The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

which teams left can honestly beat the rangers? the flyers dont have the goaltending, the devils arent beating them not with their bipolar play, the capitals are a severe headcase with a rookie goalie. the bruins would be the best bet and thats with a sharp thomas and finding some goals but thats really it. the best choice would have been pittsburgh given their firepower but thats not going to happen.

wait...Rangers are 2-2 with the #8 seed and we're still pretending they're unbeatable?

which teams left can honestly beat the rangers? the flyers dont have the goaltending, the devils arent beating them not with their bipolar play, the capitals are a severe headcase with a rookie goalie. the bruins would be the best bet and thats with a sharp thomas and finding some goals but thats really it. the best choice would have been pittsburgh given their firepower but thats not going to happen.

Do you see the Rangers giving themselves up to end up 2-2 with an 8 seed which isn't particularly good? Do you see them getting tired? The Rangers are nowhere near as good as people make them out to be. They just have a knack for sitting on leads and give themselves up to keep them.

What goaltending do you need to beat the Rangers, if they score one goal on you, not only do they stop you from doing anything, they stop THEMSELVES from doing anything. Their style is regressive sh!t and they are not going to get far playing long series.

How about Ottawa, considering it's 2-2?

How about Ottawa, considering it's 2-2?

How about ottawa? ottawa hasnt had a lead for one second over the 4 games played. do you really feel confident that ottawa has to win (potentally) 3 games at MSG to win a 7 game series? no doubt ottawa is giving them fits which many people thought they would due to their speed and puck persuit, but do they have enough without alfredsson over the next 3 games?

How about ottawa? ottawa hasnt had a lead for one second over the 4 games played. do you really feel confident that ottawa has to win (potentally) 3 games at MSG to win a 7 game series? no doubt ottawa is giving them fits which many people thought they would due to their speed and puck persuit, but do they have enough without alfredsson over the next 3 games?

Every game is its own independent event. If they had enough today, they have enough for Game 5, and subsequently Games 6 and 7.

This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs, there are ALWAYS a ton of series that don't end up the way most people predict. It happens quite often every year. Who predicted the Canadiens to beat the Capitals in 2010? Who predicted the Oilers to come out of the west in 2006? Who predicted the Ducks and Wild to meet in the conference finals in 2003? Who predicted the Kings to take a 3-1 lead over the Presidents Trophy winning Canucks this year? This list can be continued all night.

yes, they do. the rangers are being beat like a drum. you cannot give up as much zone time as they have been giving up in these games and beat really good teams. what, other than lundqvist, would give any rangers fan confidence that they can win any playoff series?

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

The caps seem focus more on hitting.. 3 shots in their first period, been called out before for it. Holtby is the X Factor for them and the reason (IF) they terminate the Bruins. Great young goalie alot of potential.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

WSH Wins 2-1 ties series 2-2. Holtby keeping them in in it

PHX up 2-1 looking to take a 3-1 series lead. Let's go PHX make the second round for the first time:) Still say STL vs NSH for Western Con Finals

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

2-2 Chicago Frolik scored within last 5 minutes

What is this the 3rd time Chicago has tied it up with an empty net?

+1

http://nyc.barstools...#comment-147527

(Generally) Rangers blog calling devs an embarrassing org. I encourage people remind the Rangers fan what an embarrassment the NYR have been.

Well, your post linking to that blog is the first time I've ever even heard of that website's existence so... that says about all that needs to be said about it, for me.

http://nyc.barstools...#comment-147527

(Generally) Rangers blog calling devs an embarrassing org. I encourage people remind the Rangers fan what an embarrassment the NYR have been.

I really never understood posting links to something to show what people are commenting. I mean, so what? Of course some people are going to say stupid things. Oh NO! A Ranger's fan saying something bad about the Devils...this is new.

I really never understood posting links to something to show what people are commenting. I mean, so what? Of course some people are going to say stupid things. Oh NO! A Ranger's fan saying something bad about the Devils...this is new.

Listen I'm really sorry I ruined your afternoon... can you provide me an address where I can send a fruit basket?