Rupp Creates Havoc In Devils Zone.

Quinn01

Rupp does this...he tried to kill Pandolfo a couple years back when he was with the Pens. The guy has such a frigging boner for the Devils, he blames us for stunting his career and since then has tried to mutiliate anyone in a Devil shirt since then, as if it's his former friends' fault he's not any better than a fourth-liner. **** him :rant:

Rupp does this...he tried to kill Pandolfo a couple years back when he was with the Pens. The guy has such a frigging boner for the Devils, he blames us for stunting his career and since then has tried to mutiliate anyone in a Devil shirt since then, as if it's his former friends' fault he's not any better than a fourth-liner. **** him :rant:

You're right, but he's fvcked in the head. I mean seriously, the guy was a first round pick who flamed out and nobody but us gave him a chance to play in the NHL. The guy becomes a decent grinder/fighter, scores a game 7 cup winning goal...and has nothing but harsh words for the franchise who actually gave him a shot and let him develop a bit in albany...even when it was clear he'd never be the Kevin Stevens type that everybody projected him to be.

every time i met him at a devils fan event i thought he was the nicest guy on the planet. he's nothing more than a goon now and goons are going to do what goons have to do.

You're right, but he's fvcked in the head. I mean seriously, the guy was a first round pick who flamed out and nobody but us gave him a chance to play in the NHL. The guy becomes a decent grinder/fighter, scores a game 7 cup winning goal...and has nothing but harsh words for the franchise who actually gave him a shot and let him develop a bit in albany...even when it was clear he'd never be the Kevin Stevens type that everybody projected him to be.

Kevin Stevens...haven't heard that name in a while.

I didn't catch what happened during the tv timeout. It looked like the ref was sending guys off the ice because of a late change, but bickel ended up back out there. I thought the idea was the rangers wanted to get their hell raisers on the ice.

There was another time in game 3 where it looked like the rangers got away with a late change

apparently there is a picture of mike rupp in a dress surfacing on facebook that isnt photoshopped

It's from the Devils Halloween party. His wife went as Avery. He was her bitch.

I think you guys aren't reading this right at all. I mean I just think - the truth is kind of sadder than your fiction so maybe I should just shut up - sort of like a left-handed defense of the guy... but when have I ever shown discretion...

Rupp just isn't that good. The Devils saved his freaking life getting rid of him. He's a relentless guy and that's what's appealing. But he had to get shut down so he'd fix his heart and take the time to heal. So he healed and got treated like a scrub on his return -- so Lou gave him another chance, not out of sentimentality but because he had something. But it was too late Rupp CHOSE the scrub route. Because it's easy. It's a cut and dry role (heehe I wrote roll - like croissant) on the path of least resistance. Clark is one of the few that find his spot as thug while all the while working to go beyond. Rupp can't do that. He doesn't understand "use your size" --- what can you do? "Channel into your temper" -- he just doesn't get what that really means.... but he can scrape by if he runs on the fumes of frustration. :noclue: It's just a bummer... he DOESN"T think he could have been someone... he thinks this is what he does, all he can do... and he;s right now because he's getting old.

Soooo... it's not evil or cheap -- he just thinks he's doing what he has to, what he's paid to do.

You're giving him way too much credit. He's in this league hangin' by a thread... it's all he can do to keep his head above water.

Edited by Pepperkorn

"No supplemental discipine hearings from Devils-Rangers Game 4; No fines expected either" -TG

I'm ok with that but I would prefer that Rupp gets a fine to at least put him on notice so they can throw the book at him when ever he pulls that sh!t again.

"No supplemental discipine hearings from Devils-Rangers Game 4; No fines expected either" -TG

I'm ok with that but I would prefer that Rupp gets a fine to at least put him on notice so they can throw the book at him when ever he pulls that sh!t again.

Maybe Rupp's tactic is for PDB to dress Boulton/Janssen.