More Twitter Douchey-ness by LA

RunninWithTheDevil

The Devils PR team is even more stupid for entertaining this nonsense anyways.  Do your talking on the ice, and quite frankly, their first tweet wasn't far from the truth - Kopitar IS playing while Brodeur is gorging himself on hot dogs and cheese fries on the golf course.

The truth hurts.  Maybe it will be good "pin up" material for the boys in the locker room next season.

The Devils PR team is even more stupid for entertaining this nonsense anyways.  Do your talking on the ice, and quite frankly, their first tweet wasn't far from the truth - Kopitar IS playing while Brodeur is gorging himself on hot dogs and cheese fries on the golf course.

The truth hurts.  Maybe it will be good "pin up" material for the boys in the locker room next season.

Yes, because playing what still may be just an extra 7 games over Marty, is totally enough to overshadow that Marty's career accomplishments.........The Devils PR team doing this is fine too. Everyone complains our marketing and PR sucks, then they finally make some funny jokes on twitter and you want them to shut up?

They should really work on finding something they're actually better than everyone else at, like not winning a cup for 46 years.

they're better than every other team at twitter at least

Yes, let's speak of truths and then make something up about what hes eating in the same sentence. You deserve a prize.

Yes, because playing what still may be just an extra 7 games over Marty, is totally enough to overshadow that Marty's career accomplishments.........The Devils PR team doing this is fine too. Everyone complains our marketing and PR sucks, then they finally make some funny jokes on twitter and you want them to shut up?

I like it, could have done without the personal insult (better looking)

I just wish the PR department spent time on things that really matter, like holding events that they promised would happen or have better organization and communication with fans rather than having Twitter wars.

It also doesn't look good for them when I can get tickets to their preseason game in Barclays right now about 4 months in advance yet we have yet to hear anything about getting tickets at our own arena for the draft that is less than 2 months away.

Edited by DevsMan84

I just wish the PR department spent time on things that really matter, like holding events that they promised would happen or have better organization and communication with fans rather than having Twitter wars.

It also doesn't look good for them when I can get tickets to their preseason game in Barclays right now about 4 months in advance yet we have yet to hear anything about getting tickets at our own arena for the draft that is less than 2 months away.

I'm also upset that they never rescheduled the equipment sale, but I don't think whoever the college kid is that they have updating the twitter feed has anything to do with that end of things.

Also, I'd like to hear about draft tickets, but the Devils PR has nothing to do with when Barclay decides to release tickets to their own events.

It probably took thirty seconds to type the tweet, big deal.  Especially since the LA twitter fired the first shot, so to speak.

I don't think the Devils entirely control what goes on with draft tickets either, since it's an NHL event.  Although it wouldn't shock me if they tried to hold off the public distribution of tickets as long as possible to sell more season tickets using the draft (and a probable outdoor game) as carrots.

Most other team twitters wouldn't say something as stupid as what they said when they signed Jonathan Quick - that's gonna get thrown back in their face for years to come.

yeah that was dumb from the get go, but of course they're gonna boast when they win the cup and sign (at the time) the best goalie in the league long term 

Edited by DH26

Unfortunately, LA can throw as much dirt in our face as they want at the moment, and we'd just have to take it. They won the Cup, have a hell of a bright future, arguably the best goaltender in the league, and good coaching. I just hope they don't win another Cup and follow the same fate as Carolina did after their big win in 2005-06.

they're just being pompous. watch, their overconfidence is their weakness

starwars6_clip23.jpg

They have a good team, a great team, and are having fun with it. We expect to be there every year, these last 2 years have been like snow in July for them. I say let them have their fun, especially if it grows the game.