@hughweber giving away to free tickets for tonight's game

HellOnICE

Maybe Hugh can offer everyone a ride to the game as well lol.

Yeah seriously...if this game were during the day I'd probably just go mass transit and hope the couple mile drive home doesn't completely suck but since it's at night the icy roads and train delays worry me more, so I wound up selling my tickets for like 40 cents on the dollar.

Didn't the Penguins game in the snow last year have pretty decent attendance?

They had 16,000 people show up to that game.  But the snow then was just a nuisance snow.  This is a major storm.

Yeah seriously...if this game were during the day I'd probably just go mass transit and hope the couple mile drive home doesn't completely suck but since it's at night the icy roads and train delays worry me more, so I wound up selling my tickets for like 40 cents on the dollar.

I'm probably gonna end up eating mine.  No big deal.  I'm justifying it by saying I'm getting a deal by going to the Ducks game next Friday for free.

meh - i was out on the roads - really no big deal. highways totally fine and roads in essex county are pretty much clear.

Yeah I had no trouble getting down to Teaneck for work today, but getting home later could be an issue. Hoping the really heavy stuff they're predicting for this evening holds out for a while.

meh - i was out on the roads - really no big deal. highways totally fine and roads in essex county are pretty much clear.

Exactly what I was gonna say. I've never seen weather you couldn't drive through in NJ. I've been out in every major snowstorm that's hit over the past 3-4 years and never gotten stuck. The interstates, highways and county routes will be plowed and salted, so they'll not get bad unless it gets colder and the snow actually accumulates on the roads. Now if you got a sports car or a 2wd pick up, maybe you want to think twice.

This is coming from someone that has tires that I guess they like to call economy tires, but it really means they're so low grip that you can chirp the tires by revving the engine to a whopping 2500rpm...mind you in my beastly 2l 130hp Mazda 626, lol. And I ain't gots that new fangled, anti locking brakes neither.

Exactly what I was gonna say. I've never seen weather you couldn't drive through in NJ. I've been out in every major snowstorm that's hit over the past 3-4 years and never gotten stuck. The interstates, highways and county routes will be plowed and salted, so they'll not get bad unless it gets colder and the snow actually accumulates on the roads. Now if you got a sports car or a 2wd pick up, maybe you want to think twice.

This is coming from someone that has tires that I guess they like to call economy tires, but it really means they're so low grip that you can chirp the tires by revving the engine to a whopping 2500rpm...mind you in my beastly 2l 130hp Mazda 626, lol. And I ain't gots that new fangled, anti locking brakes neither.

the only storm I've ever seen that was literally impossible to drive was the one we got in October a few years back... The leaves hadn't dropped yet which caused downed trees and power lines on pretty much every road in Bergen. I literally could not get to the parkway to get back to school.

Great seats, never had an smoother ride to the Rock than last night. Quick and easy.

First game of the year for me, the new goal song I actually like a lot. I think it's cheesy some people shoehorning You Suck in there, but whatever. Great song to hear, especially when they win.

Opening video was pretty good too.

Really disappointing to see the Tastes of Newark completely abandoned up in the Mezzanie section.

Great seats, never had an smoother ride to the Rock than last night. Quick and easy.

First game of the year for me, the new goal song I actually like a lot. I think it's cheesy some people shoehorning You Suck in there, but whatever. Great song to hear, especially when they win.

Really disappointing to see the Tastes of Newark completely abandoned up in the Mezzanie section.

Not surprising since none of those places are run by the actual real Newark eateries anymore.

Another great legacy left by JVB and his piss poor vendor and sponsor relations.

If you had to guess, what would you say was the actual number of people in the building last night?

I agree about the goal song btw.  I love the fact that MSG and the Devils found a successful way to drown out the YS chants during the song.  The fact that the crowd decided to find a way to get in a YS chant AFTER the song doesn't bother me.  I also love the LGD piped in chant during the song.