‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I never liked lou's passive approach... I dont care how it worked out in the past... But its fvcking freaking me out

Why fvcking WAIT to approach Zach NOW!?! The more he wait the more Zach has a foot out of the door and other teams are setting themselves in position to get him too...

If we do lose parise im gonna have a pretty solid grudge toward Lou for awhile thats for sure

I never liked lou's passive approach... I dont care how it worked out in the past... But its fvcking freaking me out

Why fvcking WAIT to approach Zach NOW!?! The more he wait the more Zach has a foot out of the door and other teams are setting themselves in position to get him too...

If we do lose parise im gonna have a pretty solid grudge toward Lou for awhile thats for sure

If Zach wants to stay here, he'll stay here. This line about not being approached causing him to leave is ridiculous.

It's getting to be a very frightening possibility. If, by Tuesday, we get more status quo bullsh!t from Lou, that's where Zach's going to end up.

Pens have space now. Parise with Crosby would make winning this division impossible for the rest of us.

Pens have space now. Parise with Crosby would make winning this division impossible for the rest of us.

Crosby and Malkin both havw to be resigned in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Pitt would end up with half of the cap tied into 3 players. Plus Letang will be due as well in a couple of years.

Just saw a pretty damn close Parise look-a-like at Frankford Hall in Philly.. Bad juju if you ask me.. A Parise Giroux line would be scary

I go to school in Philly and my friends and I always point out this one kid who looks just like Parise

Damn

Crosby and Malkin both havw to be resigned in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Pitt would end up with half of the cap tied into 3 players. Plus Letang will be due as well in a couple of years.

The Penguins are exceptionally good at getting marginal players to sign for extremely cheap. Right now there's 5 guys on their team signed for $675,000 or less.

If they trade Paul Martin, the Penguins could afford Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Parise, and Suter. They'd have a team like this:

Parise-Crosby-Kennedy

Neal-Malkin-Kunitz

Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

Jeffrey-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Letang

Suter-Niskanen

Despres-Lovejoy

Fleury

Vokoun

Which is a really excellent team. Top heavy yes, but top heavy with 3 of the top 20 forwards in the game, plus 2 of the top 20 D (probably - it's unclear just how good Suter is).

Right now, who does everyone see Pitt going for moving forward, Suter or Parise? They definitely are gunning for 1 at least, and I can't see them striking out on both. The opportunity is too good. And relationships or not, getting phone calls from Lemieux and Crosby pumping your tires and telling you that you are the missing piece is a pretty damn good recruiting tool.

Edited by devilsrule33

how i love this situation...

here's a metaphor... you've been with this girl for 9 years and you're at the bar sitting by yourself in a dark corner not drinking cause you're damn broke and in debts, watching bunch of guys flirting with ur gf at the bar... one of them is her childhood's lover begging her to come back bragging his money promising her that he'll give her anything she wants, then you have that super crazy hot muscular guy that every girl dream of... and a bunch of guys around that in the mix all waiting for their chances...

and you're there... looking at the situation not doing anything cause you think... "bahhhh i got this, she loves me they don't have a chance, i'm just gonna tell her that she's a priority and that i'll mary her someday if i can finally get myself a full time job and some cash flow... it should be fine"

thats really how i feel lol... of course things could go right but im still fvcking nervous

I have not renewed my full season tix yet. I am waiting to see wtf Lou does. I'll never stop loving this team or be a fan, but I just don't think I can stand seeing Zack in another jersey. UGH. If he goes to another team, let it be for some insane amount of overpayment because that's the only way I'll be able to deal with it.

Scoops

I have not renewed my full season tix yet. I am waiting to see wtf Lou does. I'll never stop loving this team or be a fan, but I just don't think I can stand seeing Zack in another jersey. UGH. If he goes to another team, let it be for some insane amount of overpayment because that's the only way I'll be able to deal with it.

Scoops

So you renewing your season tickets is dependent upon Lou resigning Zach?!?

Scoops

This is the New Jersey Devils, not the New Jersey Zachs*. Losing Parise will not be a death blow to this franchise, not even close. We were fine without him during our second half resurgence with players like Tedenby, Palmieri, Steckel, Salmela, Pelley, Zharkov, Sestito, and Mair on our roster.

Edited by Zubie#8

Scoops

Yeah that's a bit extreme.. I mean everyone has their own opinions but it's weird to say you're so diehard but won't renew until 1 player resigns

I think Lou not trading Zach's rights is a good indicator that he's confident he can get Zach back.. And I genuinely feel Parise has taken ownership of this team and wants to be back leading them to more success.. He's the only Devils captain aside from Stevens to lead us to the finals

how i love this situation...

here's a metaphor... you've been with this girl for 9 years and you're at the bar sitting by yourself in a dark corner not drinking cause you're damn broke and in debts, watching bunch of guys flirting with ur gf at the bar... one of them is her childhood's lover begging her to come back bragging his money promising her that he'll give her anything she wants, then you have that super crazy hot muscular guy that every girl dream of... and a bunch of guys around that in the mix all waiting for their chances...

and you're there... looking at the situation not doing anything cause you think... "bahhhh i got this, she loves me they don't have a chance, i'm just gonna tell her that she's a priority and that i'll mary her someday if i can finally get myself a full time job and some cash flow... it should be fine"

thats really how i feel lol... of course things could go right but im still fvcking nervous

Way to combine two of my least favorite things, losing great players as UFAs and being reminded of my lacking skills in the acquiring and keeping of gfs.

I think Lou not trading Zach's rights is a good indicator that he's confident he can get Zach back.. And I genuinely feel Parise has taken ownership of this team and wants to be back leading them to more success.. He's the only Devils captain aside from Stevens to lead us to the finals

I don't think it's an indication of anything. It's no secret that there are supposed to be negotiations next week. It makes zero sense to trade rights before you've had a chance to even know what the player's intentions are.

Only when Zach says, I'm not re-signing under any circumstances, or perhaps if ownership says the team can't afford it, then you consider it. Even if you do, expect nothing better than a third round pick, and that would be conditioned on him actually signing with the team his rights are traded to.

Suter has more or less cut off talks with Nashville and is testing free agency, yet has not had his rights traded, even with the Penguins apparently knocking on Nashville's door. Tells you it is rarely, rarely ever worth it.

Edited by Daniel

I predict that Zach Parise signs with the New Jersey Devils at 1:32PM on July 2nd after revising three other serious offers and realizing that the New Jersey Devils offered a good deal that also came with the "C" and the best chance of winning a Stanley Cup.

I predict that Zach Parise signs with the New Jersey Devils at 1:32PM on July 2nd after revising three other serious offers and realizing that the New Jersey Devils offered a good deal that also came with the "C" and the best chance of winning a Stanley Cup.

at the end of the day as long we get him at a fair price im okay with it. BUT if he would sign before testing the market it would be a GREAT message sent to the organization and fans, that this is where he REALLY wanted to be and didnt even think of going elsewhere. but im pretty sure he's curious to know what kind of interest is out there

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.