ESPN = Red Wings Whores?

djstubbs

THey should decide what games they are showing closer to the dates....Like play games where teams are fighting for a playoff birth not Detroit vs Colombus....even tho they happened to put up a good fight last night.

I agree, I don't think it makes any sense for them to just predict before the season even starts what teams will be battling for a playoff spot just for the sake of coming out with a TV schedule.

although i do get the best hockey here.....HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA....

Cheers to that!

---

I will always be a proponent of Center Ice adding Canadian sports channels (TSN, Sportsnet (all four), RDS (maybe not, but hey), The Score, The NHL Network all 24/7, CBC when applicable).

If I were a Devils fan in NJ, I wouldn't buy Center Ice. Add in all the Canadian channels, I'D BUY IT IN A HEARTBEAT.

I am NOT exaggerating, if you have never seen Canadian SportsCentre, you'd piss yourself. For a hockey fan, it is 500x better than our SportsCenter. They cover all four sports but give first priority to hockey.

And you'd die for the other channels. OK, maybe not many would watch RDS, so maybe not that one, but The NHL Network? HOT DAMN! They are sooooooooo good.

I will always be a proponent of Center Ice adding Canadian sports channels (TSN, Sportsnet (all four), RDS (maybe not, but hey), The Score, The NHL Network all 24/7, CBC when applicable).

If I were a Devils fan in NJ, I wouldn't buy Center Ice. Add in all the Canadian channels, I'D BUY IT IN A HEARTBEAT.

Center Ice is a "must have" these days. I can't imagine only getting to see Stars games now. I have learned so much about the league and the EC that I never knew before I got Center Ice. It just makes watching hockey that much more enjoyable. There are so many more games that I care about, and teams, too, that I never got a chance to see before. Obviously I got Center Ice because it was the only way to get to see Nieuwy play, but it's become much more than that. I follow the whole league now. It has really changed my perspective on hockey.

If Center Ice added those channels - it would be absolutely PERFECT!

Its called RATINGS. Detroit is hockeytown and makes the ratings for ESPN hockey more palatable.

Sorry Manta Ray, but unless it's an exclusive Thursday night, the ESPN feed in Detroit is blacked out. So none of the ratings count in Detroit & the city of whoever they're playing.

Granted they're a good road draw, but it still doesn't make any sense why ESPN doesn't keep the last 2 weeks open to show whatever games are playoff-relevant, instead of the presidents' trophy coronation of the wings.

Personally Im dreaming of the day E$PN stops covering the NHL...screw everything about that station...sorry E$PN that the NHL dosent have more trash talkers and felons....I have absolutely nothing nice to say about that network

Yea, those Red Wing games are really racking up the rating points. ESPN might as well throw a little diversity into the mix...their ratings are going to suck regardless of who's playing.

From my perspective, a hockey fan is going to watch a hockey game if it is on. A casual fan isn't going to watch the games regardless, because there are no casual hockey fans, at least not until the later playoff rounds.

I don't have Center Ice this year, but NEXT SEASON (provided there is one) I will get it. My brother and other friends have it and they mock me merciless if I am home on a Saturday night without it.

Center Ice is worth every penny.

If ESPN had any clue they would first make a research to come out with the schedule, which has teams playing that match up well to produce an exciting hockey game. Even an average hockey fan who does like hockey won't watch those stupid Wings billion times a year.

I don't have Center Ice this year, but NEXT SEASON (provided there is one) I will get it.  My brother and other friends have it and they mock me merciless if I am home on a Saturday night without it.

Center Ice is worth every penny.

The thing that pisses me off about center ice is they don't show pre- or post-game coverage.