PoniKoravski traded back to Devils. Zubrus to miss 2-8 Weeks

thelastonealive

So do you guys prefer...

Poni - Zajac - Kovalchuk                          Matteau - Zajac - Kovalchuk                       Kovalchuk - Zajac - Butler

Elias - Henrique - Clarkson                      Elias - Henrique - Clarkson                          Elias - Henrique - Clarkson

Matteau - Josefson - Butler        or          Poni - Josefson - Butler                  or          Matteau - Josefson - Poni

Carter - Gionta - Bernier                          Carter - Gionta - Bernier                             Carter - Gionta - Bernier

So do you guys prefer...

Poni - Zajac - Kovalchuk                          Matteau - Zajac - Kovalchuk                       Kovalchuk - Zajac - Butler

Elias - Henrique - Clarkson                      Elias - Henrique - Clarkson                          Elias - Henrique - Clarkson

Matteau - Josefson - Butler        or          Poni - Josefson - Butler                  or          Matteau - Josefson - Poni

Carter - Gionta - Bernier                          Carter - Gionta - Bernier                             Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I'm a fan of option #3 for now.  Adding Zubrus to that excites me.

Very good depth move again.  Poni and Zubrus together will make a great 3rd line.  Now we need to bring a top 6 winger.  Probably not likely but it would make us serious contenders.

Yes bringing a real top RW so we can get Kovy back on the left side where im still amazed he's not pinned there after all the goals he's scoring from that side...

Kovy Zajac AwesomeWinger

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Poni Josefson Zubrus

Carter Gionta Bernier

extra : Butler, Matteau

i'd feel really comfortable with this and an injury wouldnt hurt us too bad either

SterioDesign, on 14 Feb 2013 - 18:08, said:

Yes bringing a real top RW so we can get Kovy back on the left side where im still amazed he's not pinned there after all the goals he's scoring from that side...

Kovy Zajac AwesomeWinger

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Poni Josefson Zubrus

Carter Gionta Bernier

extra : Butler, Matteau

i'd feel really comfortable with this and an injury wouldnt hurt us too bad either

How are we forgetting the success the Poni Zajac Kovy line had last spring. I want that to be our top line. No bumbling with rookies in our top line. I just wish Matteau didn't have to play those extra games, it makes the decision of playing Butler instead of him, the right decision, much easier.

Just another silly though. What if we split up CBGB. Bernier could hold his own I feel, then put like Carter, Gionta and Butler/Matteau?

Edited by cgb6397

My sister just texted me saying that she filled Zubrus' prescription. She also said Dainius' mom was there and she didnt speak a lick of english. I told her to write, "Go Devils!" on it and she did.

. Haha, that's cool- I wonder if he stopped by MSweet's store afterwards for an espresso and a Nikon. :P

How are we forgetting the success the Poni Zajac Kovy line had last spring. I want that to be our top line. No bumbling with rookies in our top line. I just wish Matteau didn't have to play those extra games, it makes the decision of playing Butler instead of him, the right decision, much easier.

Just another silly though. What if we split up CBGB. Bernier could hold his own I feel, then put like Carter, Gionta and Butler/Matteau?

I don't see Butler getting benched. When Zubrus gets back, the best 9 will play, period. Til then, it should be Barch riding the pine.

I wouldn't split CBGB up, it just seems like they get the most out of each other. The whole there is so much more than the sum of the parts, imho.

I don't see Butler getting benched. When Zubrus gets back, the best 9 will play, period. Til then, it should be Barch riding the pine.

I wouldn't split CBGB up, it just seems like they get the most out of each other. The whole there is so much more than the sum of the parts, imho.

I agree that they function so well together, but a lot of the chemistry seems to be between Carter and Gio. I think Bernier would play well in any line because he plays a different game than those two. If there wasn't the whole "CBGB" "4th line from the playoffs" tag hanging over them, Bernier has played good enough hockey to get a first line nod.

I agree that they function so well together, but a lot of the chemistry seems to be between Carter and Gio. I think Bernier would play well in any line because he plays a different game than those two. If there wasn't the whole "CBGB" "4th line from the playoffs" tag hanging over them, Bernier has played good enough hockey to get a first line nod.

Bernier is very important to the CBGB line. It's a synergy between those dudes that works only when they're together. It's like Seinfeld. Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine were only good as a unit. You could never do a spinoff with one of them.

Barch isn't going anywhere until the end of the regular season, so any lines that don't include him are pipe dreams.  I'm tempted to say ditto lines that have Kovalchuk on LW but injuries *could* force that.  Still, given the team opened the season with its LWs as Tedenby, Zubrus, Carter, and Matteau, it's hard to see how much worse it could get.

Bernier is very important to the CBGB line. It's a synergy between those dudes that works only when they're together. It's like Seinfeld. Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine were only good as a unit. You could never do a spinoff with one of them.

agreed those 3 guys can't be split. lol i feel like they must be the best buddies in real life always having a blast together off the ice.

agreed those 3 guys can't be split. lol i feel like they must be the best buddies in real life always having a blast together off the ice.

Bernier could definitely play with others but it would weaken the depth of the team because of the chemistry he has with carter and gionta.  CBGB has to stay in tact.  They started a bit slow but have taken off of late.  The line personifies what this team is all about.

I just think telling ourselves an identical line will stay together for an entire post season and the following season isn't really reasonable. I would actually be interested in seeing their games individually. If they can forecheck like hell,get good shots on net and play defensively why can't they do it with Elias? Poni? Clarkson? Kovy?

Carter-Josefson-Bernier was just as successful before Gionta replaced Josefson due to injury.

Agreed.  And they've been good when they've been put together late in games.  I know DeBoer is going to keep that line together but once they go 6 or 7 games without scoring (which will happen given how rarely the puck goes towards the other goal) maybe he'll consider breaking it up.

Agreed.  And they've been good when they've been put together late in games.  I know DeBoer is going to keep that line together but once they go 6 or 7 games without scoring (which will happen given how rarely the puck goes towards the other goal) maybe he'll consider breaking it up.

For a 4th line, they're pretty good. They're dogged and opportunistic, and they tire teams out. I don't expect them to generate as many chances as our skilled lines, but those boys know how to make some noise and pounce on mistakes.

For a 4th line, they're pretty good. They're dogged and opportunistic, and they tire teams out. I don't expect them to generate as many chances as our skilled lines, but those boys know how to make some noise and pounce on mistakes.

they've been out there against other teams better lines, even at home.  when the forecheck breaks down , thats when potentially  bad things happen, bernier is late on the back checks, or they get pinned in and cant breakout, zid looks for a winger and he's not there, etc ..... their corsi numbers are trending down

CBGB needs to be the fourth line. The devils can't rely on them to produce the way a good third line should be able to. If this team wants to get back to the SCF moves have to be made up front to move them into they 4th line roll. I think everyone can agree that if moves are made and they become the 4th line again that they would be one if the best 4th's in the league. But as a third line it won't work out for NJ

CBGB needs to be the fourth line. The devils can't rely on them to produce the way a good third line should be able to. If this team wants to get back to the SCF moves have to be made up front to move them into they 4th line roll. I think everyone can agree that if moves are made and they become the 4th line again that they would be one if the best 4th's in the league. But as a third line it won't work out for NJ

And with Poni, we have 3 real lines, unless they keep rolling Barch out.

You guys are giving Barch a bad rap. He's done what we needed from him and is as skilled an enforcer as we've had. He hasn't scored yet but he's played well. Especially on a game like tonight's against Philly, I'm all for him breaking the lineup.

Compared to Boulton and Janssen, Barch has been great. I have yet to scream at the TV, "wtf are you doing you idiot" because of anything he did. Even the few times he's gotten caught out there when the opposing team puts it's top line out and he's not done anything glaringly awful in those situations and that's all you can ask of a guy like Barch.

Compared to Boulton and Janssen, Barch has been great. I have yet to scream at the TV, "wtf are you doing you idiot" because of anything he did. Even the few times he's gotten caught out there when the opposing team puts it's top line out and he's not done anything glaringly awful in those situations and that's all you can ask of a guy like Barch.

He knows the fundamentals. Although he doesnt have a lot of talent he is a smart hockey player.