GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 2 NJ @ Philadelphia - 5/1/12

NJCroMag

The way I'm looking at it is that the devils are applying a lot of chances and putting the flyers on their heels.

This board feels its the other way around if we don't somehow score 8 goals against a good flyers team that we are dominating this game for the most part

applying pressure and shots on goal is great as long as you finish.

bryz is a beatable goaltender who has struggled since game 1 vs pittsburgh. if they cant finish vs him who can they?

the devils are working hard and hanging around and thats a good thing but one more against and its done.

applying pressure and shots on goal is great as long as you finish.

bryz is a beatable goaltender who has struggled since game 1 vs pittsburgh. if they cant finish vs him who can they?

the devils are working hard and hanging around and thats a good thing but one more against and its done.

Yes because bryz was likely bound to be as bad as he was against Pittsburgh through the entire playoffs. [sarcasm]

One goal and we are back in business

Edited by DevsMan84

1-0 game with zero shots allowed so far in the 2cnd. No Kovy.

What did some of you folks expect?

I think some folks here still think they are watching the 2000 or 2003 team.

This is a tight cerebral game - which I assume is the type of game he can win vs. PHI with no Kovy.

This is a strong, confident PHI team - and we're right there with them - in PHI I might add.

Hopefully the Devils can keep working hard and generating chances in the 3rd. They can definitely break through Bryzgalov at some point, just keep getting those shots on net and the puck in the offensive zone. Insane to think the Devils have outshot the Flyers 25 to 11 in the game and 12 to 2 in the 2nd.

Yes because bryz was likely bound to be as bad as he was against Pittsburgh through the entire playoffs.

One goal and we are back in business

do you know that for sure? he was beyond terrible vs pittsburgh. to improve off that he has to turn his game around 100% over this series or they're home even against the devils. game 1 of this series he was the reason it went to ot. tonight he's looking solid which is promising for the flyers. however, this is a goaltender that you dont know how he'll react if this or any series turns into even half of what the penguins series did. i still would not trust this goaltender if im the flyers to put the game in his hands. would you pick bryz to win a goaltenders battle over lundqvist?

Honest question: Since when is it slashing and not just a stick check when you knock someone's stick out of their hands? I understand that it's always been an understanding that if you break the guy's stick (or even your own) on the stick check, you'll get two minutes. I don't like it, but at least it's consistently called. But when you knock it out of their hands? We've gotten called on that twice tonight and I can't think of another time I've ever seen it once. What's to stop people from just dropping their sticks every time they're stick checked?

Edit: Oh yeah, and Patrick Roy is apparently wearing a Bryzgalov sweater tonight. Dude's been unreal. Keep swarming it up, motherfvckers!! :koolaid:

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

NBC is something else. First McGuire is sucking on some serious flyer dong all night. Now Roenick just says 'WE have to hope Bryzgalov keeps it up'!

Devils have to stop being cute in the O-zone. RELEASE THE PUCK QUICKER. Bryz hasnt been all that, to be honest. We need better shots. Henrique all alone in front and he shoots it right in the crest.

Edited by devlman

do you know that for sure? he was beyond terrible vs pittsburgh. to improve off that he has to turn his game around 100% over this series or they're home even against the devils. game 1 of this series he was the reason it went to ot. tonight he's looking solid which is promising for the flyers. however, this is a goaltender that you dont know how he'll react if this or any series turns into even half of what the penguins series did. i still would not trust this goaltender if im the flyers to put the game in his hands. would you pick bryz to win a goaltenders battle over lundqvist?

Yes let's also compare him to arguably the best goalie in the league today.

Would you pick Marty now to win a goaltenders battle over lundqvist? You know that our question and this question is unfair and extreme.

And yes goalies can turn their game around in one game. Do you remember what people were saying about Marty after game 3 of the last round and how they then were worshipping him after the next game when he posted a shutout?

Yeah, we had the same conversation... these "Potato Chip" composite sticks are a joke in magnifying breakage. When the hell was it a penalty whether a plastic stick breaks... it's slashing the body that's the penalty., not this garbage golf crap.

These Super-duper ultra light paper thin shafts should never warrant a penalty. It's getting simply ridiculous to make this call... Pierre McG is an Azzzz for his comments. He should be defending the players and play, not some BS weak stick because the player wants the lightest thing on planet earth to play with,,,

PS: if that's the case... saw 1/2 way through your shaft and wait for the call!

Honest question: Since when is it slashing and not just a stick check when you knock someone's stick out of their hands? I understand that it's always been an understanding that if you break the guy's stick (or even your own) on the stick check, you'll get two minutes. I don't like it, but at least it's consistently called. But when you knock it out of their hands? We've gotten called on that twice tonight and I can't think of another time I've ever seen it once. What's to stop people from just dropping their sticks every time they're stick checked?

Edit: Oh yeah, and Patrick Roy is apparently wearing a Bryzgalov sweater tonight. Dude's been unreal. Keep swarming it up, motherfvckers!! :koolaid:

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

NBC is something else. First McGuire is sucking on some serious flyer dong all night. Now Roenick just says 'WE have to hope Bryzgalov keeps it up'!

NBC and the Flyers are both owned by Comcast. Might as well be Jim Jackson and Coatesy calling the game.

Yeah, we had the same conversation... these "Potato Chip" composite sticks are a joke in magnifying breakage. When the hell was it a penalty whether a plastic stick breaks... it's slashing the body that's the penalty., not this garbage golf crap.

These Super-duper ultra light paper thin shafts should never warrant a penalty. It's getting simply ridiculous to make this call... Pierre McG is an Azzzz for his comments. He should be defending the players and play, not some BS weak stick because the player wants the lightest thing on planet earth to play with,,,

PS: if that's the case... saw 1/2 way through your shaft and wait for the call!

That's just it though ... the sticks aren't even breaking. The Flyers are just dropping them.

Yes let's also compare him to arguably the best goalie in the league today.

theres a great chance thats who hes playing against next. if bryz is not solid the nyr play for the cup. if bryz plays the captials holtby is playing well and over his head you cant dismiss the kid. the best goaltender will represent the east and bryz would not the best goaltender left.

Would you pick Marty now to win a goaltenders battle over lundqvist? You know that our question and this question is unfair and extreme.

no i would not because thats being honest.

And yes goalies can turn their game around in one game. Do you remember what people were saying about Marty after game 3 of the last round and how they then were worshipping him after the next game when he posted a shutout?

brodeur is a hof and arguably the best of all time and has a history of repsonding to bad games. when bryz's career reads the same ill agree with that but bryz hasnt given anyone reason to think hes turned the corner even with one game like tonight until he can play a solid round of goaltending for a cup contending team.

HOW THE fvck WAS THAT A PENALTY

ZIDLICKY WAS PLAYING THE fvckING PUCK! Retardwood skated into his elbow!

The Devils should now deliberately try to jab there own eyes with Flyers sticks, easy 2 min.