Roenick Smack Talk

FriesenKris

Anyone catch this?: Jeremy Roenick, in the Islanders post-game interview, said he would not want to emulate the New Jersey Devils because "they are boring as hell". Joe Michiletti (sp?) totally agreed.

Well, at least Burns has material to use before the next game against the Flyers.

Funny how he loves the team he plays for because they play "exciting defense" and "resonsible offence" yet calls the team they COPY "boring".

LMAO... I saw this. Funny as Hell. He even said the whole game against the Isles, there was a lot of holding and hooking with nothing called.

Gotta say the Flyers looked really good in this one. Roenick also when asked if the Flyers can beat the Devils chimed in: "Sure we can. We can beat anyone in the league when we play well. Against them last week, we didn't show up to play the third."

Hey JR, what are your excuses last year when you couldn't beat these same Devils?? Didn't show up then either? Or is it that this team is good enough to shut you and your other old farts down like Champions?

We be boring, We be winning Champions! Put that in your pipe and smoke it bitch! Woot!

He's a dvck for saying that... but He'd be a really good fit on our team.

Thisstuff is just lookeroom poster material.

JR is not a dumb guy, so I'm trying to see how him saying this helps the Phailures.

Maybe he was just pissed about how he played or how they played him in the Isles game and he lost his composure and vented on the most imprtant rival for Philly.

Their coach has made this year a personal vendetta against us.

Here's what pisses me off. The Giants' championship teams were ALL Defense. It was "The Big Blue Wrecking Crew." They won games by stifling opponents and scoring 10 points. That's the equivalent of a goal and a third in terms of scoring excitement. Do people call them boring? No. They fondly remember when the Giants could play defense, had a pass rush and a secondary...

Notice I said *remember*.

Anyway, this is finger-pointing blame that doesn't happen in other sports. When baseball teams have great pitching, it's the same thing. But it's not "oh, they're boring, I wouldn't want to have good pitchers if it meant giving up the excitement" -- it's "hey, that team has a helluva pitching staff!"

Tired of it. 7, if you think women's bowling and golf is more interesting, I invite you to find a forum that discusses that because I'm quite frankly sick of your menopausal bitching. Either be a fan of the team and accept the system or find some other bandwagon to hitch a ride on.

JR is not a dumb guy, so I'm trying to see how him saying this helps the Phailures.

Maybe he was just pissed about how he played or how they played him in the Isles game and he lost his composure and vented on the most imprtant rival for Philly.

Nah, he actually had a pretty good game, and was probably in a good mood. He just wanted to take a shot at us when given the opportunity.