27 replies to this topic

#1 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Apparently we consider offering Kostitsyn a contract and AK could be a perfect fit for us. Strong talent but a guy who need managment in his lifestyle. They actually said it a low risk really high reward beacuse with his talent we really dont know how good he could be.

Your thought:

mine is that if the guy want he could score 25 to 35 goal every year, I'll take the risk for sure. He is not parise, but the uy can score and we need to replace those goal

#2 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Is there a source for this?

#3 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

http://www.hockey30....jose-pour-doan/

I found it. I've never heard of this site before, so I have no clue how reliable it is

Edit: The same article says that Doan's second choice is San Jose, who I've seen mentioned in roughly zero Doan rumors, so I'd take it all with a large grain of salt.

Edited by RSC, 04 August 2012 - 12:47 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#4 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Wait. Doesn't he have the "lazy" baggage too? Why didn't we just sign Semin if we are considering giving Kostitsyn a contract? Strictly because of price? EDIT: I'm on my phone so I can't post a link right now but I saw San Jose considered for Doan.

Edited by TheMazz, 04 August 2012 - 12:51 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#5 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

but Ak will be way cheaper tha semin...

#6 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

The translation of the artlicle seemed like it was just speculation and just the authors opinion on why the devils should take a risk getting AK.

#7 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

How much cheaper, exactly?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#8 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

my thought is he would get 2,5-3,5 millions rnage at short term

#9 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

he said they were interest.... after he said his thought

#10 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'd chance it. We need somebody, and I'd rather not sign a second tier player to a long term deal and fvck up our cap just when Lou got it down.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#11 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

it has ti be a 1 or 2 years deal. Not longer

#12 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

i bashed this guy so much to my habs fans buddies that im gonna hear about it for like 4 years if NJ sign him

unless he's becoming a force and make mtl look bad once again lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#13 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

AK and the Devils aren't a perfect fit. Lou won't sign a guy who was out drinking late into the night while his squad was still very much in the playoffs and race for the cup. You don't change that kind of behavior. If he wasn't committed then why will he suddenly be committed here? Hell no. Keep potential locker room cancers out.

Edited by Mayday, 04 August 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#14 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

AK and the Devils aren't a perfect fit. Lou won't sign a guy who was out drinking late into the night while his squad was still very much in the playoffs and race for the cup. You don't change that kind of behavior. If he wasn't committed then why will he suddenly be committed here? Hell no. Keep potential locker room cancers out.

From what I've heard about that situation, that it was blown way out of proportion. They still broke team curfew, but it wasn't as drastic as the hockey community made it seem.

Made it look all that more foolish on Nashville's part to suspend them both for more than a game.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324, 04 August 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#15 Devildude

Devildude

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

What choices are we left with.... Trades would hurt our depth. If this guy can replace some of what we lost when Parise went and joined his boy band in minny, I say do it short term. We need to lock up Zajac and others long term, so that should be our new priority.
Still a Fan of Friesen!

Those Devils are Damn Good... DAMN GOOD!!!!

#16 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I don't want this guy.

#17 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

What choices are we left with.... Trades would hurt our depth. If this guy can replace some of what we lost when Parise went and joined his boy band in minny, I say do it short term. We need to lock up Zajac and others long term, so that should be our new priority.

The right trade wouldn't hurt our depth as we have an abundence of tradeable defensemen. Say Tedenby has a soild year he would have make good trade bait come the deadline. Tallinder + Tedenby (depending on if his year is soild) + prospect and a pick seems reasonable enough. I am HOPING Teddy has Bergfors syndrome...that way we can fleece a team into thinking they are getting a player 10x better then they really are. I heard Iggy brought up before as a potential option by fans and I wouldn't be opposed. Sure he's old but he is a fantastic 2 way player and could make up for the production lost by Zach.

n2eg.jpg

#18 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

I wouldn't mind taking a one year chance on the guy. Sure you might have to over pay for one year but the risk is minimal and its not like we are right up against the cap

#19 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

I mentioned in another thread that re-signing Sykora and signing Kostitsyn to a tolerable deal would really bolster the depth of the Devils' forwards corps, and I still think it's a decent move. Kostitsyn surely knows he f'd up and that's hurt his value... this could be a redemption season.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#20 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

I heard Iggy brought up before as a potential option by fans and I wouldn't be opposed. Sure he's old but he is a fantastic 2 way player and could make up for the production lost by Zach.

I would kill for Iggy, but that feels like a pipe dream.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users