Flyer fans

cheardjr

Can you believe this trash?

My link

:rofl:

It's biggest sin is that the guy has absolutely zero idea what he's talking about. First, I bet you he doesn't have a clue what the neutral zone trap is, and if he did, he would probably realize that every team uses some form of it at various times in the game.

Also, except when they had leads, the Devils did not trap in the series. We also averaged close four goals a game, which is well above the regular season average. I suppose what this guy means by exciting is giving the other team a chance.

exactly what I was thinking Daniel -- this guy doesn't even know how to play hockey. I always wonder what these guys see when they watch a game. Had he written there is no place for defense in hockey I think I'd see his point. I'd disagree, but to each his own. Seriously the one thing that marie their Pens series was the lack of defense.

However I did agree with the Flyers assessment of how the Rags have played this season (when they flipped out that one game). Shot blocking is nonsense when EVERYONE is doing it. It's cool when a few guys are but the entire team? That's sort of weird. It's like the Queen said you guys get everything you can and I can cover what gets by you. These shot blockers need to be turned into effective screens. But you can't do that on the fly - it so stinks. But what the heck it's a fun challenge.

Edited by Pepperkorn