213 replies to this topic

#41 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

What do you guys this about this.. I purchased a weekend plan at the end of the summer when the original schedule was out. I asked my rep if I'd be refunded if a lockout were to happen and he said yes. I got an email a few days ago telling me what my updated ticket schedule looks like and it does not work out with my work schedule. I called him today to explain my situation and he said I could not get a full refund. I can be refunded for 5 games, but I need to keep at least 8. Does that sound right to you guys? I know I'm still getting 13 games, but these are not the ones I signed up for.
Posted Image

#42 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

What do you guys this about this.. I purchased a weekend plan at the end of the summer when the original schedule was out. I asked my rep if I'd be refunded if a lockout were to happen and he said yes. I got an email a few days ago telling me what my updated ticket schedule looks like and it does not work out with my work schedule. I called him today to explain my situation and he said I could not get a full refund. I can be refunded for 5 games, but I need to keep at least 8. Does that sound right to you guys? I know I'm still getting 13 games, but these are not the ones I signed up for.

You may have to go a little pushy on them. Explain that the schedule doesn't work for you and and if you can't move more games around then you'd just like to cancel the whole ticket plan. It's nobodies fault the whole schedule changed, so it gives them a nice excuse to break their rules while still keeping a sale. The last thing the ticket reps want is to lose a sale.

Worse comes to worse, write a handwritten letter to Lou. He'll read it(although a typed one that his assistant will read is a good idea too, for promptness) and I almost guarantee he'll get it straightened out. We've had him step in once or twice in situations to give the ok for things that normally wouldn't be acceptable to the sales department.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#43 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

You may have to go a little pushy on them. Explain that the schedule doesn't work for you and and if you can't move more games around then you'd just like to cancel the whole ticket plan. It's nobodies fault the whole schedule changed, so it gives them a nice excuse to break their rules while still keeping a sale. The last thing the ticket reps want is to lose a sale.

Worse comes to worse, write a handwritten letter to Lou. He'll read it(although a typed one that his assistant will read is a good idea too, for promptness) and I almost guarantee he'll get it straightened out. We've had him step in once or twice in situations to give the ok for things that normally wouldn't be acceptable to the sales department.

Thanks for the info. Honestly I'd like to just keep the tix for the games I can attend, then sell some to friends that are interested in the others. He said I only need to keep 8 games, so hopefully I can find some people. Might end up putting them on the Marketplace here.
Posted Image

#44 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Interesting article comparing the perks being given out by all NHL teams to entice fans back.

http://espn.go.com/b...o-win-fans-back
Posted Image

#45 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Interesting article comparing the perks being given out by all NHL teams to entice fans back.

http://espn.go.com/b...o-win-fans-back

Wow, it's like the majority of the league figures that after the home opener, or at least the first 1-4 games maximum, it's back to business as usual.

#46 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

And its amazing how many teams (Rangers, Flyers, Caps, Wild, Kings, etc.) are doing absolutely nothing. While the Rags and Flyers regularly sellout, the Wild, Coyotes and Kings generally don't.
Posted Image

#47 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Looking forward to those home opener surprises
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Looking forward to those home opener surprises

Was it after the last lockout every team gave fans those little Stanley Cups? Could be remembering incorrectly. Maybe the Devils gave a black hat with am NHL slogan on the back...

#49 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I wasn't a STH during the last lockout, but I heard they gave every STH (seat, not account) a personalized jersey. Not saying they have to do that again, but it would be pretty cool if they did.
Posted Image

#50 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I wasn't a STH during the last lockout, but I heard they gave every STH (seat, not account) a personalized jersey. Not saying they have to do that again, but it would be pretty cool if they did.

That was also when the jersey switch happened, or soon after, so I think they had a whole bunch of jersey's sitting on hand that were no longer official :lol: It was a nice gift though.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#51 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

They did, I got a Paul Martin (oops, at least it was free, I just wanted an American at the time) and Brodeur (wanted to have one that I didn't have to worry about getting dirty)

I doubt they give us jack squat this year. I was amazed they even gave out the free jerseys at the time,

Edited by Satans Hockey, 17 January 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#52 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Are you guys able to print or forward your tickets yet? I still can't.

#53 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

After the last lockout ANY ticket plan holder got a free jersey. I just had the weeknight plan and we got free customized jerseys for every ticket in my account. I think we also got merchandise discounts for the Devils Den catalog. Since the lockout ended during the summer, at the draft party before the season everybody that showed up got a voucher for a free game ticket and they had free sodas and hot dogs as well. It was total madness getting in. The line wrapped around the arena and almost to Paterson Plank Rd. On opening night everybody got a free cap and mini Stanley Cup.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#54 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Are you guys able to print or forward your tickets yet? I still can't.

Yes, I could do it last night.

#55 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yes, I could do it last night.

I wonder why I can't?

#56 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I wonder why I can't?

Give the Devils a call tomorrow and they will fix it for you. Maybe they skipped your account by accident.

#57 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

New Jersey Devils
A spokesman for the team says there are surprises being planned for the home opener and that fans will begin to receive details on Thursday.

Has anyone received any of these details? Will these surprises be for all attending or just STH?

#58 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Edit

Edited by rpaq88, 18 January 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#59 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

• Personally Inscribed Brick in Championship Plaza.
  • EXTENDED: Your opportunity to purchase tickets at 50% off for regular season games has been extended through Friday, January 25th at midnight.
  • Two Free Tickets to one of four games of your choice which will be mailed to you before January 22 Opening Night.
  • Little Devils Vouchers for four free tickets for kids under 12 to one of six games of your choice – redemption instructions will be sent soon via email.
  • Devils Den Red Carpet Rewards where you will enjoy a 20% discount only made available for Season Ticket Holders through January 31st for ALL purchases at the Newly Designed Devils Den. All you will need to show is your Season Ticket at the register to enjoy the savings.
  • Exclusive Watch Party where you can celebrate opening night Saturday, January 19 at the Rock, in one of our lounges. Please join us for appetizers, soft drinks and reduced bar prices.
  • Two Complimentary Tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft at the Rock for each account – instructions will be sent to you as the Draft approaches.
  • Exclusive Post-Game Skates on the main ice – you will be hearing from us soon with instructions to reserve your time to skate on the same sheet that Devils players played on earlier in the night.
  • An Exclusive Lapel Pin designed especially for Season Ticket Holders.
  • A Donation to Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund will be made by “Devils Care” on behalf of each Season Ticket Holder.
  • Season Ticket Holder Tuesdays where you will receive a special offer every Tuesday throughout the season, exclusively for Season Ticket Holders via your “Devils Army Rewards” email.

Just got the email...I'm sure people are still going to complain but I think the rewards are pretty decent.

Edited by GoArmySports, 18 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#60 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Just got the email...I'm sure people are still going to complain but I think the rewards are pretty decent.

I will admit it is pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users