GDT: Washington Crapitals @ New Jersey Devils

TheMazz

The Devils' power play generated 12 shots last night in 9 minutes of power play time, that's pretty goddamn good.

Still not much to show for it this season though. I'm a big fan of the switch to a shooting PP, but a system like that can't really require much adapting to, so what gives? Maybe we just ran into a hot tender last night but I still thought it looked out of sync

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not much to show for it this season though. I'm a big fan of the switch to a shooting PP, but a system like that can't really require much adapting to, so what gives? Maybe we just ran into a hot tender last night but I still thought it looked out of sync

I like what I've seen from the PP so far this year. Just because they haven't cashed in much yet doesn't mean anything. Zidlicky has looked great back there so far. Nice goal on the PP last night... Granted, it was a 5-3...

Edited by capo

All new systems take time to adapt to, especially 3 games in after an almost nonexistent "camp".

All new systems take time to adapt to, especially 3 games in after an almost nonexistent "camp".

I disagree, if it's truly just a shooing power play then it should have three words associated with it. Screen, shoot and crash. That's pretty much a no brain thing for NHLers

We could have drafted T.J. Oshie instead of Tedenby.

You win some, you lose some. TJ Oshie is a beast but I have't given up on Teddy yet. I feel like he is in one of those times where it would just take 1 goal and he would hit his stride. YAYO and Teddy look similarly weak, physically, but the difference is that YAYO looks a hell of a lot more comfortable and sure of himself than Teddy does. Whenever he touches the puck it seems like he is frantic while YAYO just does his thing and ends up making much better decisions.

I think it was just Neuvirth. I thought the PP looked the best it's looked BY FAR last night with constant big shots, nice movement, and quick releases but Neuvirth stood on his head and was the only reason the Caps even got their first point of the season and took the game to OT.

This save especially comes to mind:

Edited by PWW

I think it was just Neuvirth. I thought the PP looked the best it's looked BY FAR last night with constant big shots, nice movement, and quick releases but Neuvirth stood on his head and was the only reason the Caps even got their first point of the season and took the game to OT.

This save especially comes to mind:

The save that comes to my mind was Zubrus on a partial breakaway and the puck ending up laying in the crease with Neuvirth laying on his stomach. And if I recall correctly, that, along with several others of our big chances came short handed.

That livingsocial deal was awesome. I paid for the 100 level tix and ended up in section 12 row 10. Also sat next to two girls whose tickets said "gold circle". Anyone know what that means?

Long story short that was a special seating section when they used to play at ACC. It was the bottom 10 or so rows in the lower level and they got special perks like a skate with the team and access to the restaurant/club there.

They stopped selling gold circle seats when they moved to the prudential center but anyone who was gold circle got grandfathered in. They still have a team skate for gold circle members.

You can no longer buy into gold circle anymore.

Long story short that was a special seating section when they used to play at ACC. It was the bottom 10 or so rows in the lower level and they got special perks like a skate with the team and access to the restaurant/club there.

They stopped selling gold circle seats when they moved to the prudential center but anyone who was gold circle got grandfathered in. They still have a team skate for gold circle members.

You can no longer buy into gold circle anymore.

Yep. My Dad had gold circle seats at the ACC. I know his tickets had the gold circle on them during the first couple seasons at the Rock. I'm trying hard to remember if he still has that on his tix though. I know only certain people are allowed in the goal bar during the game, though that's not really anything like what the gold circle was. The gold circle had the restaurant down below at ACC, which is more like what the Fire & Ice bars look like in the black seated primo sections of 7,8,9 and 18,19,20 than what the goal bar has.