This has to be the most frustrating season I've seen as a fan

roomtemp

I don't see how people can be slagging what Jagr's doing, whether it's just writing him off as being "old" or "tired" or whatever.   Without him, this team is an utter joke.   He shouldn't have had to be nearly what he was this season.   That's how much of a mess the organization is right now.   Whatever the guy says in his exit interview, they should listen very closely.

IMO the staff needs to be cleaned out.   If you want a place at the table for Barr, that's fine, but I'm not sure where he fits in.    IMO the office needs to be cleaned out too, but I'm a realist there.   There's no threats in the organization and there hasn't been one since Sutter skipped town.    Marty?   He'd have to be pretty PO'd to shank Lou and even then, I'm pretty sure that isn't better.

The atrocious officiating has also made this a terribly disappointing season. If I see Francois St. Laurent call one of our games again I'll just not watch. He's the worst ref in the league. No fun watching games where the calls are random. And seeing our lifeless coach never give refs any heat pisses me off.

Edited by devlman

The atrocious officiating has also made this a terribly disappointing season. If I see Francois St. Laurent call one of our games again I'll just not watch. He's the worst ref in the league. No fun watching games where the calls are random. And seeing our lifeless coach never give refs any heat pisses me off.

bad calls usually even out over the season. For every missed trip on zajac we got the benefit of a five minute major against the wild, so I have a hard time blaming officiating. In the moment yeah it's frustrating when you don't get a call or when your called for a bogus penalty but we don't complain when those calls go to our benefit.

Also I think deboer picks his fights, I've seen him very animated at refs before (I believe he's received at least 2 bench minors since being here). But yeah he should have given hell to the ref for the no call on zajac.

And on st Laurent being the worst- Chris lee says hello.

bad calls usually even out over the season. For every missed trip on zajac we got the benefit of a five minute major against the wild, so I have a hard time blaming officiating. In the moment yeah it's frustrating when you don't get a call or when your called for a bogus penalty but we don't complain when those calls go to our benefit.

Also I think deboer picks his fights, I've seen him very animated at refs before (I believe he's received at least 2 bench minors since being here). But yeah he should have given hell to the ref for the no call on zajac.

And on st Laurent being the worst- Chris lee says hello.

I'm not saying the refs are bad because they miss calls against us. I'm also saying they're bad because they miss calls all over the place, for both sides. The calls they do make seem completely random. Interference on dump ins rarely gets called anymore, too.

Chris Lee is up there, for sure.