Devils-3 Predators-2 Ot

Kyydax

PP is 1 for 21 on the year with the only goal coming off a Sergei Brylin breakaway.

Obviously Lamoriello has to address the need of another scoring forward on this team.

This has to be the luckiest 3-0 start in NHL history. With Elias the only scorer scoring, the other goals coming from Madden(2), Brylin(2), Danton, and White, 3-0-0 can become 3-5-2 real quick......

Now on to my favorite part.......

Three games, 3 stoppable goals allowed by Brodeur. I see that at least some of you have already admitted that the 2nd Predator goal was bad. It's good to see some of you are not totally blind.

And in true Brodeurian fashion, we get vintage Marty, allowing the tying goal late in the 3rd period.

I tell you man, it's like clockwork with this guy.

You people wanted facts, you got facts.

3 games, 3 stoppable goals.

The opposing team scored goals in the 3rd period in all 3 games.

One of which pulled the opposing team(Ottawa) to within a goal late in the third and the other 2 tied the game late in third and sent one game into OT(Nashville).

Could my assessment of Brodeur possibly be any more accurate(allows 1 stoppable goal a game, allows goals at worst possible time, etc.)?

Schwab should have started this game and he should start tomorrow.

Let the whining/back-pedalling begin........

This should be good.......

You're right Kyy, Brodeur does let in softies at bad times, but then he bails himself, and the team out by make 3 or 4 great saves. In all 3 games played so far, he made atleast 3 BIG saves late in the 3rd that normal goalies (like schwab) wouldn't even stop.

As for the 3-0 record, you are right too. Elias is the only "scorer" that is scoring. Even that OT winner was a fluke was the Nashville defenseman slapped the puck from Elias's stick which caused the goal. The Devils got a REALLY big break there. I mean, Brylin and Madden are leading the team in scoring, that is good but I would like to see more production out of Newy and Friesen, who only have 1 assist each. I bet if Sykora was still here, he would've had atleast 2 goals so far, and a couple assists. Friesen is good but it looks like he's tring too hard.

The game, at times was really slow, I want to see the Lightning quick Devils we were promised during the Off-season.

Yes he should have had his leg against the post, and it was at a bad time.

He wasn't the only Devil to make mistakes last night. If we're going to take Brodeur to task for that goal then I think some of the other gaffes should be pointed out.

What was Madden thinking when he could have just tapped it into an empty net in the 1st? Oh that's right he did tap it but he tapped it wide.

Elias as a player should have known Trotz(sp?) would pull that stick check move since he did it to Jagr on opening night.

What the hell was Lagenbruner doing on the pp? He muffed three good passes that could have been great scoring chances?

I like Madden, but his whole line shouldn't be out on the pp for extended minutes at a time.

Why did White have to give the Predator a shot to the head while killing a penalty?

All the players I mentioned also had very good plays during that game.

How about you Kyydax, can you admit Brodeur made some good plays during that game or through the first games of this season? How about a career?

The Devils as a team overcame the individual mistakes. That's why hockey is a team game.

Rock:

I like Madden, but his whole line shouldn't be out on the pp for extended minutes at a time.

The sad part is the Madden line actually created a couple of chances (Madden did get an assist on the Brylin goal), which is more than you could say for most of the rest of the PP. Madden I can tolerate on the PP if he gets chances, but Pando's another story :lol: And Langenbrunner's got to start showing he's a TWO-way forward; we haven't seen much of a scoring touch since he came here and he's been getting hyped up as a great two-way player in the making.

Marty should have stopped both goals tonight. Very stoppable shots. I still don't think the Ottawa goal was Marty's fault.

But what I find humorous is that Kyydax is up at 2am, still providing information on his Brodeur fixation. I hope you have other hobbies, Kyydax, or else your life must be pretty empty.

Dear lord, we're going to look at Marty through a microscope, examining every shot that gets past him. I'll tell you, it's stupid and it's no fun.

This "one soft goal a game" stuff is pure crap. Kyydax, when you have a better, REALISTIC option than Martin Brodeur, let me know. But before you let me know, do an "analysis" on THAT goalie, and let me know how many bad goals a game HE gives up!

Start screaming for DaFoe, Kyydax. :rolleyes:

So what if Marty lets in savable goals? So does every great goalie (Statue of Liberty Patrick Roy anyone?) Didn't an NHL goalie let in a shot from center ice in the olympics? Look at Dunham's game for crying out loud! A slow wrist shot from Colin White at the blue line? And the reason that Brodeur lets in 3rd period goals is because we're allowing WAY too many late 3rd period shots! I just cannot believe the number of quality scoring chances our defense is allowing late in the game, OF COURSE some of them are going to turn into goals!

The fact is this is Broduer's first soft goal. Keep livin' in a Marty hatin' world where deflections and backhanders underneath the crossbar are stoppable.

-Scott

Keep livin' in a Marty lovin' world where goals allowed after dropping to your knees on an unscreened shot from the point and backhanders from AHL-calibre goon defensemen are "quality goals"....

-Reality

You're right Kyy, Brodeur does let in softies at bad times, but then he bails himself, and the team out by make 3 or 4 great saves. In all 3 games played so far, he made atleast 3 BIG saves late in the 3rd that normal goalies (like schwab) wouldn't even stop.

You're correct about that, but that is no way to goaltend.

In the end, it usually comes back to haunt you, and unfortunately for us, it comes back to haunt us in playoff OT.

Give me a guy who stops all the shots he is supposed to stop, over a guy who pulls saves out of his butt, but will then allow a blue line shot.....

Yes he should have had his leg against the post, and it was at a bad time.

He wasn't the only Devil to make mistakes last night. If we're going to take Brodeur to task for that goal then I think some of the other gaffes should be pointed out.

What was Madden thinking when he could have just tapped it into an empty net in the 1st? Oh that's right he did tap it but he tapped it wide.

Elias as a player should have known Trotz(sp?) would pull that stick check move since he did it to Jagr on opening night.

What the hell was Lagenbruner doing on the pp? He muffed three good passes that could have been great scoring chances?

Why did White have to give the Predator a shot to the head while killing a penalty?

All the players I mentioned also had very good plays during that game.

How about you Kyydax, can you admit Brodeur made some good plays during that game or through the first games of this season? How about a career?

The Devils as a team overcame the individual mistakes. That's why hockey is a team game.

The difference between the players you mention and Brodeur is that you don't see anyone saying John Madden is a top 3 forward in the NHL. Ditto Colin White and Jaime Langenbrunner.

And believe me, if anyone tried to tell me that Colin White was a top 3 d-man in the league, worthy of the Norris, I'd shoot them to shreds just like I do with the Brodeurites and Brodeur....

And yes, obviously Brodeur has made some good plays. It's just a shame he has to cancel them out by allowing goals like the 2nd Predator goal....

Marty should have stopped both goals tonight. Very stoppable shots. I still don't think the Ottawa goal was Marty's fault.

But what I find humorous is that Kyydax is up at 2am, still providing information on his Brodeur fixation. I hope you have other hobbies, Kyydax, or else your life must be pretty empty.

It's good to see that you are not totally blinded by your fandom and can tell a bad goal when you see one.

But what does when I post have anything to do with anything?

Or maybe you just couldn't agree with what I had to say without trying to put a negative spin on it?

Oh and by the way, it's called shift work.

Marty should have stopped both goals tonight.  Very stoppable shots.  I still don't think the Ottawa goal was Marty's fault.

But what I find humorous is that Kyydax is up at 2am, still providing information on his Brodeur fixation.  I hope you have other hobbies, Kyydax, or else your life must be pretty empty.

It's good to see that you are not totally blinded by your fandom and can tell a bad goal when you see one.

But what does when I post have anything to do with anything?

Or maybe you just couldn't agree with what I had to say without trying to put a negative spin on it?

Oh and by the way, it's called shift work.

Actually I did agree with you about the two Nashville goals being softies.

So there goes that argument.

Again, Kyydax, like I've said on the past, you can't give up a bad goal a game if you have over 50 career shutouts. It's a mathematical impossibility. :P

I saw your argument about the Ottawa goal the other day, saying that Brodeur should have stood up to protect the top part of the net instead of dropping to the ice to protect the bottom on the deflection. I don't know if you're right or not because I'm not an expert on goaltenders technique, but I think it's nitpicking.

Please, tell me the goaltender who doesn't allow bad goals and how the Devils can get him.

If your point is that Brodeur is not as great as some people think he is, then point taken. But if your point is that there's a better option out there for NJ, you lost me.