computer manually sending out the messages.

I get ESPN on my phone so this is of no use to me.

Also, this message is if no use to anyone. I guess we're even! :evil:

Wasn't this suggested before?

The problem would not be with sending the actual messages, it would be with knowing WHEN to send the messages. If there was a reliable, preferably free method of obtaining data current enough to be of use in this particular application, then it might be a possibility. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem feasible unless you mean to have someone sitting in front of their computer manually sending out the messages.

I bet your watch is up to task! :ph34r:

I get ESPN on my phone so this is of no use to me.

Also, this message is if no use to anyone. I guess we're even! :evil:

I bet your watch is up to task! :ph34r:

ESPN likes to let me know of previous game scores and jumps around (ie, goes from third period back to the first.)

I was just throwing it out there to see if there were any ideas. Building on the input idea, what happens if it was incorporated in the chatroom somehow again just throwing it out there.

I think Yahoo does game alerts for free, I had them doing it two years ago sending scores after a period.

That's right, I did that too when I had a Nokia 8200 a few years ago. It was pretty accurate too timewise.

ESPN likes to let me know of previous game scores and jumps around (ie, goes from third period back to the first.)

What do you mean? What kind of phone/service do you have? So far it's been accurate for me. I could probably access Yahoo Sports too which I was able to do on my old phone but haven't tried with the new one.