Loktionov

gsnts725

Just strolled down memory lane looking at post totals - I remember being ashamed of myself because I was about to post more than red - who had held the top post total amount for a while... and zamode was right up there with us...  so I looked - you two stopped around the 5000 mark!!!  Can you stand it even? 

You two.. as if you're even reading  lonely-1.gif

and FYI - red misspells his own name and "and" and "the" as well..

Lokti is not going anywhere, I'm 100% sure he will be re-signed. Even if his production has decreased, well, we haven't exactly been scoring a lot lately, so that's to be expected. On the ice, he has an excellent ability in gaining the zone and his passing and playmaking are up there as well.

His confidence has dropped alongside his teammates', but when he was fired up, he kind of resembled Kovy when handling the puck (i.e. skating around players like they were cones).

Edited by Wolfy

and Zajac's not exactly a hard name to spell and he's not exactly a new player 

You should pay attention to what PK is saying. red started this forum before this site even existed. Does he have trouble with spelling? Yes. Is it worth bothering about? No. He will always misspell at least half a dozen names and other things in his posts. That's almost as much a signature of his as PK's halfway lunatic ramblings about stalking Scott Stevens. There is a reason why his tag is Hockey God and those of us who still are around from when DM made his post on red's board that he was starting this site and moved all of us off of that pop-up laden disaster page understand that in a world that really didn't have very much Devils-focused internet presence, red was there to bring us fans together.

• Like 2

wow... dis'in' a founder.

red started the board with DM way back when.  TskTsk_emoticon.gif

Just strolled down memory lane looking at post totals - I remember being ashamed of myself because I was about to post more than red - who had held the top post total amount for a while... and zamode was right up there with us...  so I looked - you two stopped around the 5000 mark!!!  Can you stand it even? 

You two.. as if you're even reading  lonely-1.gif

and FYI - red misspells his own name and "and" and "the" as well..

Aaahhhh yes, Network 54 days.  I had to go and look at some of those posts again.  And Zamode, I miss her. She always spelled redrum in red.  People had their monikers and no one complained.  I wonder if I went back to using "dew" for do, due or doo what would happen.  Glad I stopped that.  I would be swiss cheese by now. lol  Remember Pooh said, "My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."

I like our group next year if they find a good winger. Also find a younger replacement for Poni, he has been playing uninspired hockey, its hard to watch a 6'4 player play so small. Matteau would be doing a better job than him right now.

??? - Loktionov - Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Henrique Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

Gimme two left wingers please.

I like our group next year if they find a good winger. Also find a younger replacement for Poni, he has been playing uninspired hockey, its hard to watch a 6'4 player play so small. Matteau would be doing a better job than him right now.

??? - Loktionov - Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Henrique Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

Gimme two left wingers please.

I think Matteau gets every chance to make the team out of camp, so that should eliminate the third line LW spot. Maybe we could see Drouin  :thumbsup:

Pete punishing the kids again for every little mistake, while the vets continually slide.  That's the one thing I don't like about the head coach.

Probably a moot point anyway now that Kovy's hurt and not playing, so Lokti'll go back in the lineup tomorrow I'd guess.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pete punishing the kids again for every little mistake, while the vets continually slide.  That's the one thing I don't like about the head coach.

Probably a moot point anyway now that Kovy's hurt and not playing, so Lokti'll go back in the lineup tomorrow I'd guess.

Bothers me as well, I don't get it.

I thought it was the opposite in Florida lol didnt a lot of vets get annoyed at Pete in Florida?

did they even have any vets in FL when he was there besides Weiss? They brought in all Tallon's FA mercenaries after PDB 

I always have trouble taking people seriously when they can't even spell out players' names correctly. I understand that English might not be everyone's first language, but this isn't some minor grammar gripe, it's the players' names. They're on the jerseys. Learn 'em.

Bite me!!  Why should I bother spelling his name correctly (Zajac, is that better?)  if he cannot bother scoring goals??

Bite me!!  Why should I bother spelling his name correctly (Zajac, is that better?)  if he cannot bother scoring goals??

If it's your first language, and you can't spell, that's just laziness. I'm sorry, but language and grammar=intelligence. It's what separates us from the animals.

If it's your first language, and you can't spell, that's just laziness. I'm sorry, but language and grammar=intelligence. It's what separates us from the animals.

You were already explained once why to stay off reD's back.  His poor spelling is as much a part of this board as LucifersDog's Marty talk.

Because the kids can learn something -- the vets are hopeless. 

I do agree there is a risk a disconnect will be created in the minds of the team that way though.  Kids are usually the first to whine about how picked on they are.  They seem to understand though.  but with Larsson you do sort of pick up that he looks to the vets and they appear in fact to slow his development and lead him the wrong.

Our vets seem to say confidently "this is the way it's done" and then screw up and get told it's OK by management -- because they kind of suck.  They get it done but it's not so clear - it's not a nice tidy lesson. Personally I think it's a little confusing to develop a guy this way... but I dont have an alternative suggestion. :noclue:

You were already explained once why to stay off reD's back.  His poor spelling is as much a part of this board as LucifersDog's Marty talk.

I also tell him I think his Marty talk is utter bs, but no one here whines about how we shouldn't tell him he's completely off base about his constant Marty bashing.

I don't understand your point. I didn't tell him I don't think he should post on the board. I spoke my feelings, others agreed. Now you, way late to the party, want to complain to me. I don't care. Every comment you make reeks of 'I'm so much better than you in every way' bs aura. You're insufferable.

Back to Loktionov: it appears that he will be sitting tonight in place of Josefson. Does anyone know if he's a little banged up or something? Another example of how the veterans seem to have it much easier.

Who should sit for him (other than Gionta but thankfully Gionta is stapled to the 4th line)?  His ice time has gone down, as has his play - I like his game a lot, but the guy we saw in the first 15 games hasn't really been around lately, and I'm not talking about the goal scoring - I'm talking about forcing turnovers and making smart plays.  There's also been a fair number of bad habits creeping into his game too.