Devils Goal Song

Neb00rs

The end of No Comply by the Bouncing Souls is a shaker. I wonder if something by the gaslight anthem would fit, keeping with the Jersey angle. Some pretty slick riffs on the new record anyway

I'd love to hear some Gaslight Anthem at games, they're not only a great jersey act, their music works for pump up.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that R&R pt 2 has some history, but I feel like the song is tainted now with the "You Suck" chant (Except when the Rangers are in the house - lol).

They should track down some unknown NJ artist and make them a hit - just like I never heard of the Fratellis before the playoffs.

I think with the changes this year, now would be a great time to change some of the stale aspects of the experience for those of us who have been going to games year after year.

Aint talkin about love by van halen towards the end where they yell 'HEY HEY HEY!' repeating

the sabres use that, or used to, when they scored their 4th-5th goal of the game

i, no kidding, was thinking of starting this thread when we re-signed kovy and many times before. i'm beyond sick of the hey song, i'm sick of the little brother mentality we have by chanting you suck after it because we sound freaking dumb, especially on TV and when we're losing and start doing that. its like a frat party atmosphere we had at UB, it was lame after the first time doing it.

it's time to get out of the mid 90s and start creating a new identity. the team's going more offensive and aggressive, yes its unrelated, but its time to ditch the 'hey song' for good this time.

who cares if we won cups with it playing, they also had crappy pads/gear/and no HD television.

please, sometime in the next two years, ditch that stale stadium anthem. get creative, there are millions of songs out there, find 1 different one from everyone in the league

the rangers one is pretty sweet, i LOVE chelsea dagger, just give us something new and, if at all possible, get unique songs.

it was bad enough when Atlanta stole our goal horn, but we have the same goal song as at least 4 other teams in the league.

oh and adding to my soapbox speech: its freaking pathetic to watch home games on TV and hear no chanting until you get a "Rangers suck!" when we're playing the ducks/kings/any other team, or "You Suck!" following a goal. seriously, you cant cheer anytime 1/4 the arena tries to get a "lets go devils" chant, then dont perpetuate the garbage that, again, makes us sound freaking dumb as fans

Edited by jagknife

What team has the goal song that sort of stops, and the entire stadium says, WHOOOOOOO. I want to say Boston but maybe it is some West Coast team.

Are you talking about the terrible Ric Flair WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Bruins do after the PA Announcer officially announces the scoring decisions on the goal?

If so... just... no.

I think a while ago before the Devils reintroduced Rock n Roll Pt 2 as the goal song, we had a discussion like this. Someone suggested taking the opening of No Reason by Sum 41 (the "hey" part) and making it our goal song, obviously repeating itself. I liked it, enough that I actually remember the suggestion :lol:

I like this. Wouldn't mind it being the goal song. Would be better than that darn techno song we had a few seasons ago.

Mike

I like this. Wouldn't mind it being the goal song. Would be better than that darn techno song we had a few seasons ago.

Mike

You mean zombie nation??? How could anyone NOT like that song at a sporting event. I hope I'm not in the minority here. I like R&RII more as a goal song...but zombie nation is a pretty good pump-up song

Btw, chanting 'you suck' and 'Rangers suck' may be considered lame, but is it not also lame to give a damn what fans from another team think of us?

I for one couldn't care less what some dude in Buffalo thinks of our post-goal chants.

And I say this as someone who isn't a huge fan of the 'you suck' stuff. (Although it is nice seeing the whole crowd chant SOMETHING together)

RnR II is still awesome when i hear it elsewhere without the idiotic and classless 'you suck!'

It doesn't personally bother me all that much...but I see it wearing off eventually.

Plus, how hilarious would it be if a new song was picked, but "you suck" somehow managed to find it's way into that song as well. I'm pretty sure some peoples' heads would implode

The Devils tried changing the goal song. Several times. They were all epic fails.

RnR II ain't goin' anywhere.

Amen. I thought it was a disaster when they changed it for a few years. It just wasn't the same when the Devils would score and Ole or Zombie Nation was played instead.

The end of No Comply by the Bouncing Souls is a shaker. I wonder if something by the gaslight anthem would fit, keeping with the Jersey angle. Some pretty slick riffs on the new record anyway

Around 2:00 into Boomboxes and Dictionaries might work. The Woah-oh-oh-oh part.

Just as long as it isn't the goal song Nashville uses. I hear that's one reason Jason Arnott was glad to be back in Jersey. Nashville was in the bottom in goal scoring last year and I can understand. It would drive me nuts to hear, " I Like it, I love it. I want some more of it.", everytime I scored a goal.