2012 Fantasy Football Draft Finished!

CRASHER

The annual ' the forum posts are trivial, use Yahoo... and the push back, Yahoo doesn't work for a draft like this' debate.

I, for one, am blocked from the yahoo fantasy site while at work. (where I am most of my waking hours) So this site is where I keep up. & having the different results thread helps me track picks and trends and needs and such.

Trades are one thing....and why announce one pick from our super-conference meetings until they're all made??

I offer you an answer to your question. Lets say I'm looking at 2 guys I want on my team & the 1st guy in your conference call picks one of them and there are a couple guys picking before my next pick who also need that position, but I don't wanna miss out on the remaining player. If I knew player #1 was picked, I may be motivated to make a trade to move up.

e-drama.gif

standing by for soapbox.gifrant2.gif

Realistically there are points in the draft where three picks are going to happen quick anyway. That's nothing, it's not an eight-pick block the way it was last year when four people mass picked at the turn of each round. If people don't want to trade that's their prerogative. I do hope everyone looks at their PM's before their pick just in case.

The other side of the equation would be how long do we have to wait to draft in case of a trade offer? I like to pick right away unless I'm working on a trade beforehand.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No one's got a gun to your face to rejoin either.....and you are the one who does the most complaining....maybe you should ask the same question to yourself....sh!t go buy some tacos and mill it over......

I feel strange because I've been in a good mood for a while... since I gave up trying to reason the Manning ruling.

Other than keepers magically happening, I've never once said I'm tired of this league (and never did I question why I'm on this forum)

This place is great. I'm sorry you can't let people bitching at you mildly.

You should see the crap that goes on in other offline leagues I'm in.

Raping pregnant wife jokes and all... to be fair, they are quite funny - in a very dark sense.

Ok, maybe Veronica wouldn't have liked it.

Sing along with me....

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

With protect submits belling..

And everyone telling you "Speed Your Ass Up!"

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the hap-happiest season of all

With those offseason threads and Manning debates

When posters come to whine....

It's the hap- happiest season of all!!!!!!

Brilliant!!! This has to be our August theme song.

So lets say a trade is made moments prior to the deadline for that pick, do you get another 12 hours to make your pick??

I am thinking so: I would think it would work like the real NFL Draft when there is a trade the clock re-sets: Or can we get a ruling on this? Maybe 4 hours?

So lets say a trade is made moments prior to the deadline for that pick, do you get another 12 hours to make your pick??

No, we maintain the clock on the pick itself, and not the GM. If you trade last minute for a pick, you need to make that pick immediately.

That really should never be an issue. If you are trading for the pick on the clock, you should know immediately why you traded up.

This would be more a Crasher ruling, but I don't believe a trade would be allowed where the person on the clock announces he traded his pick at the deadline, and then the clock expires, before the other GM is back on. (ie: I send a PM to Crasher offering my 2nd/3rd for his 1st... I don't hear back... Crasher then with 2minutes to spare, responds back: done deal!.. I log in 2 hours later, and see he accepted and I got autopicked and draft moved on) Don't be shady Crasher! :P HA

And to add: We have a soft auto-pick. If you get autopicked, but show up prior to the next selection. You can re-pick. However, once the next pick is made... you are locked into that player at that slot. You can try to trade him for another pick in that round of course, but you can't release a player back into the draft pool after others have already picked and pick somebody new.

Edited by aylbert

OK thx for the info, I was more worried about the scenario you talked about where I offer a trade to the team currently on the clock, they accept and i donot know it until after the pick expires....

BTW, pretty glad this process is taking its time, I have no idea what i am doing w/ my keeper yet...

Sorry about the delay. I am working out a keeper dilemma here. fvcking Marshawn and his DUI

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry not laughing at you...just laughing at all the 'experts' for killing the Bills on that trade

Well we are slightly under three weeks now (the season starts on the 6th, a Wednesday this year) which is pushing it a little since we barely finished with three weeks last year. Less time also means people are less compelled to trade and just pick to get it over with.

With any luck VALUE picks tomorrow and the other two go quickly after that, then the regular draft can start pretty much right off.

Edited by NJDevs4978

We can start once the keeper and draft order is resolved..... CMONNNN MARSHAWN :lol:

and yes, if you want to trade for a spot you should know who you want anyway, no extensions...but usually if you're so determined to move up you know who you want anyway

Brian's showing mercy on me after that AWFUL drive out to Ohio yesterday :blink:

Considering that I have zero say in where I will pick, I'm just going to let it be known that Andy Dalton's going to be my keeper. 15th round pick, gets my backup QB out of the way.

God my team sucked balls last year.

Sorry about the delay. I am working out a keeper dilemma here. fvcking Marshawn and his DUI

As far as I know the trial isn't supposed to be until after the season, I don't see how the league punishes him this year.

I think I'm going to go hibernate now, someone wake me when the draft actually starts :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

post-909-0-97377200-1345175007_thumb.png

smilydev.gif

Edited by Masked Fan

This draft's nine and a half months pregnant as it is. Now I get the feeling we're waiting long enough so CRASHER doesn't have to draft until after the second round of preseason games tomorrow night :whistling:

Not that I'm entirely averse to waiting till then either (admittedly now if this draft starts today and my player's playing tonight I might wind up milking the clock at this point if it's not an unreasonable amount of time), but realisitically we need to get going with the amount of time the draft's taken in the past and the fact we have one less day this year before the start of the season.

btw semi-related note, about freaking time the NFL Network shows up on Cablevision :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Holy Crap... at this point watching paint dry seems intersting.

I thought we'd b on round 2 by now...

Ah! I didn't welcome you to the league, but now seems a fitting time! laugh.gif