• Ilya Kovalchuk
    • Travis Zajac
    • David Clarkson
    • Dainus Zubrus
    • Andy Greene
    • Anton Volchenkov
    • Bryce Salvador

I wouldn't mind giving Henrique an "A"

I could see him getting a letter but in time. You know him coming in to his 2nd season I doubt they'd do it. But I can definitely see him being one if our future leaders

Would it be selfish of me to hope Zajac DOESN'T get anything? I just bought a Zajac jersey yesterday during the IceJerseys $5 customization sale and I'd be bummed if it went out of date in just a couple months. :blush:

You could always add a letter to it. It doesn't cost that much.

Kovy will be the captain. He's here for the long haul and he deserves it.

Elias/Sal will be the As.

I'm a big fan of defesemen being captain, very little pressure to put up numbers. I'd prefer Sal if possible but will understand if they name Kovy captain.

I'm a big fan of defesemen being captain, very little pressure to put up numbers. I'd prefer Sal if possible but will understand if they name Kovy captain.

When do they usually come out with who is carrying it letters?

I think Kovy, Elias, Parise had the A's during the preseason (Zubrus, Sal, Greene wore them too when those guys were out) and I think Zach was named captain in early October a few days before opening night.

This is my thought process exactly. He led the underdog defense in the playoffs last year. Now let him lead the underdog Devils all year.

I hate these threads which occur almost every year now with this team. It makes very little difference at all who has the letters on their jerseys. The leaders are the leaders regardless of whether they have an extra letter on their jersey. Yes yes, they can talk to the refs in the cone of silence, but my point is that 99.999% of the team's success is unimpacted by the selection of the C IMO.

I hate these threads which occur almost every year now with this team. It makes very little difference at all who has the letters on their jerseys. The leaders are the leaders regardless of whether they have an extra letter on their jersey. Yes yes, they can talk to the refs in the cone of silence, but my point is that 99.999% of the team's success is unimpacted by the selection of the C IMO.

just asking chill brah